ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo to Indiana

Rice was a first team All PAC 10 player on a team that won a tourney game. He’s better than X, I’m not a IU fan by any stretch, so far they’ve bought 2 good players from the portal, I imagine they’ll get a shooter next. I will say this, not sure how Ballo and Reneau will function together next year.

Are they preseason #1 in B10 yet?
It's coming....you know it is.

Last edited:
There’s a very easy way for the NCAA to get this crap under control, implement a rule that programs can only bring in one D1 transfer per year, with the exception of JuCo players. Any team bringing in more than 1 is ineligible for any post season tournaments, conference included. This would make many of the players think twice before transferring, but wouldn’t prevent anyone, so no lawsuits should be file.

I think Painter’s old school philosophy of building a team with recruits will serve us well in this new NIL BS era. Bringing in one or two guys to fill in a void with a solid team who has been together from day 1 is the way to go. Many examples of trying to make a team of misfit toys not working - buying an entire new team won’t work or at least won’t work often. There will be exceptions of course but bringing in 6 solid freshman for the future - even if you lose one or two to the League or the portal - is the way to go in my opinion

Didn't that get flushed some time ago?
1 never made it to campus, 4 technically won a B1G title their freshman season, 3 transferred after that.. one lead them to another B1G title and finished his career as IUs all time assist leader and Top 15 in the B1G all time. Along with 7th all-time in scoring at IU. Yogi was really the movement.

1 never made it to campus, 4 technically won a B1G title their freshman season, 3 transferred after that.. one lead them to another B1G title and finished his career as IUs all time assist leader and Top 15 in the B1G all time. Along with 7th all-time in scoring at IU. Yogi was really the movement.
Ahhh the good ol days

There’s a very easy way for the NCAA to get this crap under control, implement a rule that programs can only bring in one D1 transfer per year, with the exception of JuCo players. Any team bringing in more than 1 is ineligible for any post season tournaments, conference included. This would make many of the players think twice before transferring, but wouldn’t prevent anyone, so no lawsuits should be file.

Love that idea for basketball.

Wonder how you would change it for football or other sports?

Sounds great, except for in the courtroom, the NCAA has the longest losing streak since the Washington Generals…

Is it confusing to you that you’ve never won a title? Let’s talk final fours. How many wins in the final fours? How many banners? Oh yeah you guys avoid facts that matter!

None of you will ever see a title in your lifetime!
Yeah forgetting the first two with Purdue and focusing on the last three there was only one time with 64 teams and that was open to personal bias since there was no check and balance provided by a computer. Instead the teams, places to play, and route to get there were ALL handpicked and no doubt influenced by potential money generated.

That team ...the 87 team is celebrated by IU and yet THAT team lost to Purdue by the same amount that won against Purdue earlier...and Purdue people don't go around saying Purdue split with IU by the same amount in 87...because as history has shown...splitting with IU is not the desired consequence. It is only when IU has a different route, doesn't play Purdue and can't do as well as Purdue within the same league that IU has success. Matter of fact the most recent time I'm aware that a similar route between IU and Purdue was in 1980 and as Purdue again beat IU and got that route paved for IU.

Today, there will be no IU team, but a team of mercenaries recruited for playing the game with no allegiance to IU and only there for a paycheck. IU no longer has a student athlete perception. What Knight tried to do with student athletes is no longer a consideration. Obviously there must be some egos that need stoked...the same egos that keep sewing together all the holes in the hand picked banners eaten by moths.

Last edited:
1.2 million evidently and he will not be the best C in the B1G! Golden (likely Michigan) will be better, Bradshaw at Ohio St possibly better, TKR will be better…

Just came across a iu podcast with headline that Ballo makes them a Wait for it…
A top 5 team! Bahahahahaha

1.2 million evidently and he will not be the best C in the B1G! Golden (likely Michigan) will be better, Bradshaw at Ohio St possibly better, TKR will be better…
Ballo had 13 and 6 against Purdue in Indy with better guards. Ware had 11 and 8 then 5 and 6.

I'll give Ballo his flowers. He's better than, and definitely more proven commodity than those listed.

The biggest shock to me for the 1.2 million amount is the roster fit. Why pay a guy that much that can only score from 2 feet in when your best returning player (Reneau) needs room to work in the paint? Playing Reneau and Ware together had it's flaws, and now you are replacing a stretch 5 in Ware with a guy who can't dribble or shoot.

I'll give Ballo his flowers. He's better than, and definitely more proven commodity than those listed.

The biggest shock to me for the 1.2 million amount is the roster fit. Why pay a guy that much that can only score from 2 feet in when your best returning player (Reneau) needs room to work in the paint? Playing Reneau and Ware together had it's flaws, and now you are replacing a stretch 5 in Ware with a guy who can't dribble or shoot.
They could have had Payne from Minny who is practically the same player for much cheaper. Better stats as a sophomore than Ballo as a sophomore. 3 inches shorter but kid was showing a ton of improvement and is pretty athletic/decent rim protector

Reactions: Heads up BOILER

I am not sure he is better than Goldin
PTS 15.7; REB 6.9; AST 0.7; FG% 67.3 3rd in nation

I will put TKR’s game and efficiency up against him next year for sure.

I think Bradshaw likely has a higher ceiling but unsure he will reach it?

They could have had Payne from Minny who is practically the same player for much cheaper. Better stats as a sophomore than Ballo as a sophomore. 3 inches shorter but kid was showing a ton of improvement and is pretty athletic/decent rim protector
I agree 💯. I think Payne will be a decent center for someone the next couple years, especially if he keeps improving. For some reason I can see him landing at one of the Michigan schools.

I agree 💯. I think Payne will be a decent center for someone the next couple years, especially if he keeps improving. For some reason I can see him landing at one of the Michigan schools.
Payne is quicker and faster up and down the floor. Ballo eats up more space but is not as explosive or quick off his feet. Payne has better drop step due to his quickness.

NCAA must be represented by the law firm of Dewey Luzigan and Howe.
No, it's a loser case. The freedom of students to engage in basic old acts of capitalism outweighs the "right" of the NCAA to restrict that ability.

The NCAA could have solved this 20 years ago. They could have cut student athletes in on a piece of the pie. With stipends. They could have relaxed transfer rules at least a little bit. They could have worked with them to keep the pressure bubble from blowing up.

Instead they took a super hard line stance.
And now they are reaping that decision in spades.

Reactions: Dryfly88
Have seen Nebraska Iowa state and SDSU had been tampering during the season and trying to recruit him. Not sure how valid that is but wouldn’t surprise me

No, it's a loser case. The freedom of students to engage in basic old acts of capitalism outweighs the "right" of the NCAA to restrict that ability.

The NCAA could have solved this 20 years ago. They could have cut student athletes in on a piece of the pie. With stipends. They could have relaxed transfer rules at least a little bit. They could have worked with them to keep the pressure bubble from blowing up.

Instead they took a super hard line stance.
And now they are reaping that decision in spades.
They certainly have a knack for creating loser cases.

Next up:
28d591e6-8f39-4a8e-93f2-4a521b6c8fde_38214677.jpg

Reactions: BBG and bonefish1
I liked Payne, but maybe the lights were too bright for him like Trey

You know how I know you’re scared? I am once again owning your board. Everyone wants to reply to me! This is such an easy game with you guys.

Alright Dr. A.H. Wolbgib, the jig is up -- we now know it's you!
The most appropriate username that you should've used: "BrainlessBozo"... of course everyone here would have known immediately who it really was. 🤡

Maybe or Payne wasn’t a big enough splash 👀👀🤔

You think the IU offer to Payne was rescinded due to the Ballo commitment?

If Payne wants the 3 to 5 hundred thousand next season, I believe it's there for him from IU.

He's likely shopping for a starter role at similar to more money.

Reactions: Vern Pain
As an IU fan, I see next year as a win-win. We’ll either be good, or we’ll be looking for a new coach. Rice was the PAC 12 FOY, Tucker is a McD’s AA, Mgbako was the B1G FOY, Reneau is coming off a 15/6 sophomore season, and Ballo averaged a double-double for a top 10 program. Jakai Newton will be healthy and has a high ceiling, and the bench has experience. If Davis can’t compete for a conference title with that roster, he may as well pack his bags.

Reactions: z_one and Mr.Hoop
As an IU fan, I see next year as a win-win. We’ll either be good, or we’ll be looking for a new coach. Rice was the PAC 12 FOY, Tucker is a McD’s AA, Mgbako was the B1G FOY, Reneau is coming off a 15/6 sophomore season, and Ballo averaged a double-double for a top 10 program. Jakai Newton will be healthy and has a high ceiling, and the bench has experience. If Davis can’t compete for a conference title with that roster, he may as well pack his bags.
Was “Davis” a telling slip lol. Yah Woody has had plenty of talent in his 3 years but they’ve underachieved! Not sure ballo is a great fit as far as roster makeup. Ware seems like he was a better fit but I’m sure Ballo will be a load underneath. Woody seems to struggle with roster makeup, lineup usage and motivation and development of players. Maybe he turns it around, we’ll see. You need a couple of 3 point shooters and it seems he's not made that a priority.

Need some shooters up in that system and not sure Newton is ever going to be the same after those surgeries. If anything, it’ll take at least a year for him to get up to the speed of the game.

Can woody actually buy a team and get that team to win actually win something worthwhile? He’s compiling tons of 5 stars (Tucker, Ballo (at least was at one point prior to college, Reneau (was one at one point) and Mgbako).

You think the IU offer to Payne was rescinded due to the Ballo commitment?

If Payne wants the 3 to 5 hundred thousand next season, I believe it's there for him from IU.

He's likely shopping for a starter role at similar to more money.
Well well well, looks who’s finally back after the season is over 😂

Other teams have been in Paynes ear since mid season. He def was lookin for more money and not sure IU really wanted him. Probably used him to leverage Ballo. Maybe woody changes his offense but if not, Ballo and Reneau clog the lane for one another and not sure how that’ll work. But guess we will see. At least they added Ballo to rebound all those misses from the others

Was “Davis” a telling slip lol. Yah Woody has had plenty of talent in his 3 years but they’ve underachieved! Not sure ballo is a great fit as far as roster makeup. Ware seems like he was a better fit but I’m sure Ballo will be a load underneath. Woody seems to struggle with roster makeup, lineup usage and motivation and development of players. Maybe he turns it around, we’ll see. You need a couple of 3 point shooters and it seems he's not made that a priority.

Haha yeah I’m not sure why I was thinking Davis. It’s been a long week. I’m interested to see what he does because the team he’s assembling now more closely resembles what most IU fans expected to see when he got there. I never thought he’d have them playing through the post to the extent he has and this roster is shaping up to have more of a guard/wing centric style of play.

Haha yeah I’m not sure why I was thinking Davis. It’s been a long week. I’m interested to see what he does because the team he’s assembling now more closely resembles what most IU fans expected to see when he got there. I never thought he’d have them playing through the post to the extent he has and this roster is shaping up to have more of a guard/wing centric style of play.
I’m confused, Ballo and Reneau are mostly post contributors, and I don’t see where he’s picked up any high percentage shooters from the perimeter. I don’t know anything about the freshman coming in, maybe he’s got a strong perimeter game?

I’m confused, Ballo and Reneau are mostly post contributors, and I don’t see where he’s picked up any high percentage shooters from the perimeter. I don’t know anything about the freshman coming in, maybe he’s got a strong perimeter game?
Nah that kid also isn’t known for being a shooter. They haven’t addressed that situation yet…maybe they will still. But Ballo is less skilled than edey, not any quicker, can’t guard the PnR, won’t draw his defender out…so he clogs the lane for Reneau who also doesn’t have an outside game (obviously he could develop one). Both are awful FT shooters as well. Then the rest of the guys don’t shoot very well so 🤷‍♂️

Maybe Woodson changes things up on offense?

Guard/wing centric? None of those guys can shoot.

He has the most talent on a roster in his 4 years so if they don’t compete for a conference championship and make it to the E8, there’s no way he’s still around correct?

Side note, Cupps, Galloway and Leal all were thought as heroes for staying at IU…and now they’ve been recruited over and will see less mins, to guards who will be hitting the portal next year.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT