ADVERTISEMENT

Immediate action required

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Can’t let this continue. You have to just make the move now and start your search. And you have to have a major change in the approach from the university. A big time financial commitment is necessary right now, or just forget about it. This program is in very serious trouble right now.

Can’t let this continue. You have to just make the move now and start your search. And you have to have a major change in the approach from the university. A big time financial commitment is necessary right now, or just forget about it. This program is in very serious trouble right now.
lol. Insert this post anytime in the last 16 years and it’s true.

What are we doing with all the big ten checks? Are we still investing it into the swimming team? I agree there needs to be a big financial commitment to winning.

Redshirting those freshmen has really paid off didn’t it. Yup, we wasted a year of their lives doing nothing but eating burgers . We have no strength and conditioning program. We also do nothing in that red shirt year to develop players either

Reactions: Boiler8285
Redshirting those freshmen has really paid off didn’t it. Yup, we wasted a year of their lives doing nothing but eating burgers . We have no strength and conditioning program. We also do nothing in that red shirt year to develop players either
You get hung up on strange things. Redshirting freshman has nothing to do with how we looked today or this year. Most programs redshirt most of their freshmen. We suck because we have the worst coach in all of college football right now and looks like he will be the worst in Purdue history.

I’m sure we are going to keep the coach till the end of the season. We just don’t have someone to take over and the fans will forget about it after BB season starts.

You can start the search without getting rid of the coach. Not sure firing mid season does anything but maybe make fans feel better for a couple of days.

You can start the search without getting rid of the coach. Not sure firing mid season does anything but maybe make fans feel better for a couple of days.
I would argue that firing a coach at least shows that you give a shit and recognize that what you are doing isn’t working. It doesn’t guarantee any kind of a turnaround but we have seen what this coach can do now.

Plus it allows you to openly start your search instead of tiptoeing around it.

What are we doing with all the big ten checks? Are we still investing it into the swimming team? I agree there needs to be a big financial commitment to winning.
You can’t buy players with the big ten money. And that’s on purpose by the way. The schools who always cheated were in perfect position. We need revenue sharing now.

We made a bad hire. Even with a good ones there wouldn’t be many big time athletes on this team.

You can’t buy players with the big ten money. And that’s on purpose by the way. The schools who always cheated were in perfect position. We need revenue sharing now.

We made a bad hire. Even with a good ones there wouldn’t be many big time athletes on this team.
I didn’t say buy players with big ten money, obviously that’s against the rules(for now).

I didn’t say buy players with big ten money, obviously that’s against the rules(for now).
But Purdue needs to buy players. Even without the nonsense this team does, every athlete out there for Wisconsin was as good as our best 5-6 guys.. I mean just watching them run. Devin Mockobee would actually get a free run lane and it would look like it took ten seconds for him to get 6-8 yards.

Purdue can hire whoever Purdue wants to hire.. they need to get competitive on that Level. Or today would have just been a more fundamentally sound 38-20 loss

You get hung up on strange things. Redshirting freshman has nothing to do with how we looked today or this year. Most programs redshirt most of their freshmen. We suck because we have the worst coach in all of college football right now and looks like he will be the worst in Purdue history.
My point is the players Purdue recruited. Were the same quality of players other teams have recruited. Wisconsin is not loaded with 4/5 star players. Purdue has a tradition of redshirting players. But Purdue does nothing to develop those players. Our third year players are no better today than they were when they first arrived! In the last 2-4 years, Purdue has recruited some decent players. But none have shown that they have elevated their game. Many of our players have regressed. Hartwig was good when he arrived! Moore’s best season was his freshman year.

What I’m saying is I see zero growth or development in our players. At other schools where players redshirt, they actually learn something and develop. All our redshirt freshmen seem to know is how to eat burgers and fries.

What I’m trying to say is I don’t see any development or progression of any of our players. The players who are good were good when they arrived. I see no semblance of coaching or teaching

Reactions: Boiler8285
My point is the players Purdue recruited. Were the same quality of players other teams have recruited. Wisconsin is not loaded with 4/5 star players. Purdue has a tradition of redshirting players. But Purdue does nothing to develop those players. Our third year players are no better today than they were when they first arrived! In the last 2-4 years, Purdue has recruited some decent players. But none have shown that they have elevated their game. Many of our players have regressed. Hartwig was good when he arrived! Moore’s best season was his freshman year.

What I’m saying is I see zero growth or development in our players. At other schools where players redshirt, they actually learn something and develop. All our redshirt freshmen seem to know is how to eat burgers and fries.

What I’m trying to say is I don’t see any development or progression of any of our players. The players who are good were good when they arrived. I see no semblance of coaching or teaching
Dude you’re tripping …
A lot of people are. Purdue has 5-6 players from Brohm’s classes who are athletic enough to play in the big ten. Of all the transfers Walters brought in plus recruits attributed to him you’re talking Heldt, Thienemann and that’s about it.

Take card. He’s not a big ten QB. If you put him on a team that’s so talented that guys are repeatedly open by 5 yards and he has all day, he can look good then.

Ask yourself this. Is card anywhere near as good as Peyton Ramsey?

That doesn’t mean Walters is good. But the next coach will need to have an infusion of “recruiting”

Strong words with the Hazell era still fresh in all our minds.

Worst ever. How many records are we going to set for worst losing margin? 2 already that come off the top of my mind. Notre Dame and now Wisconsin.

Reactions: pboiler18
184-44 in a month. Yikes! I'm not sure that either Haze or Akers ever had a 4-game streak that bad.

And, man, did they both witness some brutal beatdowns.
Whoa! Spoke too soon.

Haze bumbled through a a stretch of being outscored 169-31 over four games in 2013 beginning with a 55-24 loss to Northern Illinois on Sept 28 through a 56-0 mauling at the hands of OSU on Nov 2. That streak actuallu included a competitive 14-0 loss to MSU.

Reactions: pboiler18
I doubt he is worried about us. But amazing what a good coach can do quickly. They are already talking about him being a replacement for Napier at Florida. I hope our team doesn’t quit but now I wonder if they aren’t in harms way.

This is as bad a Purdue football team as I have seen in my lifetime. Agree if we want the appearance of actually trying to win football games we need to move now. To do this week after week sends the message we are fine with being the this bad.

Weren't you one of the original Walters cheerleaders? LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT