ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers getting boat raced at home...

Boat raced?

you have never heard the term?

"To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowing competition between Oxford and Cambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter."

Last edited:
I didn’t see very much from Arch in the timeout huddle. Hey we need to get it down to 10 and then 7 and then....

Reactions: PUQBMan.
you have never heard the term?

"To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowing competition between Oxford andCambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter."
Wow nice explanation, thanks! Very thorough.

Agreed; said it since his fresh year; wished we had him.
Also Archie will be feeling some heat in fantasy Hickville if they their 3rd in a row come Saturday in Mackey
They’ve already lost 3 straight... Michigan, Maryland and now Nebraska... or did I miss a win in there.

Reactions: Frankie611
IU sucks. Shocking, I know.
Cancer sucks too.

Candy striped clown pants are looking for a fourth straight loss. I'm rooting for them.

This will be the last time they are ranked in years.
Yeah they will lose by far their best 2 players, but they do have a lot of talented underclassmen, and a few more than PU currently has. Whether they are busts or not time will tell. The difference is PU seems on more solid footing, whereas I could see 3 IU players departing as is their norm.

Interesting to see they have 5x the toxic posters there. Their delusions of a top 5 team are fading fast.

Yeah they will lose by far their best 2 players, but they do have a lot of talented underclassmen, and a few more than PU currently has. Whether they are busts or not time will tell. The difference is PU seems on more solid footing, whereas I could see 3 IU players departing as is their norm.
They BETTER get Keion, or things aren’t looking so great for them next year.

Thankfully with Painter at the helm for the next couple decades we won't have to worry about that type of coaching clusterfark for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
IU looked apathetic tonight which scares me for Saturday that they right the ship for us.

For those attending make sure you give a nice welcome to Phinisee and Damezi Anderson.

They BETTER get Keion, or things aren’t looking so great for them next year.
"Come to Iu, Keion! Sure we wasted other top tier talent like Bracey Wright, DJ White, Robert Vaden, Eric Gordon, Cody Zeller, James Blackmon Jr, Noah Vonleh, Thomas Bryant, Deron Davis, and soon Romeo Langford. But this time it will be different!!! Banners!!!"

You all talk a good game....I’ll give you that. Yes, IU is struggling right now. They have two studs, but to this point no one else can step up consistently to fill out the roster. I have hope that will get figured out as the season goes on. I think the #3 guy needs to be Phinisee, but unfortunately he missed 3 weeks with a concussion and is just now getting back into game shape. I hope he’s back to normal quickly or it could be ugly. I still think the team has enough talent to be a force in the conference, but it certainly hasn’t come together as quickly as I hoped. Injuries haven’t helped, I would love to have Hunter and Race out there, but that’s no excuse and they need to figure it out.

Should be fun on Saturday, I think Purdue pulls it out because they’ve looked pretty great at home. But who knows, I hope it’s a turnaround game for IU.

Reactions: Carolsh
You all talk a good game....I’ll give you that. Yes, IU is struggling right now. They have two studs, but to this point no one else can step up consistently to fill out the roster. I have hope that will get figured out as the season goes on. I think the #3 guy needs to be Phinisee, but unfortunately he missed 3 weeks with a concussion and is just now getting back into game shape. I hope he’s back to normal quickly or it could be ugly. I still think the team has enough talent to be a force in the conference, but it certainly hasn’t come together as quickly as I hoped. Injuries haven’t helped, I would love to have Hunter and Race out there, but that’s no excuse and they need to figure it out.

Should be fun on Saturday, I think Purdue pulls it out because they’ve looked pretty great at home. But who knows, I hope it’s a turnaround game for IU.
Lil' Arch was what....the 7th choice after all the others turned IU down? I said at the time he's not the answer, and Knight's endorsement was Knight jacking with IU fans.

That said, IU scares me for Saturday. They've been lucky before.

Sorry, but no one cares about IU’s injuries.

My uncle love4beer/Courtsensetwo is having a complete meltdown on the Hoosier board right now. No, he’s not lying about crowd size or bragging on how much money he makes. He’s calling for extra security for Romeo and Phinisee on Saturday!

Reactions: pboiler18
Can we bring back Bryson Scott and his brother Brenton for a standing ovation before the game on Saturday?
we have to beat RU first .

giphy.gif

The IU pharmacy will make sure it’s a game. Their players will have no problem staying focused and on task Saturday.

I tuned in for some of the second half last night. Many of their fans in the front rows were wearing mud-caked field boots. Let’s Hope the 90 fans that make the trip from Bloomington rinse those things off before they are allowed in the greatest basketball venue the Big Ten has to offer.

(Lackof)courtsense posted yesterday that IU fans should "....bet the farm...." on IU giving 2 1/2 points for the Nebraska game. Today, he says he never bets. That is the definition of a jerk, telling others to do what you will not.

Reactions: Schnelk
(Lackof)courtsense posted yesterday that IU fans should "....bet the farm...." on IU giving 2 1/2 points for the Nebraska game. Today, he says he never bets. That is the definition of a jerk, telling others to do what you will not.
Well, most IU fans are renters, not owners, so losing that bet isn’t as financially significant as it would be for a Purdue grad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT