ADVERTISEMENT

How Painter stays

I’m talking about top recruits (ie Gary Harris, Swanigan (only recruiting real recruiting win), Mitch McGary, chasson randle, seller just to name a few)

Well the recruits I listed were almost ALL, top 100. 3 were top 50 at one time or another, of those 1 is a top 20. Again Google is your friend.

How many ALL B1G guys and ALL Americans does CMP have to recruit & coach before you give up your silly notion that he can't recruit?

The guy has recruited several ALL Americans....Hummel, JJ, Hammonds, Moore, Ivey, Swanigan, Williams, Edey all were/will be/been on one AA team or another or pushing hard for it. Think he has more AAs than any other B10 coach?

Reactions: Ajas0810
Painter is not a good recruiter. Look at his class rankings.

How many AAs does he need to coach before you give up this notion he can't recruit. I think he had coached more than any other B10 coach?

Sure we agree he is likely the worst NCAAT in history. Sure his class rankings have been lower than some.

But 4 B10 championships and 2 B10 tournament championships are good enough results for me. And yes I know all you care about is March.

How many AAs does he need to coach before you give up this notion he can't recruit. I think he had coached more than any other B10 coach?

Sure we agree he is likely the worst NCAAT in history. Sure his class rankings have been lower than some.

But 4 B10 championships and 2 B10 tournament championships are good enough results for me. And yes I know all you care about is March.
So, you have low expectations. At least you own it.
But, we don’t get National publications like USA Today with articles about B10 championships.

Maybe I’ll reach out to Colvin and Catchings myself. I can guarantee some other coaches already have today. You heard it here first.
Good! You are coming out of the tantrum phase and into the dark humor phase. We are making progress.

You know from watching politics that you should never make decisions from emotional, knee-jerk reactions. Cooler heads should prevail, using logic and critical thinking. Last night, you forgot.

Good! You are coming out of the tantrum phase and into the dark humor phase. We are making progress.

You know from watching politics that you should never make decisions from emotional, knee-jerk reactions. Cooler heads should prevail, using logic and critical thinking. Last night, you forgot.
This isn’t knee jerk. You know I’ve been wanting to get rid of Painter in favor of Shaka for a long time.

Oh Lil Andy, you have so much to learn. Blessed be your little heart.

With regards to Painter, my grandpa use to say "that dog just ain't gonna hunt". What's the definition of insanity? That's all the analogies I can think of at 6am.
One more, let's quit hitting our head against brick wall!

He will not adjust , so either accept this or move on. I don’t like it either but it’s reality. If he didn’t use a zone with this team he never will.

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
I don’t think it’s fair to call fans idiots just for being unhappy for the lack of performance come March.

It’s been almost two decades of mediocrity. We had a window when IU had that cheating scandal with Sampson but somehow they still attract noticeably superior (raw) talent compared to us as a program.

Why is that? Our academics are superior, we are closer to Chicago, and our facilities (IIRC but I could be wrong) are now better.

Why aren’t recruits coming here?
Money

Have you seen some of the articles the national news outlets have written about our program in the last 24 hours or so? (USA today for example)
I was listening to BBC radio on Saturday morning. Even they mentioned the upset loss! Our failure has gone global.

• Wow
Reactions: clankhan
Pretty sure he will adjust. Nothing like the nation thinking you are a choker to make you better.
We’ll see. I hope you’re right, but he hasn’t yet, even getting beat by lower seeded teams in the past. He stays the same.

I am sure Painter would LOVE to be fired. Someone would pay him a million more to coach their team hours after we fire him. We have 40 years of stability and success and he's going nowhere. He does need to CHANGE though. Agree there.

I am sure Painter would LOVE to be fired. Someone would pay him a million more to coach their team hours after we fire him. We have 40 years of stability and success and he's going nowhere. He does need to CHANGE though. Agree there.
I know he won’t leave. I said all along he’s a good guy, runs a honest program, good big ten coach, but just like Keady , he’s a horrible tournament coach. He needs to quit being so stubborn and change up things a little, and recruit better athletic players.

I know he won’t leave. I said all along he’s a good guy, runs a honest program, good big ten coach, but just like Keady , he’s a horrible tournament coach. He needs to quit being so stubborn and change up things a little, and recruit better athletic players.
You don’t “recruit better athletic players”. You “buy” them. And we are losing the bidding wars, unfortunately.

You don’t “recruit better athletic players”. You “buy” them. And we are losing the bidding wars, unfortunately.
I agree somewhat. But do you really think that teams like FDU andSt.Peters buy their players. I don’t think so. There are plenty of athletic players like Carson Edwards, you just have to find that type of player.

I agree somewhat. But do you really think that teams like FDU andSt.Peters buy their players. I don’t think so. There are plenty of athletic players like Carson Edwards, you just have to find that type of player.
Sure we could have FDUs entire starting five on campus by the end of the week.

But we can’t compete in the 20 game B1G season and tournament with a team that small. We’d never make it to the NCAA.

This isn’t knee jerk. You know I’ve been wanting to get rid of Painter in favor of Shaka for a long time.
And that's the punch line to your joke. You are so emotional about Painter, you would settle for Shaka. And you would wish that Purdue lose some of the top recruits in school history because you don't like Painter.

That is clearly a temper tantrum from a child who isn't getting his way. What next? Are you going to run out in front of a car to teach everyone a lesson?

Reactions: Schnelk
Sure we could have FDUs entire starting five on campus by the end of the week.

But we can’t compete in the 20 game B1G season and tournament with a team that small. We’d never make it to the NCAA.
I didn’t say the whole team. He was talking about paying players. I was saying they are not being paid.

And that's the punch line to your joke. You are so emotional about Painter, you would settle for Shaka. And you would wish that Purdue lose some of the top recruits in school history because you don't like Painter.

That is clearly a temper tantrum from a child who isn't getting his way. What next? Are you going to run out in front of a car to teach everyone a lesson?
This child is 66 years old, and I’ve been a Purdue fan longer than you probably have been alive. I’ve seen a lot of basketball and I think I know a little about what kind of players it takes, and Painter doesn’t recruit that kind of athlete. Your running out in front of a car shows your immaturity. Wow, I guess people can’t have opinions, only you!

• Wow
Reactions: Schnelk and tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT