ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
So it seems like the University of Illinois is struggling with ticket sales this summer. I went to our game there last year. I got a text with a ticket offer a couple weeks ago. Then a direct email last week. I responded to the email explaining that I was a Purdue fan and that's why I went to the game last year and to take me off their list. Today, the SAME GUY called me.

So it seems like the University of Illinois is struggling with ticket sales this summer. I went to our game there last year. I got a text with a ticket offer a couple weeks ago. Then a direct email last week. I responded to the email explaining that I was a Purdue fan and that's why I went to the game last year and to take me off their list. Today, the SAME GUY called me.
Sure is nice to have an engaged fan base

Reactions: pboiler18

Point is it is trending well…have no idea what the total is…
The data is a bit incomplete to determine if it is trending well. “New” does not mean “more”. You can have 10,000 new season ticket holders, but if you lose 20,000 former season ticket holders, it’s not trending well.

Point is it is trending well…have no idea what the total is…
Ours as of the other day was 40,000 for example.

But then, incomplete info is allowed regarding Illinois right?

Hudson card is going to a new school! He must learn! … and the people who tell you that and also tell you Illinois will beat Purdue and finish hire than Purdue.. never seem to mention that luke Altmyer has thrown for 247 career yards and will also be a transfer. He threw 2 power 5 passes last year.

Ryan Walters is a new head coach! He must learn as he fails! This is a reason Illinois will beat Purdue and finish higher! … but Illinois DC was just the DB coach last year and has never been a DC.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Ours as of the other day was 40,000 for example.

But then, incomplete info is allowed regarding Illinois right?

Hudson card is going to a new school! He must learn! … and the people who tell you that and also tell you Illinois will beat Purdue and finish hire than Purdue.. never seem to mention that luke Altmyer has thrown for 247 career yards and will also be a transfer. He threw 2 power 5 passes last year.

Ryan Walters is a new head coach! He must learn as he fails! This is a reason Illinois will beat Purdue and finish higher! … but Illinois DC was just the DB coach last year and has never been a DC.
I thought you were talking about season tickets…..😂😂😂😂

Reactions: GolfHacker1
I thought you were talking about season tickets…..😂😂😂😂
It’s yet another time where incomplete info is acceptable on Illinois.

“We got 10,000 new tickets”

That could mean you have a 10,000 season tickets sold. But hey, Illinois had a good season last year, still finished behind Purdue and lost to Purdue. So they’ve obviously passed us as a program.. why? Cause their fans think they should lol.

It’s yet another time where incomplete info is acceptable on Illinois.

“We got 10,000 new tickets”

That could mean you have a 10,000 season tickets sold. But hey, Illinois had a good season last year, still finished behind Purdue and lost to Purdue. So they’ve obviously passed us as a program.. why? Cause their fans think they should lol.
Well, I don’t think Bielema would mention in it if he did not think things were trending in the right direction….not sure what this other incomplete information you speak of is about

Well, I don’t think Bielema would mention in it if he did not think things were trending in the right direction….not sure what this other incomplete information you speak of is about
Lots of incomplete info on Illinois .. when people do predictions and predict Illinois beating Purdue and finishing ahead of Purdue.. and their reason is turnover and a new head coach, maybe a new QB, the loss of chase brown and a new DC and secondary is relevant? I never see most of that come up and when I do, it’s brushed aside

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Lots of incomplete info on Illinois .. when people do predictions and predict Illinois beating Purdue and finishing ahead of Purdue.. and their reason is turnover and a new head coach, maybe a new QB, the loss of chase brown and a new DC and secondary is relevant? I never see most of that come up and when I do, it’s brushed aside
Whose predictions? The writers(garbage)? I don’t think most football people brush those issues aside…..they take them into account. There is probably very little separation in the west than NW.

Whose predictions? The writers(garbage)? I don’t think most football people brush those issues aside…..they take them into account. There is probably very little separation in the west than NW.
Just about any YouTube prediction including those by major publications

Like I said , not much separating teams in the west….Illinois probably one of the better teams on both lines than most west teams but they have their questions also
I will never take that defensive line away from Illinois. They are sick. Only a fool would disregard them there

The OL returns 3 starters from a Joe Moore award semi finalist…. They should be solid in the trenches
I don’t question any of that. My thing is.. it’s funny that people say Walters needs to learn, but if you look at their losses, the opponent was held to low point totals in every game.

I think if bielema was as good at his job as Walters was at his, Illinois would have been at least 10-2. Bielema’s offense is not hard to defend. Especially with Walters playing 2 DTs and a NT.

Still it will be a close game and by no means am I saying Illinois sucks. To me, Iowa is the class of the west, and there really isn’t anyone who has established themselves as second best

I don’t question any of that. My thing is.. it’s funny that people say Walters needs to learn, but if you look at their losses, the opponent was held to low point totals in every game.

I think if bielema was as good at his job as Walters was at his, Illinois would have been at least 10-2. Bielema’s offense is not hard to defend. Especially with Walters playing 2 DTs and a NT.

Still it will be a close game and by no means am I saying Illinois sucks. To me, Iowa is the class of the west, and there really isn’t anyone who has established themselves as second best
Bielema is a defensive coach. That is his background. Sure he has an offensive philosophy but his background is defense. The refs did illinois no favors in at least 3 of the losses …..but also while Lovie left some talent on defense the offensive side was absolutely bare other than chase brown…

FYI, I believe Illinois has about 35k season ticket holders, so about a 40% increase from last year. To get down to 25k season tickets really shows how disengaged the fan base had become under Lovie and Beckman … frankly amazed we’d still pull crowds over 45k every year, lol. Unfortunately, it’s a process to get fans to buy back in.

“Eh yo it’s Anthony from U of I !
How’s it going my man?”

FYI, I believe Illinois has about 35k season ticket holders, so about a 40% increase from last year. To get down to 25k season tickets really shows how disengaged the fan base had become under Lovie and Beckman … frankly amazed we’d still pull crowds over 45k every year, lol. Unfortunately, it’s a process to get fans to buy back in.
And I think that’s just where we differ.

I go back to brohm clowning lovie in 2019. During the game I was reading Illinois loyalty. As I’ve always encountered with Illinois fans, there seemed to be this disbelief that Purdue was winning like that. As though the natural order of the world said it should be the opposite. And if you guys were Michigan, I’d wholeheartedly agree. Except that Darrell hazell had just gone 2-1 against you, you’re 6-16 against Purdue since joe tiller was hired, and the last time you won more than 2 out of any 4 games, Jordan had just won his first championship.

And this is yet another example. When brohm had gone 7-6 in 2017, Pat Fitzgerald was already wow’d by the environment for the 2018 home opener. Where as, if Purdue football was Illinois football, brohm would have needed to have been leading the division in 2018 to start talking about buy-in in 2019.

And I think that’s just where we differ.

I go back to brohm clowning lovie in 2019. During the game I was reading Illinois loyalty. As I’ve always encountered with Illinois fans, there seemed to be this disbelief that Purdue was winning like that. As though the natural order of the world said it should be the opposite. And if you guys were Michigan, I’d wholeheartedly agree. Except that Darrell hazell had just gone 2-1 against you, you’re 6-16 against Purdue since joe tiller was hired, and the last time you won more than 2 out of any 4 games, Jordan had just won his first championship.

And this is yet another example. When brohm had gone 7-6 in 2017, Pat Fitzgerald was already wow’d by the environment for the 2018 home opener. Where as, if Purdue football was Illinois football, brohm would have needed to have been leading the division in 2018 to start talking about buy-in in 2019.
I’d forgotten that UI had a losing record against The Haze. Wow. Exclusive club.

I’d forgotten that UI had a losing record against The Haze. Wow. Exclusive club.
2 of his three big ten wins came against Illinois

Here are the FBS schools he had a better record against:

Nevada 1-0
Western Michigan 1-0

His only other win was a 55-45 beaut against a bad Nebraska team. Another fan base who thinks they should just be better than us despite the fact that it’s not the 90s.

Preview videos seem to all agree.

Illinois won 8 games last year, lost to Purdue and finished behind Purdue. The biggest reason they were good now coaches at Purdue. But they led the big ten west, so Luke Altmyer will play like he’s a senior and their first time DC who was only DB coach last year will show that Walters and Kane were just wee men. Meanwhile, the portal doesn’t count for Purdue and everyone at Purdue must learn and fail.

Jeff sims completed 58% of his passes last year and i recognize like 7 good players from last years terrible team on their 2 deep at Nebraska. But Jeff sims will be awesome while card learns slowly that he is at a new school and must fail Forever … because Tommie Frazier!

Last edited:
Not sure what all the fuss is about. End all the talk, play the game, and settle it on the field through a victory. Winning isn't everything but it does begin to fix a lot of things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT