ADVERTISEMENT

If this is true

Mar 31, 2004

Biden and Harris should fix it or resign. This is potentially more damaging than the Afghanistan fiasco.

If anyone is actually interested in reading a thoughtful OP/ED, here's one about the Biden vaccine mandate (of which I am not in favor).

I believe it will be overturned by this SCOTUS, and it probably should be. Balance of power FTW!

But that is going to anger a lot of people. And you know who is going to be blamed.

But that is going to anger a lot of people. And you know who is going to be blamed.
Again, the balance of power in our political system is why someone with politics like mine can reject Donald Trump and not live in constant fear of communism or whatever other sensationalistic crap people come up with. Change is slow in this country and it was designed that way on purpose. So they can blame Trump's court appointments if they want to, but... win some elections. I would summarily disagree with Biden packing the court if it came to that. Trump did what Trump was allowed to do under the laws of this country, and here's guessing/hoping that the legislative balance is restored in 2022.

... and then can we please nominate a respectable candidate for President in 2024 so we can undo some of the crap the progressives are trying to do.

Biden just wanted a distraction to change the topic from Afghanistan. Only reason he floated vaccine mandate. As Gottleib correctly pointed out by the time it actually gets put in place it will be a rather worthless mandate.

Biden did the same thing with sprinting out to announce booster shots starting September 20....last month in the middle of Afghanistan debacle. That didn't work, but his vaccine mandate has been pretty effective in changing the topic. Problem is Biden is too dumb to understand its only a short term win for him. He never thinks through long term consequences of his decisions (see Border, Afghanistan, cutting oil production, stimulus package last March etc etc).

Last edited:

Biden and Harris should fix it or resign. This is potentially more damaging than the Afghanistan fiasco.
I think you are wrong. Arming the Taliban more than most countries with your tax dollars in addition to leaving a couple billion more of your tax dollars could possibly be the biggest fumble of any president, consistent with Obama’s 150 billion released to Iran. This can be overcome though with time...I hope. How long that takes, is anyone’s guess. I would expect that in 1-2 decades that a consistent signal sent from the USA in support of what has been our friends and an understanding of restrained strength financially and militarily could “possibly” make this less of an issue. The nature of flipflopping as a result of our elections will always be a pause for other countries worried about “long term” stances and so the elections potentially are always a factor in outsider’s views of where the USA will go. This problem of different directions and positions has probably grown the last 1-2 decades moreso than before

The issue at the southern border will never be overcame. The USA will be affected by this forever and why the dems want it to grow their power and control and why it will cost you in loss of freedoms and growth of the blob and a reduction in your wealth. Who among us can show how this improves our circumstances?

I’ve been to the border in DelRio 15-20 years ago to see a “potential” supplier. I think I flew into San Antonio and drove southwest about 130 miles with nothing along the way except tumble weeds and small deer (not corn fed) and a cow skull here and there. So tiring and uneventful I wandered across my half a bit and found myself in line with the only car I met during the 130 mile trip which woke me up …figuratively. The rep took me to a dam to see that I think was built not too long before my trip. A.J Foyt had property on the north side of the road and it seemed like I passed by a town known for football not too far outside San Antonio.

The border crossing the next morning had nobody…nobody there! When I mentioned this to the supplier rep…he said once in a while nobody is there. Del Rio has grown since then. I think there was one hotel and a fast food place within walking distance just barely on the edge of a very small town back then. What has changed with the influx of people from wherever…Mexico…South America or other places is that they believe they can get in and stay in the USA now. There is no new humanitarian issue in play. This is about growing power and placing these people in large enough groups that the pressure to assimilate will be less and the dependency on the government grows. No loss to those in power…just those that work and already feel the tax burden knowing too that their wealth will take a hit. There exists no sorting mechanism in place to identify any that might benefit the USA. Having no sorting mechanism and no restraint on numbers of who enters the USA is obscene.

I did meet up with what he said was a guard when Isaiah Thomas and Dunmar played for the piston (maybe was there when the microwave was there as well?) previously that grew up in Texas and have no idea his college. I just remember that because he was surprised I knew about the restrictions for basketball players from Texas to attend 5 star camps. They couldn't attend. I left at lunch for a few to walk the town and check out a few shops and they too were obviously not used to many English speaking people crossing the border. This place was the most desolute place of any border town I visited.

Last edited:
The local NBC station actually did some reporting here and not just pointing at it.

Most all of these people will be expelled immediately, however, they are all due basic rights to be interviewed to determine their status to enter the country legally.

They were told to stay under the bridge because it provides shade where it’s extremely hot.

Most all of these people will be expelled immediately, however, they are all due basic rights to be interviewed to determine their status to enter the country

That's not even what the article says.

That's not even what the article says.
“ The vast majority of single adults and many families will continue to be expelled under the CDC’s Title 42 authority, and those who cannot be expelled under Title 42 and do not have a legal basis to remain will be placed in expedited removal proceedings.”

“ The vast majority of single adults and many families will continue to be expelled under the CDC’s Title 42 authority, and those who cannot be expelled under Title 42 and do not have a legal basis to remain will be placed in expedited removal proceedings.”
I don't see where it says "most of these people will be expelled immediately".

The crowd is increasing in numbers daily, so much for the expelled "immediately" theory.

I don't see where it says "most of these people will be expelled immediately".

The crowd is increasing in numbers daily, so much for the expelled "immediately" theory.
Immediately was my word (and may be incorrect) … i read expelled under title 42 as pretty darn quick.

Bottom line is … you have to at least talk to each of these people right? They all have that ‘right’ to at least have their case for entry heard?

Adding … the Title 42 is the Trump admin policy created during COVID .. which has been extended by the Biden admin.

So what exactly is Biden doing different than Trump here? I know more are showing up because they think they will get in easier under Biden, but what exactly is being done differently at the boarder?

Reactions: BuilderBob6
So what exactly is Biden doing different than Trump here? I know more are showing up because they think they will get in easier under Biden, but what exactly
Other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?

Biden put Kamala in charge of the border. Did you happen to listen to Kamala talk about the border during campaign?

Reactions: bonefish1
Other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?

Biden put Kamala in charge of the border. Did you happen to listen to Kamala talk about the border during campaign?
Again, they are following the same Trump admin policies at the border (specifically Title 42 and expelling most due to COVID). (FTR — I’m no fan of Kamala).

What actions are they doing differently other than stopping building the wall.

They have showed little interest in the issue. If you have little interest in a problem, guess what happens it gets worse.
I don’t think Pence or Trump were down there working the border (I’m sure they went for photo ops).

But again … what specifically are the people working the border doing different right now?

Cool. Tweet from 4 years ago.

Again — what are the people at the border doing different since Biden took over from what Trump’s team (who are all the same actual people working on the border) doing?
I think you hit the difference earlier when you mentioned the wall. Stopping the progression of the wall does not decrease the potential spots for entry or reduce the personnel needed for this crisis. Without the passive protection of a wall, more interaction for interpretations and judgement with the overflowing numbers and associated pressure leaves interpretation and execution less consistent and subject to individual human bias.

Cool. Tweet from 4 years ago.

Again — what are the people at the border doing different since Biden took over from what Trump’s team (who are all the same actual people working on the border) doing?
Again I have told you.

1) put Kamala in charge of border crisis
2) stopped building wall
3) encouraged this during campaign
4) are fighting the stay in Mexico policy under Trump. Just lost in Supreme court

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Immediately was my word (and may be incorrect) … i read expelled under title 42 as pretty darn quick.

Bottom line is … you have to at least talk to each of these people right? They all have that ‘right’ to at least have their case for entry heard?
According to the Supreme Court Decision they aren't supposed to be in this Country to begin with.
But Bide obviously doesn't give a RA about the law.

The local NBC station actually did some reporting here and not just pointing at it.

Most all of these people will be expelled immediately, however, they are all due basic rights to be interviewed to determine their status to enter the country legally.

They were told to stay under the bridge because it provides shade where it’s extremely hot.

Most Expelled immediately? Even the Washington Post isn't falling that. Albeit I am sure Jen Rubin at the Post believes it.

the state of texas needs to address this.
get with it texas

they must be more focused on their own migration to the SEC instead

Alert....
Biden SUPERSPREADER event!!!!

lol biden. we still pretending trump was terrible? biden harris are dunce city.

I am sure media reports on kids sleeping on gravel, sanitation, lack of clean water, heat exposure, superspreader event, etc. are in the works. LOL.

Where is all the DEM outrage & media reports we saw about the border and superspreader events under Trump???

Normally, those cases for asylum are made in the US Embassy in their country of origin. Biden's open border policy is what's putting 10K people under a bridge and creating this crisis. It's not supposed to be like this.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Again, they are following the same Trump admin policies at the border (specifically Title 42 and expelling most due to COVID). (FTR — I’m no fan of Kamala).

What actions are they doing differently other than stopping building the wall.
But they're not. They are releasing people inside the US and giving them a date to report to an Immigration office. Surprisingly, 90% never show up.

When Trump was in office, despite the Dems fighting every step of the way, he built as much wall as he could. He also had an agreement with the President of Mexico to keep people away from our Southern border.

Biden stopped the wall, stopped the agreement with Mexico and encouraged people to come here. I believe they also cut some funding for the Border Patrol. With the barrage of extra bodies, the Border Patrol personnel are busy trying to process people, which is taking them away from apprehending people. Hence, even more are sneaking in. Who could possibly have seen this coming? It makes you wonder if the Big Guy is getting 10% from the Cartels?

They have showed little interest in the issue. If you have little interest in a problem, guess what happens it gets worse.
But it's not a problem to them. We see a lot of illegal immigrants crashing the border and sneaking into the country. Biden & the Dems see 2 Million more potential Democrat voters. They aren't concerned about the impact on the country, since it's ALL about political POWER to them.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT