ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois / Purdue, 7 November Ticket availability

Oct 19, 2015
Hello there. I'm an Illini fan and plan on taking my family to the game on 7 November.

I was wondering what's the ticket scalping situation like? Are there a decent amount of people trying to sell tickets outside the stadium/in the tailgate lots? I've checked all the ticket sites and I think the price is too high based off supply/demand. I can see them dropping in price closer to the game. I've seen tickets for IL games for ~$ 2 on Stub Hub.

We will be driving up from STL area and staying North of Champaign Friday night before making the drive over early Saturday AM, so preferably I'd like to have them in hand before making the trip.

Currently I need 5, with the possibility of a 6th.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Hello there. I'm an Illini fan and plan on taking my family to the game on 7 November.

I was wondering what's the ticket scalping situation like? Are there a decent amount of people trying to sell tickets outside the stadium/in the tailgate lots? I've checked all the ticket sites and I think the price is too high based off supply/demand. I can see them dropping in price closer to the game. I've seen tickets for IL games for ~$ 2 on Stub Hub.

We will be driving up from STL area and staying North of Champaign Friday night before making the drive over early Saturday AM, so preferably I'd like to have them in hand before making the trip.

Currently I need 5, with the possibility of a 6th.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
You're driving 5 hours each way to watch Purdue and Illinois? Play football? Did you lose a bet or something?

All kidding aside, you should be able to get 5 tix for less than $30 on the street at kickoff, maybe less after we get housed by the Huskers on Halloween.
Get the cheapest ones you can find, then you can sit anywhere you want.

And smuggle some booze in if you're planning on staying for the whole game.

You're driving 5 hours each way to watch Purdue and Illinois? Play football? Did you lose a bet or something?

All kidding aside, you should be able to get 5 tix for less than $30 on the street at kickoff, maybe less after we get housed by the Huskers on Halloween.
Get the cheapest ones you can find, then you can sit anywhere you want.

And smuggle some booze in if you're planning on staying for the whole game.
He's an Illini fan. Why wouldn't he be planning to stay for the whole game??? Don't think they'll be on the short end of the scoreboard.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Thanks guys, I'm breaking up the drive in increments of 3 and 1.5 hours! I'm really hoping the Illini are the one's victorious in this, hence my decision to make this the road game I attend! I would really hate to make the road trip and have to drive home with a loss, although anything is possible in College Football!

Thank, looks like I'll just wing it and try to pick em up on the street before kick off. If anyone on here wants to sell me theirs let me know!

You may have a hard time finding a block of 5-6 cheap, but if you pick up smaller bunches you ought to be able to meet up and sit in the north end zone or corner. Personally, I'm afraid the potential of a homecoming crowd may be negated by the relatively late November date.

Thanks again. Yeah I don't think they all have to be together, if it's anything like Illini games there are plenty of open seats to meet up afterwards.

How does the layout of the stadium work. It looks like that end zone section may be separated from the rest? Otherwise I should be able to walk around all parts right

He's an Illini fan. Why wouldn't he be planning to stay for the whole game??? Don't think they'll be on the short end of the scoreboard.
Yeah i Haven't actually seen the Illini play this year, I just know that they are the only B1G team that found a way to lose to Coach TurtleVest.

Another idea would be to walk thru the R lot and ask if anyone has tickets for sale. A lot of those folks seem to not ever make it into the stadium, not that I blame them.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Thanks again. Yeah I don't think they all have to be together, if it's anything like Illini games there are plenty of open seats to meet up afterwards.

How does the layout of the stadium work. It looks like that end zone section may be separated from the rest? Otherwise I should be able to walk around all parts right
Yes. Just do not buy south end zone tickets. Id buy north end zone. Low cost and you can move around the whole stadium.

Reactions: mossimo142
North End Zone it is. Thanks again for your guys input. I feel for you, I really do. If any team other than Indiana knows ineptitude in College Football, it's definitely the Illini.

Fortunately it seems like Tim Beckman built a solid foundation/core of decent players before he was ousted. Hopefully we can build on that.

Is it looking like Hazell will be canned? Is this year 3 for him?

There may be so few people in attendance that the ticket takers may not even show up and you can walk in without being stopped.

But don't be surprised if they call on you to work the sidelines as a down and distance marker as they might not even show up.

When I was a student at Purdue (1980 - 1984), I took a similar road trip to Northwestern to watch the Purdue - Northwestern game. My buddies and I purchased tickets for $2.50 each and sat anywhere we wanted in Dyche Stadium (which was what Ryan Field was called in those days). I remember thinking how awful it would be to be a student at a school where football was that depressing that no one cared. After reading this thread and all of its responses, I consciously realized that Purdue Football is the Northwestern of the 70's and 80's. It truly has gotten that bad.

Where is Gary Barnett? Would he consider coming out of retirement to revive his "Expect Victory" campaign today at Purdue that got Northwestern football turned around back then?

Our coach and team do a good job of drawing some opponent fans to our games. They get to see their teams kick some butt.

I appreciate and lived the fatalism, but as an "equal" I don't consider this game a gimme for Illinois. As someone previously mentioned, the Illini lost to Purdue last year at home, so anything can happen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT