ADVERTISEMENT

I don't see any bat signals yet, but....

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I have not seen any bat signals yet, but could this be our next commitment?

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: Georgia LB to Purdue
VIP By STEVE WILTFONG 84 minutes ago

Purdue looks like the program to beat for Louisville (Ga.) Jefferson County linebacker Kydran Jenkins.

We just picked up 2 crystal ball forecasts tonight, include Wiltfong. This would be our 4th LB pickup for this class. I have to assume that it would be our last LB with other needs, especially DL.

I do like that other players are trying to get Watkins on board. That would be a great pickup.

Ben Kreul‏@BenKreul7 2 hours ago
Ben Kreul Retweeted Big Eddie

Hop on the train bro
1f440.png
#BoilerUp
1f682.png

Ben Kreul added,

Big Eddie@Dareal_ed
1f440.png
1f440.png
@BenKreul7
0 replies2 retweets36 likes

I have not seen any bat signals yet, but could this be our next commitment?

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: Georgia LB to Purdue
VIP By STEVE WILTFONG 84 minutes ago

Purdue looks like the program to beat for Louisville (Ga.) Jefferson County linebacker Kydran Jenkins.

We just picked up 2 crystal ball forecasts tonight, include Wiltfong. This would be our 4th LB pickup for this class. I have to assume that it would be our last LB with other needs, especially DL.

I do like that other players are trying to get Watkins on board. That would be a great pickup.

Ben Kreul‏@BenKreul7 2 hours ago
Ben Kreul Retweeted Big Eddie

Hop on the train bro
1f440.png
#BoilerUp
1f682.png

Ben Kreul added,

Big Eddie@Dareal_ed
1f440.png
1f440.png
@BenKreul7
0 replies2 retweets36 likes
You gotta love players who aren’t afraid of competition! People on here often talk about how they worry about transfers with over recruiting. That is nothing to worry about. You want players who want to compete.

I would take him over Washington if the 4.82 forty time is correct. Jenkins is bigger and probably can run faster than that.

My guess is that at 6’3, they look to turn him into a DE.

Speaking of DE, Hunter looks physically ready. I was shocked, he has really worked hard. Not sure how much he would play this year, but if he keeps at it, he could be a force opposite of GK. Or if he continues to get bigger, maybe they move him inside. Who knows, but I liked what I saw from him.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Hey, I got ahead of the bat signals with this thread.

In all seriousness, welcome Kydran!

I am assuming we are going after some DTs now, if Austin and Ox can hear me. I would like to see Watkins join too. Hopefully Carr will announce to us in October.

Unless, we have major attrition, I think our class is pretty much done, if we get 4 more verbals. I don't think we have room for much more, which is a shame if we have a really good year on the field. We won't be able to use that momentum with this class. I guess we could use it for 2021.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I would take him over Washington if the 4.82 forty time is correct. Jenkins is bigger and probably can run faster than that.
Kydran’s time is listed at 4.82 also. Watching his highlights he moves very well for a guy with that size. A lot of the highlights were at running back. He really brings some thump with him when he hits.

My guess is that at 6’3, they look to turn him into a DE.

Speaking of DE, Hunter looks physically ready. I was shocked, he has really worked hard. Not sure how much he would play this year, but if he keeps at it, he could be a force opposite of GK. Or if he continues to get bigger, maybe they move him inside. Who knows, but I liked what I saw from him.
Maybe. Coaches are looking for bigger linebackers. Going to need them with Wisconsin and Iowa on the schedule every year

Coleman announced this afternoon that he committing to Northwestern. Not a big surprise or loss for us, because we do not need another LB in this class, since we currently have 4.

This Twitter thing is hard to interpret. Hodges posted another bat signal well after Jenkins committed. He then posted an offer and a decommitment for Dontae Manning. He was committed to Oklahoma as the fourth ranked cornerback and a high four star recruit. I don’t know if it means anything but it’s fun to think about!

This Twitter thing is hard to interpret. Hodges posted another bat signal well after Jenkins committed. He then posted an offer and a decommitment for Dontae Manning. He was committed to Oklahoma as the fourth ranked cornerback and a high four star recruit. I don’t know if it means anything but it’s fun to think about!
247Sports said that we just offered him today, so you never know I guess. He has an impressive offer list.

I thought there was a tweet out there hinting it was a DLineman. I know Austin was to commit soon. Maybe it is him?

Hard to say...could be Austin or DE Watkins. Markell has been tweeting to Watkins

Kane and Murphy have been working on Malachi “Max” Murphy on Twitter too

Coleman’s offers and abilities are in a different universe than any of those 4 LBs. 3 MAC recruits and a kid from Wisconsin that the Badgers and rest of the BIG passed on. The Wildcat staff view Coleman as the most physically gifted LB prospect they’ve landed since Napo Harris played and was a 1st round NFL draft choice.

But hey. No big loss for a team in desperate need of some more playmakers on defense.

GOUNUII

Except... he wants to be a RB. Purdue wasn’t in position to take another running back. So there you go.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
247Sports said that we just offered him today, so you never know I guess. He has an impressive offer list.

Interesting to know how Brohm, Hodges and the staff have Manning rated versus Melton.

Is it one or the other, or would they take both?

Melton seems more like a slot corner. Not sure about Manning. He could be an outsider corner more than inside, I’m not sure

What is there to be insecure about among NU football fans in Boiler Country? 5 straight wins for the Cats. With an average victory margin of more than 2 TDs. 9-3 in the in the last 15 years. In the modern day of college football NU has owned the Boilers.

Now we're seeing that the Boiler recruiting magic of 2019 has quickly reverted back to the norm in 2020. Where you have a promising QB and RB joined by a bunch of head scratchers. Brohm and his recruiting pitch have struggled outside of Indiana, with some short term success in Ohio and Kentucky. Taking 3rd tier prospects out of Georgia and NJ is and always has been the tell tale sign of legit recruiting concerns in BIG Ten Country.

The 2019 season will probably be defining for Brohm's tenure at Purdue. History has demonstrated new coaches at programs like Purdue ( non-blue bloods with no significant instate recruiting advantages) have a 3 year window of opportunity to show their stuff on the field. If the Boilers win big in 2019 their opportunity to make lasting change for the better under Brohm will continue. If they remain at or near .500, the window of opportunity will likely close. You can only sell the hope without evidence of better times for about that long.

So as NU fans watch their program win the West, sustain its Top 25 status, add the hottest facilities in the Country and distance itself from Purdue, Iowa and MSU in recruiting, I ask again. What is there to be insecure about among NU fans in Boiler Country? The answer is of course obvious.

I extend my apologies to the other board posters here who don't suffer from your juvenile penis envy. I want Purdue to succeed under Brohm. A better Purdue is best for everybody in the conference.

This message is intended for you and you alone. I know you don't deal with reality well. But these are the facts of the reality you can't handle.

GOUNUII

You just answered your own question with that post. with the fact you feel the need to come here and spout such idiocy.

You continue to define yourself. Don't let me stop you. Go for it!

You're in good(?!) company. We also get the IU trolls who feel the need to do the same!

LOL. He listened to RB opportunity bait and switch recruiting pitches like Purdue made, but pledged his future to being a Northwestern LB. Smart choice by an elite prospect.

GOUNUII

So let me get this straight. He lied to Purdue so he didn’t have to pick them? You hold an awfully high opinion of Purdue to think a kid feels so guilty not picking a school that he makes up a lie.

It seems more likely that the coach lied to the kid, then turn around blowing smoke about him being the best linebacker prospect so when he puts him there, the kid doesn’t feel lied to.

The moment Coleman said he wanted to be a running back, I knew he wouldn’t pick Purdue. Notre Dame passed on him for the same reason. I do believe he will be a very good player. In the right scheme he could even be dominant at linebacker. But he will have to work for that and buy in. If that never happens, I could see him not seeing the field and/or transferring out. Don’t know enough about his personality to speculate at this point.

Purdue has developed some much lower rated talent and landed them in the NFL. His potential to start at Purdue at linebacker immediately was incredibly high. Purdue has had quite a run at linebacker over the past 3 years. The system would have let him shine. Was it the right choice? We likely will never know. But it certainly wasn’t an obvious or clear choice. If he did lie, like you are saying he did, then it proves my point even more. I am not going to wish anything bad against him for his choice. But his choice sure brought out your inner D-bag (though I am beginning to think it spends a lot more time out than in and you are just a troll that nobody on the home board likes so you come over here for attention).

Last edited:
According to Coleman Purdue sold him during his official visit on being a dynamic duo at RB with the outstanding RB already committed to the Boilers’ 2020 class. He added that LB was also on the table if the DD didn’t work out. So if he really was set on RB Purdue was his chance. That pretty much blows up your entire missive.

GOUNUII

Link?

George Hall, Ryan Kerrigan, Mike Neal, KK Short are a few, but Pollard did take Tom Brady out...so that counts for a lot.
I cannot remember the game at Purdue, but I remember someone tried to jump over Pollard. He stopped the player in the air and piled drove that player to the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT