ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter/Dow/Williams...too good to keep off the Court

Michael Jordan never won a HS state title. Doesn't have much to do with anything. Were all the kids who won state titles in North Carolina as good as Michael Jordan now?

Warren Central (who beat New Albany in semis) was undefeated last year and had an historic squad.

edit: none of our recruits are from warren central and none of their players are signed with D1 programs after a quick search

oh, my.

Now Romeo is Michael Jordan. Newsflash: as a Sophomore, Jordan was CUT from his HS team.

Romeo is an incredible basketball player. Is that what you guys need?

Goodness, brother.

As a SO, Romeo didn't "lead" anything. He was a contributor. A fine player.

Holy (crap), dude. I'm not going to worship at the Romeo altar, and I doubt other Purdue fans will, as well.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
oh, my.

Now Romeo is Michael Jordan. Newsflash: as a Sophomore, Jordan was CUT from his HS team.

Goodness, brother.

Holy (crap), dude. I'm not going to worship at the Romeo altar, and I doubt other Purdue fans will, as well.
He averaged 30 pts/gm as a sophomore... that's one hell of a contributor... haha

He averaged 30 pts/gm as a sophomore... that's one hell of a contributor... haha
okay.

A sophomore led them.

Yet, a JR... a SR...

If you're a leader, you gotta LEAD.

PLEASE tell us you have more than this?

I mean, if you're going to come on a PURDUE forum and tout your latest SAVIOR, at LEAST give us more than accomplishments . . .as a SOPHOMORE in HIGH SCHOOL...

I think it is wonderful, and a sign of good faith that so many IU fans think our opinion of Romeo is so important that they will continue to post here. Perhaps all those old injuries and wounds inflicted on them over the years are starting to heal? I for one hope so. Perhaps they need our support to feel positive about their program? (Sarcasm).

Actually, I am glad to have them here. Several of them are decent posters and want to honestly share they basketball knowledge. No, I am not being snide. I think we should treat them with civility and honesty. Looking back through this thread there have been many good responses and some excellent debates.

I do wish some of the more spiteful posters would stop carrying tales (tattling) on the national board, exaggerating the posts here. However, I have come to expect it from some specific posters.

okay.

A sophomore led them.

Yet, a JR... a SR...

If you're a leader, you gotta LEAD.

PLEASE tell us you have more than this?

I mean, if you're going to come on a PURDUE forum and tout your latest SAVIOR, at LEAST give us more than accomplishments . . .as a SOPHOMORE in HIGH SCHOOL...
I dont think there is a definitive way to say if he was the team leader or not. Just because you are a sophomore, doesn't mean you cant be a leader.

He was definitely the guy that the rest of the team looked to to carry the scoring load though.

No need to be so hostile, chap.

oh, my.

Goodness, brother.

You simply didn’t comprehend what I was saying.

A) I’m a proud Purdue fan

B) you are arguing the same thing I am arguing. Having team success in high school has little to no impact on college/pro potential a la Michael Jordan. I was using MJ to make a point refuting another silly poster trying to argue that simply because Romeo is going to IU and didn’t win a state title his senior year, he’s really “not that good.” Which is ridiculous. We’d be praising Romeo as a godsend if he chose Purdue (and I wish Painter had the ability to recruit someone like Romeo once in a while).

Not sure why you are so inflammatory. You just sound childish

Reactions: cosmickid

B) you are arguing the same thing I am arguing. Having team success in high school has little to no impact on college/pro potential a la Michael Jordan. I was using MJ to make a point refuting another silly poster trying to argue that simply because Romeo is going to IU and didn’t win a state title his senior year, he’s really “not that good.” Which is ridiculous. We’d be praising Romeo as a godsend if he chose Purdue (and I wish Painter had the ability to recruit someone like Romeo once in a while).

Incorrect. I do comprehend what you're saying.

If you're saying the same thing I am, it's inappropriate to be inflammatory and childish.

I dont think there is a definitive way to say if he was the team leader or not. Just because you are a sophomore, doesn't mean you cant be a leader.

He was definitely the guy that the rest of the team looked to to carry the scoring load though.

No need to be so hostile, chap.

There's nothing at all hostile there, chap. If you're hurt by my rather mild post, you might want to grow some thicker skin before hopping on the 'net and reading others' opinions.

Reactions: BoiledSteel

85 doesn’t brush his teeth because an IU student invented Crest toothpaste.

If he found out an IU grad discovered the earth was round he would immediately become a flat earther.

That’s just the type of low brow unintelligent individual you are dealing with.

Just remember the dude thinks Skyline chili is good.

If he found out an IU grad discovered the earth was round he would immediately become a flat earther.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll refrain from engaging with him in the future haha.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Incorrect. I do comprehend what you're saying.

If you're saying the same thing I am, it's inappropriate to be inflammatory and childish.

Your first response to my post was a non sequitur, exhibiting your fundamental inability to grasp my point. Now you are just trolling.

You're wrong about IU inventions.

It was an IU grad who invented the toilet seat.

A Purdue engineer improved the design by drilling a hole in it . . . .

You do realize James Blackmon averaged 16 pts as a freshman right. You dont think Romeo is a better scorer than Blackmon?

Romeo will get a lot of rebounds, because it will be guards trying to block him out. You will see the same thing with Eastern.
as long as Romeo stays injury free, he easily is capable of 18ppg. The kid can score at all 3 levels.

Yep, he did. And NA averaged over 70 per game so where did those other 40+ come from. Point is, Romeo is a very good player who has been surrounded by very good talent his entire career. Put him at Madison-Grant, Eastbrook, Alexandria, or any other small school and he doesn't enjoy that advantage.

Yep, he did. And NA averaged over 70 per game so where did those other 40+ come from. Point is, Romeo is a very good player who has been surrounded by very good talent his entire career. Put him at Madison-Grant, Eastbrook, Alexandria, or any other small school and he doesn't enjoy that advantage.
Put Romeo at a 1A school and he probably averages close to 50/gm. None of the "very good talent" he played with are D1 players. Sean East's biggest offer was a Juco. Romeo was undoubtedly the catalyst that carried his team to the championship in his sophomore year. That includes a 46 point game in semi state to get them to state.

Put Romeo at a 1A school and he probably averages close to 50/gm. None of the "very good talent" he played with are D1 players. Sean East's biggest offer was a Juco. Romeo was undoubtedly the catalyst that carried his team to the championship in his sophomore year. That includes a 46 point game in semi state to get them to state.

Good grief, dude. We get it already. You love Romeo.

We should start calling you IU fans "Juliet".

As in, "there's a post from another Juliet."

Good grief, dude. We get it already. You love Romeo.

We should start calling you IU fans "Juliet".

As in, "there's a post from another Juliet."
If people want to continue to give their opinions on IU players, I will continue to give mine.

Did not say as good, not close to Langford.

Well another iu poster said Romeo would average 1/2 of his hs totals(17.5,6,2). I guess Hunter will too. Too lazy to look it up but I’m guessing 12.5,4,3. I’ll take that!

Our forum is all in agreement that Romeo will be good. Actually this might be the only forum that doesn't think that.
Actually, only one person said Romeo isn’t as good as advertised and he was trolling IU fans and it appears it has convinced you to change all of our minds.
In reality, I think most folks here think Romeo is good, but won’t be enough to make IU a better team than Purdue this season.

Actually, only one person said Romeo isn’t as good as advertised and he was trolling IU fans and it appears it has convinced you to change all of our minds.
In reality, I think most folks here think Romeo is good, but won’t be enough to make IU a better team than Purdue this season.

It’s the Snu tactic. Find 1 post saying something silly and accuse an entire fan base of being delusional.

Please iu fans, don’t be as stupid as Snu

To be really accurate, one person dared to leave Romeo off a list, then here came all the Juliets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT