ADVERTISEMENT

If He Ends Up at BYU the NCAA

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
Needs to investigate how his AAU coach and the player end up at the same college! Me thinks that there was some collusion between the three and not just a coincidence! Since he was signed no contact is allowed! Reminds me on two deals in the past Danny Manning and his Dad to Kansas and a player and his Coach from Canada, I believe, but I cannot remember the players name!

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
Needs to investigate how his AAU coach and the player end up at the same college! Me thinks that there was some collusion between the three and not just a coincidence! Since he was signed no contact is allowed! Reminds me on two deals in the past Danny Manning and his Dad to Kansas and a player and his Coach from Canada, I believe, but I cannot remember the players name!
there also was the one recruit we were in on bigtime who went to Kentucky when they hired his Dad for the staff, last name stated w/ a M

Reactions: ghostoffatjack
There’s no rules anymore. Nothing will happen. Probably a lot more common with the higher rated NBA type recruits. Since we don’t land those guys we don’t really ever have to deal with it until now.

I stand a better chance of growing my hair back and getting a date with Heidi Klum than the NCAA will investigate... anything.
Heidi Klum Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

News to me that the NCAA does still not have rules. Yes the Portal has changed things and so have the courts but I do not believe they have determined all the remaining rules invalid!

There are no rules now.

Reactions: tjreese and Schnelk
As others have said, the NCAA won’t investigate anything and really doesn’t have the power to do so. If Painter/Purdue thought there was illegal activity going on, they could have always just not released him from his NLI. At the end of the day, regardless of the reason, the kid decided he didn’t want to be at Purdue anymore, and there’s no reason to spend an ounce of energy trying to hang on to someone with that mindset.

Pretty much what I was thinking too.

Also, let's just move on. This kid's backstory keeps showing more issues. I suppose I wish him well because he's not Danny Hurley, but I'm already over him.
+100 - the fascination with guys that elect to go elsewhere and speculating about what they might have been is something I'll never understand. But whatever floats their boat.

Last name I think started with a “M” and maybe 6’10” or 6’11”??? I’m thinking North Carolina and he played against Purdue in some tourney.

Why does many on this thread think that the NCAA no longer has rules and cannot investigate any infractions? All I have read is that the court struck down their rule proposal that would have required a year sit out after a second transfer! Unless I am in the dark all other rules that the members of the NCAA have are still in effect. Eligibility, schedules for signings, dead periods, Portal Periods, etc. Someone please enlighten me. I do believe that signed players are still hands off, and packaging a player and a summer coach is a no, no still. Memphis lost a recruit most recently.

Why does many on this thread think that the NCAA no longer has rules and cannot investigate any infractions? All I have read is that the court struck down their rule proposal that would have required a year sit out after a second transfer! Unless I am in the dark all other rules that the members of the NCAA have are still in effect. Eligibility, schedules for signings, dead periods, Portal Periods, etc. Someone please enlighten me. I do believe that signed players are still hands off, and packaging a player and a summer coach is a no, no still. Memphis lost a recruit most recently.
I think it's just an overall feeling that NCAA enforcement is worth as much as the piece of paper that gives the rules. Is it fully true? Maybe not.

The NCAA really has no investigative power. They are not a legal body and cannot subpoena anyone to get evidence. They can interview people (if they even decide to cooperate), but they do not have a mechanism to prove if an interviewee is being honest or not. Aside from a coach outright saying “yea I tampered”, they won’t be able to prove anything.

The NCAA really has no investigative power. They are not a legal body and cannot subpoena anyone to get evidence. They can interview people (if they even decide to cooperate), but they do not have a mechanism to prove if an interviewee is being honest or not. Aside from a coach outright saying “yea I tampered”, they won’t be able to prove anything.

True but.....While I don't care one way or another, the NCAA seems to have the funding to hire private investigators if needed or wanted.

Secondly, they can communicate and work with law enforcement agencies if they wish.

They have funding to hire lawyers to review details of NIL contracts if they want.

Kinda irrelevant & it really doesn't matter to me, as it seems to me such methods & tactics are never or rarely needed/used in the NCAA eyes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT