ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois gives Lovie a 2 year extension

With his buyout, that is all they can do. I think Lovie knows football, but doesn't know recruiting. Lovie didn't bring in some big time recruiters so he doesn't get it.
Lovie doesn't know football...he cost the Bears a Superbowl by replacing Kyle Orton (the horse he rode to the Championship) with a returning from injury Rex Grossman. Squandered the best Bears defense, possibly of all time.

Reactions: mathboy and bodog57
Lovie doesn't know football...he cost the Bears a Superbowl by replacing Kyle Orton (the horse he rode to the Championship) with a returning from injury Rex Grossman. Squandered the best Bears defense, possibly of all time.
I think that call (Grossman) came from above Lovie. In all seriousness, Angelo I believe made the call.

they must love being cellar dwellers
I work with a bunch of Illinois grads, and one of them still believes that Lovie is good for Illinois and will be a respectable coach, in due time. His reasoning is, despite this being Lovie's third year, he still has a relatively young team, given when he was hired.

I think he's drank too much Orange and Blue koolaid.

I told my UofI brother about the extension, and he said maybe the stability will help with recruiting this year because they need a lot of help. I responded with the fact that they have just 11 commits and are ranked 66.

I told my UofI brother about the extension, and he said maybe the stability will help with recruiting this year because they need a lot of help. I responded with the fact that they have just 11 commits and are ranked 66.

The thing is...it certainly takes time to rebuild. I think 4 years is the minimum a team should give, unless there is a total regression.

Having said that, Lovie is...not good.

Well...our defense did their job...we scored 1 offensive touchdown compared to 3 Grossman turnovers. The game was winnable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT