ADVERTISEMENT

In my 40 years as a Purdue fan, this is the worst football I've ever seen.

Hazell teams were not worse than this- maybe on par... but it has been established over and over that the makeup of this roster was not very conducive to having a very strong team this year. We should see improvement next season.

I watched it all. This is worse.
I think the thing that makes this worse is the expectations and hype coming into season with Moore, the talented freshmen and Brohm turning down Louisville . Even with the injuries I expected better than this. I do think the future is bright as our young guys are really good and another good class coming but this has been a bad year.

Ugly game for sure. We need to relax because we are young and transitioning to the way Brohm wants to play. We also, have missing All B1G players that are injured. Once this year is over and our young players have had time to grow. We can solidify if he can coach or it's just hype but untill then relax.

Reactions: indyogb
Brohm is bringing in good recruits but hasn't shown he is a good coach on the field yet.
He/we are fine. I’m not a “wait until next year“ kind of guy. But let’s face it, this is a year to get out ‘the stuff’ that freshman and redshirt freshman have to get out of their system. Everything will be fine next year and the year after of the year after that and the year after that. Either believe in CJB and the system or buckle up it will be a bumpy ride because he’s under contract for a long time. I trust in the system Purdue has put together

What makes this most disappointing is the expectations coming into the season. I am going to make an excuse here and lay some of this blame on the injury bug.
It would be wise to " lay some blame ", I agree
If all Purdue fans had a list of EVERY game that EVERY player on the roster would miss due to injury,..... BEFORE the season began...
We all would have it at 2-6 or 3-5, at this point, wouldn't we ??

He/we are fine. I’m not a “wait until next year“ kind of guy. But let’s face it, this is a year to get out ‘the stuff’ that freshman and redshirt freshman have to get out of their system. Everything will be fine next year and the year after of the year after that and the year after that. Either believe in CJB and the system or buckle up it will be a bumpy ride because he’s under contract for a long time. I trust in the system Purdue has put together
Seems like a lose-lose situation to me.

What makes this most disappointing is the expectations coming into the season. I am going to make an excuse here and lay some of this blame on the injury bug.
Most publications predicted Purdue to finish between fourth and sixth in the West. That was before all the injuries.

How would you like to be a Nebraska fan? They were picked to win the West. They are bad. Not that we aren’t - but they have to feel like crap too. Or Northwestern.

I think the thing that makes this worse is the expectations and hype coming into season with Moore, the talented freshmen and Brohm turning down Louisville . Even with the injuries I expected better than this. I do think the future is bright as our young guys are really good and another good class coming but this has been a bad year.
Brohm turning down Lville might be the biggest reason.

How would you like to be a Nebraska fan? They were picked to win the West. They are bad. Not that we aren’t - but they have to feel like crap too. Or Northwestern.

The Auburn beating we took last year sticks out in my mind as the worst...we were dominated from the start. Line play, as usual, was one, if not the main cause of the humiliating defeat. Not to beat a dead horse but we lost the Nevada game this year since we had no run game to run the clock and keep our razor thin defense off the field. We needed a running game yesterday due to the weather, among other things. Iowa same problems. Three wins we might have had if we could run the ball!

The Auburn beating we took last year sticks out in my mind as the worst...we were dominated from the start. Line play, as usual, was one, if not the main cause of the humiliating defeat. Not to beat a dead horse but we lost the Nevada game this year since we had no run game to run the clock and keep our razor thin defense off the field. We needed a running game yesterday due to the weather, among other things. Iowa same problems. Three wins we might have had if we could run the ball!
We lost the Nevada game for one simple reason: Turnovers.
Purdue - 5 turnovers
Nevada - 0 turnovers

Even if we finish that game at minus-4 turnovers, we probably win.

And it's not close.
C’mon, man. Seriously, I hope you’ve fully recovered from whatever put you in a coma from 2012 - 2016.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Haze was definitely worse.
I'm not defending the Haze John, but right now it appears that PU has a great shot to finish 2-10 unless they sneak by NW or Nebraska. That is the same record Haze had his third season, and he was fired after a 3-3 start in his fourth.

Question...if the Boilers finish 2- 10 this season, and start at 3-3 next season, should Brohm also be fired?

Reactions: Boiler8285
I'm not defending the Haze John, but right now it appears that PU has a great shot to finish 2-10 unless they sneak by NW or Nebraska. That is the same record Haze had his third season, and he was fired after a 3-3 start in his fourth.

Question...if the Boilers finish 2- 10 this season, and start at 3-3 next season, should Brohm also be fired?
Can you legitimately look at the circumstances then and now and not see the difference? You’re either being intellectually dishonest or you’re just clueless.

Yes let's fire brohm, great idea. Even hazell got 4 years yet you're already suggesting firing a 3rd year coach that stomped out an urban meyer led osu team just last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT