@ Wisc (L) The curse remains in force
@ Ill (W)
vs Oregon (L)
vs Northwestern (W)
@ OSU (L)
vs PSU (L)
@ MSU (L)
@ IU (W)

6-6 with an easy path to 5-7 (ND) or a flip with ND and MSU.

Reactions: z_one
I will say we show improvement with:

vs ISU (W)
bye (T)
vs ND (W) This will be our upset game
@ OSU (L)
vs Neb (W)
@ Ill (W)
vs Oregon (L)
vs Northwestern (W)
@ OSU (L)
vs PSU (L)
@ MSU (L)
@ IU (W)

I would change Oregon State to a W.

People making a big deal about traveling West.
I saw the Oregon State Spring game and the roster looks depleted. A lot can happen from Spring to Fall but we should win this.

Reminds me of Virginia Tech last year, where people said we would lose because of Enter Sandman.

I would change Mich State to W. The game is at Ford Field not a full home field advantage. 1st year coach issues. Should be a good game.

My reach prediction would be a W in Madison. The curse did not help when we lost to Ohio St last year. The curse does not mean much to CRW
I think we will be more physical this time in the lines.
And our Rush Ends should rattle TVD.
At least this will not be a slam dunk game that Wisconsin football fans think it will be.

vs ISU (W)
bye (T)
@ OSU (L)
vs Neb (W)
@ Ill (W)
vs Oregon (L)
vs Northwestern (W)
@ OSU (L)
vs PSU (L)
@ MSU (L)
@ IU (W)

I’d take that.

Any scenario that has Purdue claiming the Shilllelaigh, the Cannon, and the Bucket is a good year- especially considering the other challenges we will face….

I would change Mich State to W. The game is at Ford Field not a full home field advantage. 1st year coach issues. Should be a good game.
It is? Both the Purdue and Michigan State official schedules show it at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing.

Reactions: goboilers2
5-7. Depth still a concern.

No major upsets but we beat Wisconsin away and end that streak. Lose a game where a team runs the same play over and over and we choose to ignore it and not adjust again.

Walters retains Harrell and we somehow expect different results next year with similar or less talent and no coaching adjustments.

Reactions: mklinker

No major upsets but we beat Wisconsin away and end that streak. Lose a game where a team runs the same play over and over and we choose to ignore it and not adjust again.

Walters retains Harrell and we somehow expect different results next year with similar or less talent and no coaching adjustments.
This except 4-8 instead of 5-7. Going to be another 1984-1997 run of ineptitude I fear.

Reactions: pboiler18

vs ISU (W)
bye (T)
@ OSU (L)
vs Neb (W)
@ Ill (W)
vs Oregon (L)
vs Northwestern (W)
@ OSU (L)
vs PSU (L)
@ MSU (L)
@ IU (W)

This is about what I have as well.

Didn’t realize Harrell was an issue last year. He consistently gets better in year two, has more talent this year, and that offense really took off at the end of the year. Statistically, his offense was fairly close to Brohm the year prior, with less talent.

Didn’t realize Harrell was an issue last year. He consistently gets better in year two, has more talent this year, and that offense really took off at the end of the year. Statistically, his offense was fairly close to Brohm the year prior, with less talent.
When the schedule got worse. But glad you think 2 6 win teams were juggernauts.

I’d love for us to be great. Just do t see it happening but continue to hate on me for being realistic instead of blindly positive.

Reactions: mklinker
When the schedule got worse. But glad you think 2 6 win teams were juggernauts.

I’d love for us to be great. Just do t see it happening but continue to hate on me for being realistic instead of blindly positive.
Didn’t call two 6 win teams juggernauts.

I also don’t hate on you for being realistic. I’m just as realistic. I hate on you because you make up facts and then run when shown otherwise and change standards to fit your arguments, then run when called out. I’ve said 4-6 wins. Tell me how that’s unrealistic…. I’ve tried to have this conversation with you, but you always run from the conversation.

5 is my expectation. 4 would be disappointing. 6 would be excellent. 7 is probably the absolute ceiling. 3 should be the worst case.
Agree and I am trying to get on the hype train for this team but my fear is the OC will do the same run up the middle every time... again.

I am hopeful things change though.

Agree and I am trying to get on the hype train for this team but my fear is the OC will do the same run up the middle every time... again.

I am hopeful things change though.
We saw him get away from that as the year went on though. Plus Purdue has a better OL to have success with that now. Offense was not the issue last season. I expect a year 2 jump in the offense consistent with what we’ve seen from Harrell elsewhere.

With a makeshift oline and poor WR play. People get stuck on those early games where he tried to play some power football at the goal line, but refuse to acknowledge he adjusted as the year went on.
I listened to one of the Ryan Walters Show last year when he stated that being a new head coach he at first followed conventional coaching wisdom, but when that didn't work, changed to plays that better fit our players, which is one of the reasons for the improvement in the latter games. He was basically in a lose-lose situation. If he didn't run those power plays at the goal line, he would have been strongly criticized for not doing so, probably even more than doing so.

And how poor was the WR play. One Purdue radio announcer said the WRs gave Card no help in one game on extended plays while he was trying to avoid being sacked. Not one came back to help the QB, they just quit playing!

I certainly think that the 8 wins I mentioned above are possible if the current players play up to their abilities and there are few turnovers. I think Walters knows what he's doing and has made a lot of excellent moves while initially starting behind the 8-ball. He seems to connect well with the players, and hopefully they'll perform for him.

I listened to one of the Ryan Walters Show last year when he stated that being a new head coach he at first followed conventional coaching wisdom, but when that didn't work, changed to plays that better fit our players, which is one of the reasons for the improvement in the latter games. He was basically in a lose-lose situation. If he didn't run those power plays at the goal line, he would have been strongly criticized for not doing so, probably even more than doing so.

And how poor was the WR play. One Purdue radio announcer said the WRs gave Card no help in one game on extended plays while he was trying to avoid being sacked. Not one came back to help the QB, they just quit playing!

I certainly think that the 8 wins I mentioned above are possible if the current players play up to their abilities and there are few turnovers. I think Walters knows what he's doing and has made a lot of excellent moves while initially starting behind the 8-ball. He seems to connect well with the players, and hopefully they'll perform for him.
WR play was horrible last season. Probably the worst unit in the team.

Improvement there will be one of the biggest areas towards a better record along with CB play.

Tell me who the burners are? Anyone with 4.4 or better? 4. 5? - That's how.
Smith, morrisette, pretty sure rigby is a guy with that speed, Leland Smith I think. Not sure on Edrine. Am I wrong? Where you see otherwise?

Edit: CJ Smiths high school 100 meter dash would have placed middle of the pack in round one of the Olympics. That’s pretty fast. So show me where you see this stuff or quit making stuff up.

Last edited:
WR play was horrible last season. Probably the worst unit in the team.

Improvement there will be one of the biggest areas towards a better record along with CB play.
So Card was ranked 5th in the big ten in passing yards but the recievers sucked? Who caught the balls then? If card was ranked 5th in passing would not the wr's be ranked 5th in receiving? Card was great and the WR's sucked does not add up for me?

So Card was ranked 5th in the big ten in passing yards but the recievers sucked? Who caught the balls then? If card was ranked 5th in passing would not the wr's be ranked 5th in receiving? Card was great and the WR's sucked does not add up for me?
Is this a real question? Do you actually try to research before posting something like this? Of purdues top 8 receivers last year, 4 were WR’s, 2 were TE’s, and 2 were RB’s.

Why did I stop at 8? No one else had more than 100 yards.

My thoughts are the schedule is not going to get any better for the next 3 years and what you see this year will be the height of our future success.

If the BIG 10 does any additional expansion, the new teams will all be better than Purdue. The BIG 10 is not going to add SIU or Indiana State . Future BIG10 teams would include teams that are the caliber of Miami and FSU and Texas A&M and UNC and Duke.

In five years, the BIG 10 may be a 24 team super conference. With 4 divisions of 6 teams. If/when that happens, Purdue is not likely to be one of the better teams. And could face the risk of being bought out of the conference. The conference bows to the power of who has money! While not likely to happen, it could happen.

Something to think about. The BIG 10 didn’t want teams like Stanford, Arizona, Arizona st or Oregon st. They were deemed not good enough. If Stanford isn’t good enough for the big 10, who is ? Is Duke good enough? UNC? Kansas? Missouri?

My thoughts are the schedule is not going to get any better for the next 3 years and what you see this year will be the height of our future success.

If the BIG 10 does any additional expansion, the new teams will all be better than Purdue. The BIG 10 is not going to add SIU or Indiana State . Future BIG10 teams would include teams that are the caliber of Miami and FSU and Texas A&M and UNC and Duke.

In five years, the BIG 10 may be a 24 team super conference. With 4 divisions of 6 teams. If/when that happens, Purdue is not likely to be one of the better teams. And could face the risk of being bought out of the conference. The conference bows to the power of who has money! While not likely to happen, it could happen.

Something to think about. The BIG 10 didn’t want teams like Stanford, Arizona, Arizona st or Oregon st. They were deemed not good enough. If Stanford isn’t good enough for the big 10, who is ? Is Duke good enough? UNC? Kansas? Missouri?
The 2025 schedule is 100%, without a doubt easier than the 2024.

Basketball $$$ keeps this from happening in the BIG. With us being the best team over the past 15 years I don’t see them anxious to jettison us.

The only thing we get left out of is a super football conference.

I go along with 7 to 8 wins, if Card stays healthy. I also think Walters learned a lot last year, some don’t realize new coaches are same as freshmen players, also I think there is more talent overall, especially at DB & OL! Go Boilers

Is this a real question? Do you actually try to research before posting something like this? Of purdues top 8 receivers last year, 4 were WR’s, 2 were TE’s, and 2 were RB’s.

Why did I stop at 8? No one else had more than 100 yards.
My point is that the 4 WR's (all of which left), 2 TE's and 2 RB's must not have sucked according to the stats even though they are used as an excuse for our poor performance or vastly improved performance (in the last three games) depending upon what position you are flip flopping on at any given point of time. There is no path for Card to have strong passing stats that does not include capable Receivers yet they are bashed all of the time. Just saying..... I look forward to your response post and the lame excuses that will be included.

My point is that the 4 WR's (all of which left), 2 TE's and 2 RB's must not have sucked according to the stats even though they are used as an excuse for our poor performance or vastly improved performance (in the last three games) depending upon what position you are flip flopping on at any given point of time. There is no path for Card to have strong passing stats that does not include capable Receivers yet they are bashed all of the time. Just saying..... I look forward to your response post and the lame excuses that will be included.
The wide receivers are bashed. And they should be. That was not a strong room last year.

Also, not all 4 WR’s left. So you are wrong again.

But your point was to say the WR’s were better than they were through Card and now suddenly decided to lump RB’s and TE’s in.

Well there are these players called tight end and running back that also catch the ball. I'm also pretty sure our receivers were not top 5 collectively.

Is Card going to be our starting QB in 2025? If not, do you believe our team will be better and win more games than 2024? I believe we are going to plateau at 5 wins for the next 5 years.

There will come a day when fans will become estactic about winning 6 games. And fans will accept and rejoice over mediocrity! And the coach who has a .500 record. Will go into the boilermaker hall of fame Just for taking the boilers to the little Caesar bowl game

Is Card going to be our starting QB in 2025? If not, do you believe our team will be better and win more games than 2024? I believe we are going to plateau at 5 wins for the next 5 years.

There will come a day when fans will become estactic about winning 6 games. And fans will accept and rejoice over mediocrity! And the coach who has a .500 record. Will go into the boilermaker hall of fame Just for taking the boilers to the little Caesar bowl game
Idk who the QB will be in 25 and neither do you. But crazy you can project out 5 years when you don’t know how good the team is next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT