ADVERTISEMENT

Its official... the NCAA is now Government-run

Umm....did you read the article. He is not running for re-election. He will stop being governor on Jan 1, 2023 and he won't be taking over as NCAA president until March 1, 2023.

Umm....did you read the article. He is not running for re-election. He will stop being governor on Jan 1, 2023 and he won't be taking over as NCAA president until March 1, 2023.
He is just trading in 1 political position for another. Just because he won't hold office doesn't mean he is isn't a polititan.

The NCAA has almost always been run by Academics or Athletic Directors. Now it is literally run by a politician.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
He is just trading in 1 political position for another. Just because he won't hold office doesn't mean he is isn't a polititan.

The NCAA has almost always been run by Academics or Athletic Directors. Now it is literally run by a politician.
The NCAA literally was started because of Teddy Roosevelt. The sun will rise tomorrow

I guess you don’t live in Florida where the governor tells professors what they can and cannot teach and what textbooks they can and cannot use!
How is that any different than what happens at the federal level? The main difference i see is who you like or dislike. I’ll go with the one who isn’t shoving inappropriate/ immoral material down the throats of kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT