ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana All Stars

Disappointing, as almost every Purdue kid named to the squad enrolls for summer session but is still able to manage to do both.

Wonder if part of it is being upset he lost the award after seeming like the runaway favorite much of the season, or just being here for only 2 years it isn't as big a deal for him as the guys who've grown up around the tradition.

Kaufman-Renn suffered an injury last year that seemed to set him back quite a bit over the late summer and Loyer obviously needs to hit the weight room, so I suppose I get it.

Hell, it will be interesting to see just how much Smith can do given he is rehabbing from an injury currently.

Disappointing, as almost every Purdue kid named to the squad enrolls for summer session but is still able to manage to do both.

Wonder if part of it is being upset he lost the award after seeming like the runaway favorite much of the season, or just being here for only 2 years it isn't as big a deal for him as the guys who've grown up around the tradition.

Kaufman-Renn suffered an injury last year that seemed to set him back quite a bit over the late summer and Loyer obviously needs to hit the weight room, so I suppose I get it.

Hell, it will be interesting to see just how much Smith can do given he is rehabbing from an injury currently.
Doubt if Smith will be able to play in All Star games as he is in boot now. Also these games have lost a lot of luster as KY's teams have been awful for last 5 years or so- Indiana have won a bunch in a row.

Reactions: Schnelk
Doubt if Smith will be able to play in All Star games as he is in boot now. Also these games have lost a lot of luster as KY's teams have been awful for last 5 years or so- Indiana have won a bunch in a row.
Sure the games could be better if KY was better, but they are still a fun watch. When Kentucky does manage to split the series (or far less often SWEEP the series), people whine and moan that Indiana never should lose given they are so much more talented.

Realistically the junior senior scrimmages are often more entertaining because they are ALL Indiana kids and the kids seem to often take those games a little more personally. Of course the seniors tend to dominate those too as the juniors are generally at a pretty big disadvantage (in the past they generally had a core group and regional additions that had to be challenging to chemistry, but a bigger issue is that the juniors get a fraction of the practice time and are often a bit more worn down/dinged up from summer AAU).

I just find it hilarious how often people who don't care, feel the need to jump in and point out that we should just get rid of these games. Every year 3,000-8,000 people show up to watch them and the kids who play in them generally seem to care about them a great deal.

If we are getting to cancel crap we don't care about on the basis that we simply aren't interested in it, then I am going to be thrilled to have a month of May free of hearing about the damn Indy 500. That thing hasn't been relevant for several decades. Of course a few hundred thousand people would argue with that and a ton of people have their livelihoods wrapped up in it, but they better just find something else to do, because I'm over it. Move on, get off my sports radio, get out of my newspaper, and don't back up traffic when I drive over to the west side of Indy forgetting that the damn stupid race is that day.

Biggie won Mr. Basketball and if I remember correctly he chose not to play in the games. I’m sure we’ll eventually hear the reason why Fletcher declined but he could of made his mind up weeks ago so he could show up to Purdue healthy. Remember TKR got injured in this game last year and showed up at Purdue injured.

I agree with the poster who said he liked to watch the senior IN all-stars play the junior IN all-stars. I went last year and watch the seniors play the juniors. I really enjoyed the game.

It's always intriguing to see how players' decisions impact team dynamics. Loyer's choice to decline the invitation might stem from his eagerness to join Purdue's basketball journey. While it would've been a treat to witness him and Braden playing together, individual paths often shape exciting outcomes.

On a different note, have you come across Bethany Joy Lenz's revelation about her experience in a cult? It's a powerful reminder that cults can be quite detrimental. Exploring real-life stories like this serves as a cautionary tale and emphasizes that cults are bad news.

It's fascinating how choices and experiences intersect, both in the world of basketball and in broader life narratives.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT