ADVERTISEMENT

hopefully the players keep emotions in check saturday

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
I watched the Iowa replay and Marvin Grant ( who has really come on this year) got that one post play 15 yarder and almost got another one , where he was starting to stare down the receiver after almost making an INT , luckily 2 other DB's pulled him away. The crowd and players will really be amped up this week and hopefully we will not have any dumb mistakes keep their drives alive.

I watched the Iowa replay and Marvin Grant ( who has really come on this year) got that one post play 15 yarder and almost got another one , where he was starting to stare down the receiver after almost making an INT , luckily 2 other DB's pulled him away. The crowd and players will really be amped up this week and hopefully we will not have any dumb mistakes keep their drives alive.
I agree. In past seasons the refs would have flagged him for that. It seems the BIG refs are letting the guys play more freely than in past seasons. Less holding calls. They let more after-play chirping go on. They seem to be allowing somewhat more contact by DBs on WRs.

You bring up a really good point. Besides the overall improved play of the defense, they have been, for the most part, been playing with discipline. No body slamming the QB. No targeting ejections. No late hits. Minimal personal fouls (yeah, that one on Grant was embarassing but at least he made up for it with his play). Let's hope they can maintain that fine line of controlled aggression.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT