ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: Michigan State at Purdue

Great all around game by Purdue and especially Edey. On a side note, I watched the second half of KY and KS last night. Game was officiated differently than any Big 10 game. Edey would be at the free throw line 15 times a game if the game were officiated somewhat correctly. Today's officials were inconsistent and allowed too much physical play. That will hurt the Big 10 in March.

Great all around game by Purdue and especially Edey. On a side note, I watched the second half of KY and KS last night. Game was officiated differently than any Big 10 game. Edey would be at the free throw line 15 times a game if the game were officiated somewhat correctly. Today's officials were inconsistent and allowed too much physical play. That will hurt the Big 10 in March.

My only fear is the Big 10 hasnt been calling the phantom Edey is too big fouls he got in previous years. I think he might get some undeserved fouls in the Tourney and could run into foul trouble.

9 TOs. Much better. When they play smart, they win big. Keep rolling, Boilers.

Pretty good decisions today for the most part - biggest criticism I guess is the FT's.....but if you have an off day, good that it didn't make a difference.

Furst and Gillis with four assists apiece......good to see some big spark from Jenks - that can really pay off down the line.

Looking forward to that MSU fan telling us to once again enjoy our last victory against his mighty spartans. What was it again? The natural order of things? :)
The natural order of things is State being run out of Mackey and assorted Sparties busted for felonies.

Happily for Tom the latter was covered this academic year by MeLLLLLLL Tucker's crew.

Painter said that Zach's return was due to MSU putting their big guys back in. Not sure I buy that and feel tthey could have gone with TKR to build him up.
that's bullsh@t because msu doesn't have any big guys. Sissoko is a foul machine, the kid from Utah is OK and the other guy w/ the slanted forehead he's only a frosh

Looking forward to that MSU fan telling us to once again enjoy our last victory against his mighty spartans. What was it again? The natural order of things? :)
Walker wasn't too mighty today and that helped. The announcers kept bringing up Doogie Hauser, I've never seen him have a good game

Another good W fellas.

Knocked out 6.85 miles. 861 Cals on the moving floor machine.

Time to go pick up the filets, baked potatoes, asparagus and wedge salad and put some of those calories back on for NFL watching dinner.

I think I’ll open a nice bottle of Cab in celebration.
good dinner xcept for the Po's, I'll be opening a Cab myself later

Reactions: bonefish1
Sorry everyone......late to the party with this one......any snacks left?

62bc8a5f-a893-451e-ae13-8759516b5959-MD7_3018.jpg

You guys really think Painter was going to say he left Edey in to get 40 on national television?! Lol. Yes he left him in the game to get 40 so what Izzy can suck it. He answered the question in a professional fashion by directing his answer towards something else. Move on and Boiler Up no big deal!

Last edited:
This team is unbelievable. I love them tremendously. Everyone stars in their role, zero egos. This is the best "TEAM" I have ever seen. I really hope it comes with a long and deep tourney run, if any TEAM deserves this, it is this one, and if any fanbase deserves it, it is US!

Reactions: DrEss
Every year for that fan base. Jesus, the poor trolls can't get enough of us. Always on our board. I guess, you can call it obsessed.
Aren't you the same guy who said, "Indiana is ranked every year and falls out."

What really impressed me today was our rotations on defense. Michigan State really only got points when their guards broke down ours 1-on-1. Their motion was completely negated by our defensive rotations.

This team is unbelievable. I love them tremendously. Everyone stars in their role, zero egos. This is the best "TEAM" I have ever seen. I really hope it comes with a long and deep tourney run, if any TEAM deserves this, it is this one, and if any fanbase deserves it, it is US!
Jenkins did an interview and was asked if he was bothered going from starter minutes to a reserve bench guy. His response was “I’m on the #1 team in the country, that’s all that matters”.

In the eyes of their fanbase.
I don't think that matters. I'm pretty sure he said it, proved him wrong, like VERY wrong.. never heard anything after. But it may have been someone else. Oh well. Purdue definitely seems like the Big Tens best chance to reach the Final Four and win a title. Indiana probably right behind them. Rutgers doesn't have the offense and plays to much rugby for tourney officials. Northwestern doesn't have the talent. I won't be surprised when Purdue is the only B1G team in the Sweet 16.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Maybe I'm way off guys.... But I feel like the CBS coverage was like an infomercial for PU. If you watched the 1/2 hour post game show on CBS they spent pretty much the whole 30 minutes loving on PU and Edey. Had a feature with mostly him and his mom speaking. It was the same during the 15 minute show leading up to the game and the halftime show. I even told my wife after the post game show, that was the most national coverage I've ever seen PU get.

I don't think that matters. I'm pretty sure he said it, proved him wrong, like VERY wrong.. never heard anything after. But it may have been someone else. Oh well. Purdue definitely seems like the Big Tens best chance to reach the Final Four and win a title. Indiana probably right behind them. Rutgers doesn't have the offense and plays to much rugby for tourney officials. Northwestern doesn't have the talent. I won't be surprised when Purdue is the only B1G team in the Sweet 16.
You responded to that someone else in a different thread. So, you PROVED yourself wrong.

Listen, this ACT is a joke of pretending to be here as a nice guest. B1G, Trojan or whatever you call yourself these days. Your BS doesn't work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT