ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Republicans loved the military

Answer the original question and stop avoiding it, dummy.
Pull up whatever of the fifty threads you started that asks the question and I’ll answer. I’m not going to wade through your bullshit and let you derail this thread right out of the gate.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
From the little I looked at your links, it looks like it is a large cost. Perhaps they didn't think adding more cost right now in the midst of 9.1% inflation was a good idea?
Except that many of the Republicans who voted it down yesterday had just approved it a few weeks ago, so your theory here doesn’t hold water here.

Reactions: charlespig
Except that many of the Republicans who voted it down yesterday had just approved it a few weeks ago, so your theory here doesn’t hold water here.
Sure, I was just speculating. I was reading the article a little more and it sounds like some technical changes were made. I have no idea what they were, but it really sounds like it's politics being played. Hold it off until the the next elections and then pass it.

Some claim they were worried about it becoming a slush fund. No idea.

Stay on topic, dummy.
stay on topic, ok. Do we really need a federal law to address every new health issue incurred by our military? Agent Orange, yes as that was a massive scenario that affected lots of people. Burn pits? Vets get free medical care currently. Move on bucko. Find something else to cry about.

Reactions: indyogb
stay on topic, ok. Do we really need a federal law to address every new health issue incurred by our military? Agent Orange, yes as that was a massive scenario that affected lots of people. Burn pits? Vets get free medical care currently. Move on bucko. Find something else to cry about.
Thanks for letting us know you don’t care about our veterans, Bruce. Have a great weekend.

Did a little digging and found this comment.

"Some conservatives have raised objections to the bill because it would reclassify nearly $400 billion in current-law VA spending from discretionary to mandatory accounts, thereby potentially freeing up more budget authority to increase discretionary spending on other domestic programs.”

Hold tight, this will pass. Reps want it spent the right way. I love how everyone wants to point fingers, but will not tell you why."

So it sounds like the bill isn't dead. Just some concerns about spending.

Reactions: tearsforfears
Sure, I was just speculating. I was reading the article a little more and it sounds like some technical changes were made. I have no idea what they were, but it really sounds like it's politics being played. Hold it off until the the next elections and then pass it.

Some claim they were worried about it becoming a slush fund. No idea.
I agree politics are being played, which of course happens all the time. But putting veterans who have served the country in the middle is a pretty bad low.

Clearly not. Cowards.

I think the issue is the additional $400 billion in spending that went into the bill after it went back to the House. It was originally supported by Republicans. But now they want an explanation for the additional $400 billion that wasn't included in the original bill. Funny how that little caveat hasn't been covered by the mainstream media. Just another way for Democrats to express "outrage" prior to midterms...

"My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill," Toomey said, voicing his opposition to what he described as a "budgetary gimmick" that would allow $400 billion in additional spending.

Did a little digging and found this comment.

"Some conservatives have raised objections to the bill because it would reclassify nearly $400 billion in current-law VA spending from discretionary to mandatory accounts, thereby potentially freeing up more budget authority to increase discretionary spending on other domestic programs.”

Hold tight, this will pass. Reps want it spent the right way. I love how everyone wants to point fingers, but will not tell you why."

So it sounds like the bill isn't dead. Just some concerns about spending.
The spending amount didn’t change from the first time just a few weeks ago though. And there are no other provisions in the bill. So again, the explanation makes no sense.

I agree politics are being played, which of course happens all the time. But putting veterans who have served the country in the middle is a pretty bad low.
Well, if the above comment that I post is true, then it should still pass. We don't need another slush fund though.

Clearly not. Cowards.

Hey Bob, lets do a side by side comparison of the charges, trials, and convictions for contempt of congress and other meaningless stuff between Dems and Reps. Oh wait, I will do it for your.

thanks for the latest version of you typical D@@@ A@@ comments. LOL
Hey Bruce. All you said was “fukk the veterans”. You don’t need to come back to the thread. Like I said, have a great weekend (oh and the American flag in your profile is a true *chef’s kiss*)

Pull up whatever of the fifty threads you started that asks the question and I’ll answer. I’m not going to wade through your bullshit and let you derail this thread right out of the gate.
I just replied to your original statement (again) and asked. I wouldn’t have to derail this if you would have answered the first ten times I asked you. Why avoid the question? You don’t have an answer and just wanted to throw crap against the wall about a Republican that you don’t like, that’s why.

I just replied to your original statement (again) and asked. I wouldn’t have to derail this if you would have answered the first ten times I asked you. Why avoid the question? You don’t have an answer and just wanted to throw crap against the wall about a Republican that you don’t like, that’s why.
I’m not avoiding it. I’m not turning this thread into something other than the topic at hand. Get lost.

Hey Bob, lets do a side by side comparison of the charges, trials, and convictions for contempt of congress and other meaningless stuff between Dems and Reps. Oh wait, I will do it for your.

Wtf does this have to do with the topic of this thread, Bruce?

I’m not avoiding it. I’m not turning this thread into something other than the topic at hand. Get lost.
Then respond if you aren’t avoiding it. You’re complicating something that shouldn’t be complicated. You got caught lying. It’s all good.

Well it’s not a slush fund. It wasn’t a few weeks ago and it isn’t now. Just really a shame for the veterans who will be negatively impacted by this after serving this country.
You don’t care. You’re just finding reasons to post bad things about Republicans.

Then respond if you aren’t avoiding it. You’re complicating something that shouldn’t be complicated. You got caught lying. It’s all good.
@ me in whatever thread you initially asked. I’m not avoiding anything, you shitweasel.

So far only one person has made a good faith attempt at this topic. Thank you,

The rest of the trolls have chimed in right on cue: tears swamping the thread because he lives on here and has nothing better to do, Bruce hates veterans, riveting posting something irrelevant, and couch posting something random that probably makes sense when you’re high. The standard dipshit brigade.

TGIF, assholes! 😂😂

So far only one person has made a good faith attempt at this topic. Thank you,

The rest of the trolls have chimed in right on cue: tears swamping the thread because he lives on here and has nothing better to do, Bruce hates veterans, riveting posting something irrelevant, and couch posting something random that probably makes sense when you’re high. The standard dipshit brigade.

TGIF, assholes! 😂😂
Was your original post made in good faith?

TGIF, miserable Democrat! 😂😂

@BuilderBob6 Would you be so kind to remind @PurdueFan1 of the board rules? He’s name calling and mentioning/targeting posters or did those rules you sent me only apply to those who you don’t agree with? Let’s be fair here.

That doesn't look to be the case. If the above link is true.
What changed though between when it sailed through the house and senate the first time and this time though? 25 republicans who voted yes a few weeks ago said no yesterday and the only thing I could find was some minor technicality that didn’t change the contents of the bill or the amount.

Strange that I haven't heard the Dems rescind their vaccination mandate for vets? Sad we are losing a lot of critical troops (Seals, pilots) as a result. Who really cares about the vets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT