ADVERTISEMENT

This team is a slap in the face to our fans

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
This team is just an absolute slab in the face to the fans. With the number of season tickets sold and sell outs, you would think that we would and could put out a competitive team with the fan support shown.
This team would be lucky to be mid level in the MAC. We have a QB whose greatest strength is his legs. We never use it. Worst WR group in probably 8 to 10 years. They have no hands, cannot separate and never come back to help the QB. OL is better than last year. Enough said.
On defense, we let backups destroy our line and secondary. We put no pressure on the QB. We allowed almost 600 yards of offense today. Other teams find our holes, which are many, all the time. This is from a DC who is our head coach.
The team has quit on Walters. Don’t blame them with this coaching. We are an absolute joke of a team. Thank goodness for basketball season coming up. If you are a fan, our biggest holiday gift will be doing what everyone knows should happen, which is to fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and SKYDOG
This team is just an absolute slab in the face to the fans. With the number of season tickets sold and sell outs, you would think that we would and could put out a competitive team with the fan support shown.
This team would be lucky to be mid level in the MAC. We have a QB whose greatest strength is his legs. We never use it. Worst WR group in probably 8 to 10 years. They have no hands, cannot separate and never come back to help the QB. OL is better than last year. Enough said.
On defense, we let backups destroy our line and secondary. We put no pressure on the QB. We allowed almost 600 yards of offense today. Other teams find our holes, which are many, all the time. This is from a DC who is our head coach.
The team has quit on Walters. Don’t blame them with this coaching. We are an absolute joke of a team. Thank goodness for basketball season coming up. If you are a fan, our biggest holiday gift will be doing what everyone knows should happen, which is to fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch.
Totally agree! I am so out on this team after the ND game that hope they get hammered every game. I’ve been the biggest football fan since driving down for every home game since high school. Got Knot Hole end zone seats back then. Was a 90 minute drive each way. My wife can’t believe I’m so out on these guys. Well they’ve quit on me and I’ve quit on them. Never been this disgusted with Purdue football. I’ve seen a lot of bad teams. This one takes the cake.

Even with a better coach you’re going to have to have commitment from rich guys who care about sports. At least until revenue sharing kicks in. Right now they care about basketball and basketball.

If you think a coach is going to fix this (a better one will help), word last year was that every basketball player got what card got.

Even with a better coach you’re going to have to have commitment from rich guys who care about sports. At least until revenue sharing kicks in. Right now they care about basketball and basketball.

If you think a coach is going to fix this (a better one will help), word last year was that every basketball player got what card got.
The basketball players deserved it and earned it. Card no.

The basketball players deserved it and earned it. Card no.
Very true. However, when that’s the commitment level to football, even if we get a better coach than Walters, what do people expect?

If Purdue doesn’t get in the game they’ll have people saying they should take a reduced share (they won’t be the only ones). Eventually all those basketball fans may have a lot of TV money missing. And then they will ask how this happened

Bobo should be gone as well as walters today. Announce interim coach and get going on a guy who's won as a head coach who can bring his staff and get going quickly. That should be the plan. Walters seems like a good guy but is in way over his head. He was hired 10 years too early.

Bobo should be gone as well as walters today. Announce interim coach and get going on a guy who's won as a head coach who can bring his staff and get going quickly. That should be the plan. Walters seems like a good guy but is in way over his head. He was hired 10 years too early.
Until revenue sharing, Purdue will be relegated to JAG g5 head coaches

He should not have been hired at all! If he was the best possible candidate those looking must have been blind!

Very true. However, when that’s the commitment level to football, even if we get a better coach than Walters, what do people expect?

If Purdue doesn’t get in the game they’ll have people saying they should take a reduced share (they won’t be the only ones). Eventually all those basketball fans may have a lot of TV money missing. And then they will ask how this happened
They are still living in a pre NIL world. Fire all the coaches, get better ones and still go cheap on NIL and you're getting fairly minimal improvement.

Two points above I’d like highlight.

The statement that every basketball player received as much NIL money as Card did. Think about that statement! NIL is not the problem. The problem is how the AD wants to disperse that NIL money. i.e. OSU. May have a lot. More NIL money than Purdue has, but I guarantee you they divide up that money with a lot higher % going to their football players than Purdue does. It appears as if Purdue could have matched the NIL amounts of the players who left. However, the AD decided to apportion that money to other athletes other than football. Purdue’s football sucks because the AD would rather pump his NIL money into his basketball program!

Is that what I just read in that post above? Guys like Wadell made as much money as Card did? Was that statement factual?

So it’s not a matter of how much Purdue has to spend? But rather how they apportion that money? My guess is Wisconsin. Probably gives out more NIL money to hockey players than Purdue does. I wonder how much NIL Purdue’s divers receive? Purdue had 6 Olympic divers participating for the U.S. and a couple of other countries. Purdue also has a couple of transfer divers. Maybe that’s where Purdue’s football NIL money is going.

Different schools allocate their NIL money differently!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT