ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers getting boat raced at home...

You all talk a good game....I’ll give you that. Yes, IU is struggling right now. They have two studs, but to this point no one else can step up consistently to fill out the roster. I have hope that will get figured out as the season goes on. I think the #3 guy needs to be Phinisee, but unfortunately he missed 3 weeks with a concussion and is just now getting back into game shape. I hope he’s back to normal quickly or it could be ugly. I still think the team has enough talent to be a force in the conference, but it certainly hasn’t come together as quickly as I hoped. Injuries haven’t helped, I would love to have Hunter and Race out there, but that’s no excuse and they need to figure it out.

Should be fun on Saturday, I think Purdue pulls it out because they’ve looked pretty great at home. But who knows, I hope it’s a turnaround game for IU.
What’s the deal with Demezi? Is this 3 or 4 straight DNPs? Thought I read he might be injured but never saw a confirmation.

What’s the deal with Demezi? Is this 3 or 4 straight DNPs? Thought I read he might be injured but never saw a confirmation.
He's not injured. He's just not there yet defensively apparently. I think he should be playing over McBob, but who knows. With Durham likely out Saturday he may get some PT.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Well, most IU fans are renters, not owners, so losing that bet isn’t as financially significant as it would be for a Purdue grad.
Dakich has a pre Nebraska game twitter poll asking why the lack of reaction to iu basketball. It ain't hard to figure out - when 90% of your fanbase has zero affiliation with your university then its real easy to jump off the wagon and jump back into your meth filled mobile home.

Dakich has a pre Nebraska game twitter poll asking why the lack of reaction to iu basketball. It ain't hard to figure out - when 90% of your fanbase has zero affiliation with your university then its real easy to jump off the wagon and jump back into your meth filled mobile home.
To be fair, they're not all meth heads. Some of them prefer opioids.

And now Dakich is sobbing about having put too much of his life into iu basketball to not take it personal. Those closest to the situation are often times the last to realize the truth. He's really struggling to understand why all of those iu fans just don't care anymore. Most days I find twitter to be the downfall of our society but days like today renew my faith as I get to to witness firsthand the meltdown of delusional iu fans slowly coming to grips with the new reality that is iu basketball.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Lil' Arch was what....the 7th choice after all the others turned IU down? I said at the time he's not the answer, and Knight's endorsement was Knight jacking with IU fans.
And now Dakich is sobbing about having put too much of his life into iu basketball to not take it personal. Those closest to the situation are often times the last to realize the truth. He's really struggling to understand why all of those iu fans just don't care anymore. Most days I find twitter to be the downfall of our society but days like today renew my faith as I get to to witness firsthand the meltdown of delusional iu fans slowly coming to grips with the new reality that is iu basketball.

mil·len·nial...that's the reason. Born from 81-96 they've never experienced a title that they can remember and with them, it's all about instant and personal gratification. All they've known is Davis, Sampson, Crean, and now Lil' Arch. And like NoCourtSense, most still are living in their parents basement or garage while working at McDonald's.

What worries me is that we play man to man. These teams are beating IU by making them shoot from the perimeter. Purdue is going to have to keep there man in front of them.
I am a man person and anyone that reads much that I write knows that. However, I sat there in amazement that a 1-3-1 could begin to give IU trouble. How IU could not destroy that on the baseline amazes me. Now, Miles is known for match up and since I don't recall IU sending players through the zone to see if handoffs took place I couldn't tell if it was a matchup...and like most zones...after the first pass they all kinds resemble a 2-3. I mean just thinking of Romeo roaming the FT line and Smith and Morgan on that single guy on the baseline with two "decent " shooters. I have seen before a 1-3-1 for whatever reason baffle me as to why it would work, but in a few very rare occasions I actually see it. Now that is not to suggest that another D approach wouldn't also be as effective, but why IU didn't kill that is baffling

Reactions: Do Dah Day
You all talk a good game....I’ll give you that. Yes, IU is struggling right now. They have two studs, but to this point no one else can step up consistently to fill out the roster. I have hope that will get figured out as the season goes on. I think the #3 guy needs to be Phinisee, but unfortunately he missed 3 weeks with a concussion and is just now getting back into game shape. I hope he’s back to normal quickly or it could be ugly. I still think the team has enough talent to be a force in the conference, but it certainly hasn’t come together as quickly as I hoped. Injuries haven’t helped, I would love to have Hunter and Race out there, but that’s no excuse and they need to figure it out.

Should be fun on Saturday, I think Purdue pulls it out because they’ve looked pretty great at home. But who knows, I hope it’s a turnaround game for IU.
This game is rarely not close

mil·len·nial...that's the reason. Born from 81-96 they've never experienced a title that they can remember and with them, it's all about instant and personal gratification. All they've known is Davis, Sampson, Crean, and now Lil' Arch. And like NoCourtSense, most still are living in their parents basement or garage while working at McDonald's.
For the love of God, please leave.

Dakich on his show ripping the Pres (of IU), the AD and Arch pretty badly. Had Mike Lewis on also. Said Lewis or Fife would be good coaches at IU.

Doyel also said last night he’s never seen a less loyal fan base than IU BB, other than maybe the Miami Heat. Ouch.

Doyel also said last night he’s never seen a less loyal fan base than IU BB, other than maybe the Miami Heat. Ouch.
The new normal of iu basketball is setting in and the bandwagoners are jumping ship like they're on the Titanic.

The new normal of iu basketball is setting in and the bandwagoners are jumping ship like they're on the Titanic.

I think that the USS Indianapolis is a better reference. The North Atlantic water was too cold. Plus, the geography fits better as well.

I know some on here we’re high on Phinesee, but he got abused by Watson in the second half.

Indiana has seen point guards go off recently.

Zavier Simpson 12 points 4 assists
Anthony Cowan 24 points 7 assists
Glynn Watson 15 points 2 assists

Their point guards in Green and Phinnissee are atrocious defensively. Guards get into the lane at will and create plays for thenselves and others.

I am so happy Purdue has Nojel Eastern, who mostly puts a stop to that kind of stuff.

Phinnissee would not even play for Purdue so its hilarious to see so many Purdue fans mad because he made a lucky shot at Butler.

Indiana has seen point guards go off recently.

Zavier Simpson 12 points 4 assists
Anthony Cowan 24 points 7 assists
Glynn Watson 15 points 2 assists

Their point guards in Green and Phinnissee are atrocious defensively. Guards get into the lane at will and create plays for thenselves and others.

I am so happy Purdue has Nojel Eastern, who mostly puts a stop to that kind of stuff.

Phinnissee would not even play for Purdue so its hilarious to see so many Purdue fans mad because he made a lucky shot at Butler.
:D:D:D

Reactions: Betas
My uncle love4beer/Courtsensetwo is having a complete meltdown on the Hoosier board right now. No, he’s not lying about crowd size or bragging on how much money he makes. He’s calling for extra security for Romeo and Phinisee on Saturday!
Awww. How about a security blankie?

Reactions: Schnelk
we have to beat RU first .

giphy.gif
Mission accomplished

I finally got around to listening to Dakich's rant on Indiana basketball today and I have to say - Dakich really is the GOAT. He just gets it. So much passion in that rant.

They are now praying for football season to start when Notre Dame tales the field.

I am a man person and anyone that reads much that I write knows that. However, I sat there in amazement that a 1-3-1 could begin to give IU trouble. How IU could not destroy that on the baseline amazes me. Now, Miles is known for match up and since I don't recall IU sending players through the zone to see if handoffs took place I couldn't tell if it was a matchup...and like most zones...after the first pass they all kinds resemble a 2-3. I mean just thinking of Romeo roaming the FT line and Smith and Morgan on that single guy on the baseline with two "decent " shooters. I have seen before a 1-3-1 for whatever reason baffle me as to why it would work, but in a few very rare occasions I actually see it. Now that is not to suggest that another D approach wouldn't also be as effective, but why IU didn't kill that is baffling
As a long-time coach who never got to scout future teams (AAU is a take 'em as they come deal), I always told my team to go say thank-you to the other team when they played a 1-3-1 .... just reverse their numbers and go to a 2-1-2 offense ... no way that poor guy on the baseline can run from one corner to the other.

Reactions: tjreese
Those closest to the situation are often times the last to realize the truth. He's really struggling to understand why all of those iu fans just don't care anymore. Most days I find twitter to be the downfall of our society but days like today renew my faith as I get to to witness firsthand the meltdown of delusional iu fans slowly coming to grips with the new reality that is iu basketball.

Funny you should mention. Which fan bases follow their program the most:

And here's the 130 most-followed college men's basketball teams on Twitter for more perspective. Zoom in.

Dw552GkUwAACYW3.jpg

2:21 PM - 14 Jan 2019

As a long-time coach who never got to scout future teams (AAU is a take 'em as they come deal), I always told my team to go say thank-you to the other team when they played a 1-3-1 .... just reverse their numbers and go to a 2-1-2 offense ... no way that poor guy on the baseline can run from one corner to the other.
exactly the alignment I would use

Yeah, DD turned on Lil Archie quicker than he turned on Clappy.
I think DD knows something about Arch that the general public does not. Awhile back he was insinuating possible ncaa violations, but then he went quiet about that after the IU fanbase backlash.

I think DD knows something about Arch that the general public does not. Awhile back he was insinuating possible ncaa violations, but then he went quiet about that after the IU fanbase backlash.

I think DD is embarrassed in his "Alford to IU" done deal plea and is putting Archie under a microscope to justify why IU should have hired Alford instead of Archie. I'm guessing DD isn't ripping IU had it been Alford that lost to Nebraska the other night.

I’m gonna disagree. He also “knew Brohm to Lousiville” was a done deal.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Yeah they will lose by far their best 2 players, but they do have a lot of talented underclassmen, and a few more than PU currently has. Whether they are busts or not time will tell. The difference is PU seems on more solid footing, whereas I could see 3 IU players departing as is their norm.

I don’t agree they have more talented underclass men than Purdue. Our young Boilermakers are getting better and better each game. That only happens when you add experiience and quality coaching to their inate talent. Difference is they may not have all the stars...But then again neither did CE. PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

Reactions: Purdue85 and BBG
I don’t agree they have more talented underclass men than Purdue. Our young Boilermakers are getting better and better each game. That only happens when you add experiience and quality coaching to their inate talent. Difference is they may not have all the stars...But then again neither did CE. PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

Another factor: watch the interaction between experienced vs inexperienced players on the court.

These young Purdue players are being coached ON the floor as much as off the floor.

The upper class appear to me to be all class.

Funny you should mention. Which fan bases follow their program the most:

And here's the 130 most-followed college men's basketball teams on Twitter for more perspective. Zoom in.

Dw552GkUwAACYW3.jpg

2:21 PM - 14 Jan 2019

I was happy to see boilerball at 24. Higher than I would have guessed

I think DD is embarrassed in his "Alford to IU" done deal plea and is putting Archie under a microscope to justify why IU should have hired Alford instead of Archie. I'm guessing DD isn't ripping IU had it been Alford that lost to Nebraska the other night.

This x100. DD is butt hurt at Archie and IU in general because his buddy Alford didn't get the job. And he's probably even more angry now that Alford got fired, because it just makes him look even dumber for proclaiming how IU needed him. If Alford was coaching IU right now DD would be telling us to wait and see how much better the team will be when everyone gets healthy. As it is he takes every opportunity there is to smear the team and Archie, no matter how irrational.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT