ADVERTISEMENT

If Sasha is out of his shooting slump

Don’t expect it, he will be covered up all day which Sasha struggles with.
Texas will have no choice but to double Edey, or he'll eat them alive. They don't have the body size to match up with him 1:1. We have to spread the court, isolate Edey and force the double team, which will open up a shooter. Or let Edey feast. The biggest issue will be making sure our guards feed the post and don't start popping 3s at will.

The other concern I have is that Tre tends to struggle against smaller defenders. And Gillis will have his hands full with Allen...

Last edited:
Eric Hunter needs to be ready to shoot when he gets feeds on the perimeter. To me, he has these opportunities but is not ready to shoot them often. He’s too good of a shooter not to be ready, especially if they focus on Sasha.

I found it interesting that they are using different balls in the Tournament, as that does make a difference. As does 2 of Sasha's fingers being hurt. I have a feeling he made adjustments and that affects his shooting also.

I think it becomes mental and the 2nd half should have cleared those cobwebs.

Texas will have no choice but to double Edey, or he'll eat them alive. They don't have the body size to match up with him 1:1. We have to spread the court, isolate Edey and force the double team, which will open up a shooter. Or let Edey feast. The biggest issue will be making sure our guards feed the post and don't start popping 3s at will.

The other concern I have is that Tre tends to struggle against smaller defenders. And Gillis will have his hands full with Allen...
I don't worry about Gillis at all. I think he's our most complete player.

Last edited:
And I think that is advantage of a second straight game in the same venue. More time to get used to sight lines which helps you from distance.
This could turn out to be Gillis' game. Double teams on Zach and Tre will free him up to shoot or find the open man. And I think Texas gets their bigs in quick foul trouble. Might be a game for Edey and Williams in a high/low post.

Eric Hunter needs to be ready to shoot when he gets feeds on the perimeter. To me, he has these opportunities but is not ready to shoot them often. He’s too good of a shooter not to be ready, especially if they focus on Sasha.
100% agree. He passes up a lot of good shots.

The last 6 games...

2/8
2/5
3/9
4/10

With two games in between those that where he was off.

"... major slump."

Not picking on you, Ron, but the stats just don't support that.

Sasha from 3:
@MSU: 1/6
@wis: 4/10
IU: 3/6
PSU: 0/3
MSU: 2/5
Iowa: 1/6
Yale: 2/8
Texas:0/4

last 3 games: 3/18 (16%)
Last 8 games: 13/48 (27%)

The stats CLEARLY show he hasn’t been shooting as well as his season and career percentages. Whether or not you consider that slump “major” or not is subjective

Sasha from 3:
@MSU: 1/6
@wis: 4/10
IU: 3/6
PSU: 0/3
MSU: 2/5
Iowa: 1/6
Yale: 2/8
Texas:0/4

last 3 games: 3/18 (16%)
Last 8 games: 13/48 (27%)

The stats CLEARLY show he hasn’t been shooting as well as his season and career percentages. Whether or not you consider that slump “major” or not is subjective
Not sure if I recall correctly, but the comment had to do with recent woes. The stats I cited were reflective of that.

The last 6 games...

2/8
2/5
3/9
4/10

With two games in between those that where he was off.

"... major slump."

Not picking on you, Ron, but the stats just don't support that.
The last "6" games you quoted only include 4. Why is that?

You serious, Clark?

Yes, the word "suck" is what I wrote, but in prior (other) threads that's been the point.
I don't think the majority of people here believe Sasha sucks. I think they just want to see more minutes from other players that might be better able to help the team at this point in time. If Sasha gets back his shooting form, then he obviously should get the minutes...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT