ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson update

So he has that quote "gut feeling" then cancels the other 2 but keeps the Purdue visit??? Either he's just doing Johnson and Purdue a solid by still taking the visit but isn't coming or you would think he is leaning our way. Why would he still take the Purdue visit otherwise if the gut feeling was say MSU. Maybe overthinking this announcement tho...just my thoughts.

You can only get better with good competition and when he arrives he will give all our returning guards all they can handle

Reactions: Boiler Buck
So he has that quote "gut feeling" then cancels the other 2 but keeps the Purdue visit??? Either he's just doing Johnson and Purdue a solid by still taking the visit but isn't coming or you would think he is leaning our way. Why would he still take the Purdue visit otherwise if the gut feeling was say MSU. Maybe overthinking this announcement tho...just my thoughts.
Yeah very strange. We will find out soon.

From other places I've read he's got a few very pro-Purdue people I his inner circle. But the way he worded it in the article, he's already got his mind made up and is just making sure Purdue isn't going to somehow blow him away during his visit

From other places I've read he's got a few very pro-Purdue people I his inner circle. But the way he worded it in the article, he's already got his mind made up and is just making sure Purdue isn't going to somehow blow him away during his visit
Well his dad is Coach Johnson’s best friend from growing up and they played together lol.

There’s a 90% chance that he’s keeping the Purdue date because of the relationship, but that other 10% would be pretty crazy.

Also could be that he crossed MSU off after his visit this past weekend and will commit while on campus next weekend. That makes some sense. Obviously has been to campus numerous times, I would imagine, and been in contact with coaches for 3 yrs now. Not like the official visit would mean as much as some out of state players making their first visit to campus.

Also could be that he crossed MSU off after his visit this past weekend and will commit while on campus next weekend. That makes some sense. Obviously has been to campus numerous times, I would imagine, and been in contact with coaches for 3 yrs now. Not like the official visit would mean as much as some out of state players making their first visit to campus.
Genuine question, do players actually commit these days “on the spot” or during the visit? I feel like they hold press conferences to announce nowadays.

Reactions: 02BoilerUp

Yes the MSU visit was either a home run, or just so-so, and he's tired of this process and has a good feeling about Purdue. I would bet the former just because of the timing, but good luck to CMP's staff in any case.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think they do. It seems the coaches have silent verbals and respect the kids desires to do their thing.
Yeah, that's probably a good point. There's a difference between what coaches and players communicate with each other versus what's communicated publicly.

or very close to being in the lead I suspect.
Wow, you guys are optimistic, I hope you're right!

I've moved my outlook from <5% to maybe 20% but this would be an amazing 'get'. I love the current roster but unless Myles or Cam 'blow up' I don't think there's a lottery pick-type talent that most NC teams seem to have. Haralson could be that guy.

Wow, you guys are optimistic, I hope you're right!

I've moved my outlook from <5% to maybe 20% but this would be an amazing 'get'. I love the current roster but unless Myles or Cam 'blow up' I don't think there's a lottery pick-type talent that most NC teams seem to have. Haralson could be that guy.
certainly those two were in my mind as potential issues or things in play. I don't know anything about Haralson as far as his shooting. I believe they put him on Braden to try to stop Braden in the Carmel sectional and they both no doubt have grown a lot since

Reactions: northside100
I think it’s a big selling point.

Come be our Stephon Castle type piece to our 2026 run. Seeing as we just got there it’s something a kid could buy into pretty easy.

Haralson has always liked us and the staff. I just don’t think he previously saw us as a match for his talent. Coming off the final 4 and 2 lottery picks in 3 years that certainly looks a lot different now!

Agree. It will obviously depend upon how this year shakes out but if the team is good this year and lands Haralson I'd go so far as to say that they're the NC favorites next season.
Would also be interesting if we only land 1-3 guys in the 26 class, if painter would look to/use the portal to fill out those spots. Wonder what type of player(s) he’d go after?? 🤨

Reactions: pboiler18
Would also be interesting if we only land 1-3 guys in the 26 class, if painter would look to/use the portal to fill out those spots. Wonder what type of player(s) he’d go after?? 🤨
Good question. That question gets a lot more interesting if Purdue doesn't land Haralson. If MP lands Haralson and everyone stays and is healthy, I don't know where there'd be room for a portal addition.

Good question. That question gets a lot more interesting if Purdue doesn't land Haralson. If MP lands Haralson and everyone stays and is healthy, I don't know where there'd be room for a portal addition.
Agreed…and all speculation here BUT knowing JH is a (probably) one and done, I think we fill with another guard (West) and one of Sisley, Williams-Adams or Singleton.

Reactions: northside100
Purdue. Book it dano.....5.......0

Aloha, Suckers.......

66e88faa8598c299468420.gif

giphy.webp

I can not see Haralson choosing IU given the uncertainty with the coaching at IU…I think it’s down to the other schools: Purdue, ND and MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT