ADVERTISEMENT

I see this pic of Lance (right or wrong)

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
experiencing his dream of playing big time with memento of his father inside his shirt with his hand over his chest looking and reaching upward and thinking of his father

420184489_795451912390653_3040552323351769113_n.jpg

don't think there's much doubt.
Heart breaking and heart warming all at the same time.
I don't search or need "likes" and such as I continuously post on a lot of things that will not get reactions and pretty well known for speaking my mind in an honest attempt in spite of potential repercussions, but there were close to 400 people that saw that picture and you can see how many responded in any manner. I hope there are a lot of people that didn't respond, but have some empathy for Lance or at least acknowledge he has some battles in his life at this time. I'm not a touchy guy on an emotional edge, but I hope they see Lance more than a basketball player making baskets. The kid loves Purdue and brings so many positive attributes on top of basketball and yet doing so with a heavy heart. People need not list a reaction as a result of this post...just a bit surprising to me the reaction to the human side of these gladiators entertaining the fans.

He is the most talked about player in my household. We all love him and what he represents.
I appreciate that. However, my intent is to not make this a lovefest for Lance although there are many of us that are VERY happy he is a boiler. I'm just a bit surprised the picture didn't evoke a response from many others, but maybe some...maybe many... are not aware he lost his father before he could share his Purdue experience. There are a whole host of reasons why a person might not have a reaction and none of this is to castigate or for me to assume that anyone that didn't respond didn't care. I was just surprised that of around 478 views there was little reaction. Just caught me off guard. Maybe, I'm a bit protective of players...who knows...anyway it is what it is

I appreciate that. However, my intent is to not make this a lovefest for Lance although there are many of us that are VERY happy he is a boiler. I'm just a bit surprised the picture didn't evoke a response from many others, but maybe some...maybe many... are not aware he lost his father before he could share his Purdue experience. There are a whole host of reasons why a person might not have a reaction and none of this is to castigate or for me to assume that anyone that didn't respond didn't care. I was just surprised that of around 478 views there was little reaction. Just caught me off guard. Maybe, I'm a bit protective of players...who knows...anyway it is what it is
I think it was on The Journey where they interviewed Lance and his Mom.
Lance's Dad evidently had a seizure while Lance was on a recruiting visit.
She said a Purdue coach was there with her until he was released.
She said right than and there she knew Purdue was the right place.
Also, even though Lance hadn't been to a practice yet, although committed to Purdue,
every player and coach showed up at his Dad's funeral!

I think it was on The Journey where they interviewed Lance and his Mom.
Lance's Dad evidently had a seizure while Lance was on a recruiting visit.
She said a Purdue coach was there with her until he was released.
She said right than and there she knew Purdue was the right place.
Also, even though Lance hadn't been to a practice yet, although committed to Purdue,
every player and coach showed up at his Dad's funeral!
yep....they knew a family when they saw it!

making baskets. The kid loves Purdue and brings so many positive attributes on top of basketball and yet doing so with a heavy heart. People need not list a reaction as a result of this post...just a bit surprising to me the reaction to the human side of these gladiators entertaining the fans.
My suspicion is the above.
NOT saying everyone, or that it makes you evil.
Dont' really want to know too much about them, just perform when the lights go up.
And honestly we don't know very much at all about any of these kids.
We see how they are when they are playing basketball and not much beyond that other than the rare glimpses behind the scenes if someone does a feature about them.
if you've not seen the video about Lance and his dad I'd encourage you all to check it out.

Reactions: tjreese
What an addition he ended up being for this team and program. Great kid that loves playing ball and big time contributor...

experiencing his dream of playing big time with memento of his father inside his shirt with his hand over his chest looking and reaching upward and thinking of his father

420184489_795451912390653_3040552323351769113_n.jpg

Thank you for posting this... hadn't seen it elsewhere.

I don't search or need "likes" and such as I continuously post on a lot of things that will not get reactions and pretty well known for speaking my mind in an honest attempt in spite of potential repercussions, but there were close to 400 people that saw that picture and you can see how many responded in any manner. I hope there are a lot of people that didn't respond, but have some empathy for Lance or at least acknowledge he has some battles in his life at this time. I'm not a touchy guy on an emotional edge, but I hope they see Lance more than a basketball player making baskets. The kid loves Purdue and brings so many positive attributes on top of basketball and yet doing so with a heavy heart. People need not list a reaction as a result of this post...just a bit surprising to me the reaction to the human side of these gladiators entertaining the fans.
Some people read these stories and just quietly reflect without responding outwardly. Even cry a little inside. Loss of loved ones is all part of the human experience that we all share sooner or later. Unfortunately.

Some people read these stories and just quietly reflect without responding outwardly. Even cry a little inside. Loss of loved ones is all part of the human experience that we all share sooner or later. Unfortunately.
losing a child has to be the worse. I just learned an hour or so ago a youngster who moved away from the area lost a battle with cancer a couple of years ago. Also, as I said people respond in different way, and the lack of responses does not mean many do not care. I was just a bit surprised that so many had no reaction, whatever the many reasons were. Yes, we all experience loss of life of those we love as our lives will also have an impact on others to some degree. I find (as expected) the older I get the more people I know that don't see the next day. I have three sisters all older than I am. The youngest is 7 years older and the oldest is 12 years older. I'm fully aware their hour glass is running out of sand. Anyway, my first reaction when I saw the pic was what I wrote and if I'm accurate that pic says a lot...

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT