ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers getting boat raced at home...

This x100. DD is butt hurt at Archie and IU in general because his buddy Alford didn't get the job. And he's probably even more angry now that Alford got fired, because it just makes him look even dumber for proclaiming how IU needed him. If Alford was coaching IU right now DD would be telling us to wait and see how much better the team will be when everyone gets healthy. As it is he takes every opportunity there is to smear the team and Archie, no matter how irrational.
You didn't ask, but here's what I believe...Had Alford replaced Knight, IU would own recruiting in the state, they would have made at least a couple of runs at a National title and might have even won one, and no one would be bitching about Davis, Sampson, Crean, or Lil' Arch.

I don’t agree they have more talented underclass men than Purdue. Our young Boilermakers are getting better and better each game. That only happens when you add experiience and quality coaching to their inate talent. Difference is they may not have all the stars...But then again neither did CE. PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.
Bonefish is going to get PO'd at you for saying quality coching and Painter in the same sentence.

Reactions: BBG
You didn't ask, but here's what I believe...Had Alford replaced Knight, IU would own recruiting in the state, they would have made at least a couple of runs at a National title and might have even won one, and no one would be bitching about Davis, Sampson, Crean, or Lil' Arch.

There is nothing on his D1 resume to support this...

Reactions: Frankie611

He has proved over and over, wherever he goes, that he is just not that great a coach. He can recruit, at least at a place like UCLA. But he wasn’t all that impressive with that talent. Now if he had taken over for Knight, I think fans would have embraced it, because he’s an IU legend. However, he would have been a mediocre coach like all the others, but IU would have kept him employed for WAY too long simply due to his name. That’s not what I want; A coach who isn’t great but is hard to get rid of because many fans would be upset.

He has proved over and over, wherever he goes, that he is just not that great a coach. He can recruit, at least at a place like UCLA. But he wasn’t all that impressive with that talent. Now if he had taken over for Knight, I think fans would have embraced it, because he’s an IU legend. However, he would have been a mediocre coach like all the others, but IU would have kept him employed for WAY too long simply due to his name. That’s not what I want; A coach who isn’t great but is hard to get rid of because many fans would be upset.
I am not for or against Alford. I just think it takes time and experience to grow from a mediocre coach to a good coach. If the person in question can continue to improve, then he may get there eventually.

You really hate Steve don't you? Are you happy with LIl' Arch?

I am not for or against Alford. I just think it takes time and experience to grow from a mediocre coach to a good coach. If the person in question can continue to improve, then he may get there eventually.
Stevie’s been a head coach for like 27 years, so...

Indiana has seen point guards go off recently.

Zavier Simpson 12 points 4 assists
Anthony Cowan 24 points 7 assists
Glynn Watson 15 points 2 assists

Their point guards in Green and Phinnissee are atrocious defensively. Guards get into the lane at will and create plays for thenselves and others.

I am so happy Purdue has Nojel Eastern, who mostly puts a stop to that kind of stuff.

Phinnissee would not even play for Purdue so its hilarious to see so many Purdue fans mad because he made a lucky shot at Butler.
We get it, you love Eastern...

Reactions: BoilerIron

Didn't IU make it to the national title game two years removed from Knight? Alford is a poor coach at best. He wasn't good at Iowa, teams at New Mexico were vastly overrated once they actually had to play good teams in the tournament, and he was only barely able to hold his head above water at UCLA because UCLA recruits itself. He's a flat out bad coach and his stint at UCLA proves that despite having elite talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Didn't IU make it to the national title game two years removed from Knight? Alford is a poor coach at best. He wasn't good at Iowa, teams at New Mexico were vastly overrated at New Mexico once they actually had to play good teams in the tournament, and he was only barely able to hold his head above water at UCLA because UCLA recruits itself. He's a flat out bad coach and his stint at UCLA proves that despite having elite talent.
Had a lot of brackets destroyed by those New Mexico teams.

You really hate Steve don't you? Are you happy with LIl' Arch?
Can't speak for him.....but I am. What is it with you and Alford? 20 plus seasons as a HC, and never beyond a SW16. Had a losing record in the Big 10...Had talent galore at UCLA. Naddda there as well. Why are you so adamant he would have been successful at Indiana? Because he played at IU...? Was an icon at IU.....Won a title? Well shit....then maybe we should ahve went after Isiah Thomas.....Scott may.....Quinn Buckner.

Oh wait....none of those were ALSO Indiana HS legends.

Ok......Maybe should have looked at Bailey? Oh, wait...He didn't win a title at IU.

If Alford had played HS basketball in Montana, college in Wyoming, there wouldn't be a discussion about him, and the IU job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT