ADVERTISEMENT

Is it a legitimate question to ask Harris?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I hear her saying "When I'm elected President, I'll do......" this and that.

Question: if all those are great ideas, why aren't you working on them now or over the last 3 years?

Now granted, I know most of this is just telling the misinformed voter what they want to hear, but still...

Question: if all those are great ideas, why aren't you working on them now or over the last 3 years?

Now granted, I know most of this is just telling the misinformed voter what they want to hear, but still...
Probably because a lot of stuff that presidential candidates say that they are going to do actually takes congress to pass bills for their agendas. They can do executive orders but they can be challenged in courts or reversed by the next administration.

Probably because a lot of stuff that presidential candidates say that they are going to do actually takes congress to pass bills for their agendas. They can do executive orders but they can be challenged in courts or reversed by the next administration.
I realize that, but I think it's more likely she's just saying what sounds good.
For example, she recently said something about closing the border and lowering inflation.
Well, duh....Why are you thinking those are problems now?

Again, maybe because she's not willing to have any open press conferences for fear of being asked these questions, but this seems like some extreme pandering.

I realize that, but I think it's more likely she's just saying what sounds good.
For example, she recently said something about closing the border and lowering inflation.

Again, maybe because she's not willing to have any open press conferences for fear of being asked these questions, but this seems like some extreme pandering.
A politician that says what sounds good. Nawww!. Say it so, Joe.

Harris is not having open press conferences because she doesn't have to. Her popularity is at an all time high now.

It's funny, we can argue whether or not Harris needs to have open press conferences. But the opposite is true. Perhaps Chump does not need to have any more open outings. He steps on his tally whacker each time. Instead of talking about the border and inflation, he is now making fun of Harris' laugh or doom and gloom. That is y'alls job to do.

Reactions: SKYDOG

Harris is not having open press conferences because she doesn't have to. Her popularity is at an all time high now.

It's funny, we can argue whether or not Harris needs to have open press conferences. But the opposite is true. Perhaps Chump does not need to have any more open outings. He steps on his tally whacker each time. Instead of talking about the border and inflation, he is now making fun of Harris' laugh or doom and gloom. That is y'alls job to do.
I agree that Trump needs to move on from the personal attacks and stick to policy position or what's she actually said/done. The MAGA crowd doesn't need red meat, he's got their vote. He now has to get the suburban swing state vote by focusing on the economy, inflation, immigration, etc.

You mean like when Trump said yesterday he would cut all energy costs by half right away if he’s elected? You mean pandering like that? And especially when he had four years to do it the first time around? Wait until you learn how presidential campaigns work, bone. Your mind will be blown! But that would require you to stand down from guarding the lady’s room and checking genitals for a little bit.

I agree that Trump needs to move on from the personal attacks and stick to policy position or what's she actually said/done. The MAGA crowd doesn't need red meat, he's got their vote. He now has to get the suburban swing state vote by focusing on the economy, inflation, immigration, etc.
That is why the repubs should have put Chump out to the pasture after 2020 and forget about him forever. The man is evil and toxic. Even back in 2016, had the repubs had a normal Republican as president they may have won in 2020. I think a lot people voted against Chump than for Biden.

Y'all keep saying that Obama and now BidenHarris divisive for the US. Are you kidding me. There is absolutely no one more divisive than Chump. I keep telling y’all a Republican ticket that I at least consider, but I get beat up. Y’all say that they are RINOs and what not.

Chump is not going to focus on the economy, inflation, and immigration for the swing voters. He didn’t care about the swing voters. He only cares about the Flavor Aiders that make him feel good about himself. That’s why he has always been fixated about his crowd size and now the crowd size of Harris. He did not get a bump in the polls after the assassin attempt. Nor did he get a bump after the RNC like candidates normally do.

During next weeks DNC, it’s going to take Harris to stub her toe badly to stop the momentum they have now. She is narrowing the gap and surpassing in other polls in swing states as it is. If Harris gets another bump after the DNC it may be a wrap.

Then you have the 2 up coming debates in September. Again Chump being Chump, he’ll find a way to screw those debates up. He performed badly in the Biden debate.

All true! Those that will vote for Trump already know those things he wants to do and know he will do them if at all possible in spite of any blunt honesty on Kamala and Waltz. The information has been there for some time for independents and such to have an understanding on what Trump want's to do with a belief that he is sincere on those things. With Harris/Waltz it is blind faith that they will be moderates at all or have a history of success in running a business or understanding personal money spending instead of using the taxpayers money.

The real problem is the media running cover for Harris and Waltz and not digging into their extreme positions of actions as well as intentions creating the possibility of people not knowing. Then when Trump gets brutally honest, they have something they can talk about instead of the void they leave with the Harris/Waltz agenda

Reactions: Indy_Rider
You mean like when Trump said yesterday he would cut all energy costs by half right away if he’s elected? You mean pandering like that? And especially when he had four years to do it the first time around? Wait until you learn how presidential campaigns work, bone. Your mind will be blown! But that would require you to stand down from guarding the lady’s room and checking genitals for a little bit.
What were energy/gas prices under Trump?

What are they under Biden?

Do you think that's just coincidence?

The dem green policies and increased regulation are detrimental to the energy sector and result in higher prices. Trump will eliminate those regulations, allow more drilling, etc.
He'll do what he says.

What were energy/gas prices under Trump?

What are they under Biden?

Do you think that's just coincidence?

The dem green policies and increased regulation are detrimental to the energy sector and result in higher prices. Trump will eliminate those regulations, allow more drilling, etc.
He'll do what he says.
Oh did someone get called out and try to pivot? Come on, bone, MAN UP as you say and own your hypocrisy.

Bedpan Joe wouldn't let her do anything. After all, she was in charge of our Southern and Northern borders and that took all her time. And it's so hard deciding which day you're Indian or Black.

Reactions: bonefish1

Perhaps we should refer to her as Kammi Toe since you keep degrading President Trump. Is that okay wid ya'?
And that popularity bubble is about to bust wide open bigly.

Not Bone. but I remember paying a buck sixty per gallon when DJT was in office. Then came Bedpan Joe and Kammi and blew it all up.

Not Bone. but I remember paying a buck sixty per gallon when DJT was in office. Then came Bedpan Joe and Kammi and blew it all up.
And what was going on when gas was $1.60, twin? Yes, let’s just have another global pandemic to bring gas prices back down. 🙄

And what was going on when gas was $1.60, twin? Yes, let’s just have another global pandemic to bring gas prices back down. 🙄
In reality, prices were decreasing under Trump/Pence before the pandemic. I probably drove more during the pandemic than before or after as did many others. And what happened to the price of petrol the first day of Biden/Harris' executive orders to stop drilling and later begging Venezuela and the Saudi's to pump more.

In reality, prices were decreasing under Trump/Pence before the pandemic. I probably drove more during the pandemic than before or after as did many others. And what happened to the price of petrol the first day of Biden/Harris' executive orders to stop drilling and later begging Venezuela and the Saudi's to pump more.
When was gas $1.60, twin?

Just an FYI, because I want to make sure this doesn’t get glossed over….. he was asked about the personal attacks at his “economic press conference “ tonight and said he thinks he’s entitled to keep using personal attacks against her. Not quite sure about how that’s gonna sit with the suburban swing voters but just wanted to get that on record.

I did, however, get a kick out of the irony of him talking about inflation from his members only, super expensive golf course. I know that will be lost on the majority here, but he steamrolled irony but good.

Perhaps we should refer to her as Kammi Toe since you keep degrading President Trump. Is that okay wid ya'?
And that popularity bubble is about to bust wide open bigly.
Knock yourself out. You are a little late to the party, though. In this forum, she’s been called Kammi Toe and a whore for years. That ain’t nothin new.

Knock yourself out. You are a little late to the party, though. In this forum, she’s been called Kammi Toe and a whore for years. That ain’t nothin new.
So do two wrongs make it right? While I don't like her views on the government being your master in all things, for making the government central in everyone's life, and creating a government that eliminates most of your freedoms, and above all, her lack of experience in the real world to deal with the Putin's, and her constant flipping, I cringe when I see you constantly refer to a former...and hopefully future president as Chump.

Actually, that is almost obtainable to do as a lot of the cost increase has been driven by stricter energy regulations imposed under Biden/Harris. So cut those and go back to standards 4 years ago should reduce energy cost. Then to help keep them down, need to invest in structural improvements such as nuclear energy instead of the zero gain, pie and the sky solar and wind that they've been trying to push.

When you are pushing equipment that's life expectancy is less than it's ROI, you have two ways to fix it, you either have to increase the life expectancy or increase the cost of energy to shorten the ROI period, so that's another big issue with our energy infrastructure that is driving cost.

Actually, that is almost obtainable to do as a lot of the cost increase has been driven by stricter energy regulations imposed under Biden/Harris. So cut those and go back to standards 4 years ago should reduce energy cost. Then to help keep them down, need to invest in structural improvements such as nuclear energy instead of the zero gain, pie and the sky solar and wind that they've been trying to push.

When you are pushing equipment that's life expectancy is less than it's ROI, you have two ways to fix it, you either have to increase the life expectancy or increase the cost of energy to shorten the ROI period, so that's another big issue with our energy infrastructure that is driving cost.
I mean solar and wind are methods of generating energy so I’m not sure how they’re “pie in the sky”.

Your statement, though, doesn’t negate my point. Pandering happens all the way around. Not just one side.

I mean solar and wind are methods of generating energy so I’m not sure how they’re “pie in the sky”.

Your statement, though, doesn’t negate my point. Pandering happens all the way around. Not just one side.
Cost standpoint, they cost more than the energy they generate at this point still. That's why it's a pie in the sky idea still because they operate at a net loss, you also have some reliability issues with down time too. Energy supply has to be able to meet demands at pretty much all times or you have an issue.

And yes, pandering happens, but just saying there are things that can be done to reduce energy cost from day one, but still need a long-term approach then to maintain the cost reduction.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Cost standpoint, they cost more than the energy they generate at this point still. That's why it's a pie in the sky idea still because they operate at a net loss, you also have some reliability issues with down time too. Energy supply has to be able to meet demands at pretty much all times or you have an issue.

And yes, pandering happens, but just saying there are things that can be done to reduce energy cost from day one, but still need a long-term approach then to maintain the cost reduction.
Agreed. As technology progresses in those areas, the ROI should improve. Lots of downtime with things like coal plants etc as well so it’s all fluid and evolving.

What you're trying to say is wrong as you present an averaging of coast-to-coast pricing. which includes states such as California, Massachusetts, NY, etc. Overall, it was much lower.
You just said "you're presenting data about the overall prices but I'm talking about the OVERALL prices."

The specific averages don't matter here, it's the change in them. You said prices were "coming down," but it appears that they were basically steady with typical seasonal fluctuations during Trump's presidency. But they were definitely higher in the last couple months before the pandemic than when he started. So, there's no way to spin it such that your original statement was true.

You just said "you're presenting data about the overall prices but I'm talking about the OVERALL prices."

The specific averages don't matter here, it's the change in them. You said prices were "coming down," but it appears that they were basically steady with typical seasonal fluctuations during Trump's presidency. But they were definitely higher in the last couple months before the pandemic than when he started. So, there's no way to spin it such that your original statement was true.
Have you been savoring your Crow/Harris greatest hits mix again, JM?

I'm baffled by the Tim Walz time line. He enlisted in the Guard in 1991. In 1995, he was arrested for doing 96 in a 55, claiming "deafness" instead of drunken driving for speeding. As a former VA audiologist, I know of no hearing loss that causes one to speed 40 mph over the posted limit. Perhaps he should have claimed blindness. Further, I can't comprehend how a person with such severe/profound hearing loss was allowed to serve for ten more years without medically treating the condition. Perhaps, as Sheldon Cooper would say, the arresting policeman should have stood far away because Ole Timmy's pants were definitely on fire.

I'm baffled by the Tim Walz time line. He enlisted in the Guard in 1991. In 1995, he was arrested for doing 96 in a 55, claiming "deafness" instead of drunken driving for speeding. As a former VA audiologist, I know of no hearing loss that causes one to speed 40 mph over the posted limit. Perhaps he should have claimed blindness. Further, I can't comprehend how a person with such severe/profound hearing loss was allowed to serve for ten more years without medically treating the condition. Perhaps, as Sheldon Cooper would say, the arresting policeman should have stood far away because Ole Timmy's pants were definitely on fire.
Logic will not pull a lib your way.

Reactions: Riveting
Logic will not pull a lib your way.
But at the same time, because they are extra sensitive, we have to be careful not to gang up on them and their naive ideas or they will say bad things about us on the hoops forum.

But at the same time, because they are extra sensitive, we have to be careful not to gang up on them and their naive ideas or they will say bad things about us on the hoops forum.
Keep riding that pony, buddy! I’m sure one of the guys will eventually hop on to your defense.

If you go back and look at posts from them you will find many attack the person rather than the comments. Although I disagree with BNI on much, he normally doesn't go this route. I think I posted in this site (I post in a few places) Jordan Peterson's comparison on humanity and zebras. It shows how people try to get inside the herd for protection. There are posts in here at times I just shake my head in disbelief although not much different than some posts in other forums where I may shake my head in disbelief, but I don't seek peer acceptance by going to a different site and complaining about the site I continually return.

It is amazing the number of people that seek out words that defy reality to regurgitate those words others have used as their means of understanding. There is enough data to form a pretty solid opinion of reality of the past. Yet we know some people continue to use CNN as an example even though the promotion of the Russian Collusion was a known hoax and they too return to that site. We know it supplied questions to Hillary in 2016, but people reference that site to provide what they need to know. Or let's grab a link knowing fully aware that high tech has and does censor thought and yet that too provides the information used as though we didn't believe they desire to censor opposition.

If I see a man holding a hand within an inch over a fire burning candle, I know it is hot. It doesn't matter if someone says it is not. Then there are those that actually have their hand in the fire and know it is hot...without any outside opinion. You would think at some point reality would weigh much more than words, but who knows what some "feel" between blunt honesty and reality?

Reactions: Riveting
Oh did someone get called out and try to pivot? Come on, bone, MAN UP as you say and own your hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy?

You don't think Trump would eliminate regulations, increase drilling, increase oil production, etc?
He's already proven to do it once, why wouldn't he do it again?

Harris on the other hand, is 100% pandering. She'll tell a crowd in PA one thing, then say the exact opposite to a crowd in CA.

You mean that pandemic that was 4 years ago? You going to hang onto using covid as an excuse for everything like BNI hangs onto slavery?
Eventually, you have to realize that covid isn't the problem any longer.

Just an FYI, because I want to make sure this doesn’t get glossed over….. he was asked about the personal attacks at his “economic press conference “ tonight and said he thinks he’s entitled to keep using personal attacks against her. Not quite sure about how that’s gonna sit with the suburban swing voters but just wanted to get that on record.

I did, however, get a kick out of the irony of him talking about inflation from his members only, super expensive golf course. I know that will be lost on the majority here, but he steamrolled irony but good.
So, you're mad Trump does well financially and can afford to own or play at a private club? Don't begrudge someone for being successful.

That sounds like the dem lefty lib climate change whiners who fly around in private jets.

I could give 2 craps about solar and wind energy. They're expensive, not overly reliable and as we've seen with Sleepy Joe, his $6B investment in electric car charges stations has produced a grand total of how many???? Care to guess ?

I could give 2 craps about solar and wind energy. They're expensive, not overly reliable and as we've seen with Sleepy Joe, his $6B investment in electric car charges stations has produced a grand total of how many???? Care to guess ?
You don’t? Why I’m shocked that the same guy who melts down that gas doesn’t cost what it did during a pandemic and has to pay more for his gas guzzling truck and boat doesn’t care about alternative energy methods. Just shocked! Good to know we can build the next coal plant in your backyard, bone!

You don’t? Why I’m shocked that the same guy who melts down that gas doesn’t cost what it did during a pandemic and has to pay more for his gas guzzling truck and boat doesn’t care about alternative energy methods. Just shocked! Good to know we can build the next coal plant in your backyard, bone!
Do you ride a bike to work?
Do you ever fly on a plane?
Do you have hot water in your house? How about heat in the winter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT