ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier Board

Have the officials or the BIG confirmed the original signal for the Tech was on Fran? Everyone seems to be assuming that, but from the replay it sure looked to me that the Tech was called on the IU assistant. The ref turns to tell Fran to backoff, then the IU assistant seems to yell something, and the ref turns back signals a Tech and points to the IU assistant. The IU assistant then seems more upset as if he thought the Tech was on him.
It seemed like chaos when I was watching it.

Reactions: mathboy
Mike Woodson is doing the right thing. Fran had no business going over to the Indiana bench. Furthermore, the refs should have enforced the technical, and given IU the ball. That game should have been an IU win.
I have no idea what that was about but how can you not call basket interference when a player is hanging on the rim.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Except this team can shoot. They are 38% on the season right now, 3rd in the B1G. They just don't know how to win.
I didn't believe this until I looked it up.

Amazing to see you all shot 50% from 3 and lost to Northwestern. Almost 40% against Iowa.... it is about having that grit/grind to win

Mike Woodson is doing the right thing. Fran had no business going over to the Indiana bench. Furthermore, the refs should have enforced the technical, and given IU the ball. That game should have been an IU win.
Should have been, but losing a 21 point lead and up 6 with 3:42 left.....that's on IU to finish. It's their fault they lost regardless of that bad call. IMO

Reactions: mathboy
Let's give them a couple of weeks before closing the book on them. Somewhere there has to be a few players that haven't hit the court much that will show effort, fight and smart play. They may not win with them, but the display if they did pull one off or almost got one might light a fire in some that are more talented. I'm not saying they will be as good, but they either lay down or pull together with the adversity and end up better than it looks right now. Again, not saying they will be towards the top but maybe somewhere above the bottom 2 or 3????
Yea we might finish 4th from the bottom I guess.

Reactions: Emartin70287

Amazing to see you all shot 50% from 3 and lost to Northwestern. Almost 40% against Iowa.... it is about having that grit/grind to win
Only shoot 19 a game but the 3pt shooting really isn't the problem at this very moment.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yea we might finish 4th from the bottom I guess.
That is better than you thought a few hours ago if it happens. ;) Nothing wrong with being a fan...especially when a team may be down.

Eventually being down just leads to fans not caring anymore.
Yes, for people that have no tie to the college and just like the team because of something. A lot of people that follow Purdue have some tie to the place that doesn't waver depending on wins. However, if you don't have that tie...that personal attachment for some reason or another and only care about a team, then yes I can understand apathy setting in. If you have that tie, apathy may set in a bit, but usually a fan that doesn't feel the pain of losing so much... ;)

I am coming around to the real winning formula in college basketball, I am going to do a post on this.

The board is completely downcast tonight after Team Shrews destroyed them. If not for playing Minny the last game of the month they're looking at a realistic 0 for January.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Yes, for people that have no tie to the college and just like the team because of something. A lot of people that follow Purdue have some tie to the place that doesn't waver depending on wins. However, if you don't have that tie...that personal attachment for some reason or another and only care about a team, then yes I can understand apathy setting in. If you have that tie, apathy may set in a bit, but usually a fan that doesn't feel the pain of losing so much... ;)
That doesn't even make sense. Like at all. If you don't feel the pain, you're not a fan. Eventually you go through enough pain, it becomes numb.

The board is completely downcast tonight after Team Shrews destroyed them. If not for playing Minny the last game of the month they're looking at a realistic 0 for January.
Considering that game is at the Barn... Probably won't win that.

That doesn't even make sense. Like at all. If you don't feel the pain, you're not a fan. Eventually you go through enough pain, it becomes numb.
If you have a tie to the school, then sports are not everything. If you have no tie to teh school, but just a fan of the sports...then it is everything. No matter what Purdue does in sports it is a fine school academically and I personally loved my time there. I'm sure it is easy to see I like my basketball, but I was still a fan of Purdue during down times and no matter what the teams did it didn't affect my time there or thoughts on the academics. The sports were not everything...maybe that comes with age?

IU MBB has some key players injured and not playing. That is enough to throw many teams into a tailspin. Tough situation for a coach whose fan base expects instant miracles and easy glory.

Go Purdue!
CoBo

Those IU fans do expect a whole bunch of glory, I refer to IU fans as Glory Whole Lovers.

Being 160 in scoring defense won't win to many games unless you have a top 5-10 offense. Their offense is actually pretty efficient, but teams are lighting them up and their offense can't overcome that deficiency.

That’s the question, he can probably make a lot of money staying at IU, however, if the season goes South maybe he wants to leave. IU losing isn’t on him, that team still can’t shoot, has zero depth after the injuries and isn’t playing near the defense they played last season.
Of course it's on him.
He's their STAR and the projected MVP of the whole fuggin league. (who the help voted for THAT??)
They are soft in (continuing) part because their star is soft. Must drive Dale crazy.
17/9 is good but not good enough considering what they need from him and expectations of others in projecting him as the class of the entire league.
DID THEY WATCH HIS GAMES THE PAST 4 YEARS? WTF....

Last edited:
If you have a tie to the school, then sports are not everything. If you have no tie to teh school, but just a fan of the sports...then it is everything. No matter what Purdue does in sports it is a fine school academically and I personally loved my time there. I'm sure it is easy to see I like my basketball, but I was still a fan of Purdue during down times and no matter what the teams did it didn't affect my time there or thoughts on the academics. The sports were not everything...maybe that comes with age?
Yea... I know plenty who went and graduated from IU. Friends and family... No one cares about its academics. They don't work there, they get nothing from it. Sports can bring joy. Being a good business school after you graduate? Literally useless.

Yea... I know plenty who went and graduated from IU. Friends and family... No one cares about its academics. They don't work there, they get nothing from it. Sports can bring joy. Being a good business school after you graduate? Literally useless.

You are saying an Indinia degree is worthless? Glad that wasn't the case with my Purdue degree.

You are saying an Indinia degree is worthless? Glad that wasn't the case with my Purdue degree.
Worthless? Nope. Does anyone care that you went to Purdue or Oregon State? Nope. Are you good at your job? Then no one cares. Sports are different. There is a completely separate level of care and admiration for sports. People care about academics as much as they care about under water basket weaving.

Worthless? Nope. Does anyone care that you went to Purdue or Oregon State? Nope. Are you good at your job? Then no one cares. Sports are different. There is a completely separate level of care and admiration for sports. People care about academics as much as they care about under water basket weaving.
I know a lot of people that care about academics and not sure I am in touch with any on any regular basis that don't. I'd really have to go through many names. BTW, IU won today...

Reactions: Wheels Of Steel
I care a lot more about academics than I do athletics! I also care a lot more about track than I do basketball or football! A new meet and field house record was set today! I’ll let you all do the search for it!

That's just not true for discerning employers. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, but places where you have to present your research care.

That's just not true for discerning employers. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, but places where you have to present your research care.
No they really don't care that much unless you're went to any Ivy school. Which they are all degrees and schools so overpriced that they're basically worthless.

The Air Force looked at my EE degree from Purdue and made me a communications/ computer information systems officer responsible for the ongoing operations and maintenance of communications and computer systems in support of NASA and other Air Force missions. And later I became a project manager for a critical global internet backbone installation.

My EE degree from Purdue is Elementary Education! I guess they needed somebody who could talk the same language and at the same level as their engineers. I guess it seems natural when you have a EE degree from Purdue, the military doesn’t really look at what EE stands for!

The Air Force looked at my EE degree from Purdue and made me a communications/ computer information systems officer responsible for the ongoing operations and maintenance of communications and computer systems in support of NASA and other Air Force missions. And later I became a project manager for a critical global internet backbone installation.

My EE degree from Purdue is Elementary Education! I guess they needed somebody who could talk the same language and at the same level as their engineers. I guess it seems natural when you have a EE degree from Purdue, the military doesn’t really look at what EE stands for!
And to get promoted in the military, you need a Master’s Degree. They don’t care what it is or where it’s from. That’s how Webster College and Univ of Phoenix were started by offering diploma mill degrees! They offer their classes on the base at what they refer to as extensions of the university. They take your military gi bill. You show up 2 nights a week and you get your diploma. One professor from a main campus once came down and required military members to do the same requirements as his students on the main campus did. He was informed that’s not the way we do it at military night school. He never taught another class on our base.

Last edited:
No they really don't care that much unless you're went to any Ivy school. Which they are all degrees and schools so overpriced that they're basically worthless.
There are many "degrees" that may not matter what school you went to for those degrees, but there are some degree, from some schools, that do matter. @Wolegib Like Wole said...there are many people with many degrees that the government employs and doesn't care. That "could be" under certain conditions too risky for those on the government payrole... I hope those responsible for designing in failure mode analysis correctly and warning those needing the important understanding...whether O-ring on the Challenger or key weight on a GM car have an engineering organization chart of engineers or at least some scientific field rather than a quota of any major...

Along that government thought...

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell

Last edited:
You are wrong. Purdue has a great reputation. I live on the East Coast. Here, when people hear that I went to Purdue they often comment: "Wow, that is a great school." Many think that it is a private school and thus think it to be an Ivy competitor.

Most people here do not know where Purdue is except that it is somewhere in the Midwest. However, they do recognize it as an outstanding academic institution. You are correct that performance on the job is critical, but where you went is often a major reason you get the interview.

Woodson speaks to Big 10 Commissioner regarding Fran McCaffery:
My mind immediately went to the many, many unacceptable antics of RMK. And Woodson played for him.

Doesn't make right what Fran did, but for Woody to be complaining now after never questioning his own mentor's behavior... Maybe he isn't the best messenger.

Last edited:
The military is strange. You take a placement test. And then you are placed in a specialty based on your score. Those with the highest scores are placed in tech and linguistic and cryptography type of positions. Those with lower scores are placed in military police, infantry, transportation and personnel type jobs. They don’t really care what your degree is in. They assume your intelligence level and they can train you how to do the job. I aced my placement test and had taken 1 computer course and a bunch of math courses. At that time nobody else had taken computer courses. With my education degree I wanted to be an ROTC instructor or cartographer or navigator. But the Air Force was desperate for people with computer experience and aptitude!

And there were many others placed in the same situation as myself. They could care less about your degree. I quit teaching for the military because the pay was 5 times as much and the benefits were a lot better. To make major, I needed a masters. They didn’t care where it was from or if it was even job related.

I will say that Purdue has one of the best placement centers in the U.S. if you have a Purdue degree, there are a lot of awesome companies that will hire you!

I disagree. When I’m looking at resumes, it helps more than than hurts if the school a candidate went to has a brand associated with it.

Rather than the degree it’s the school and how the alumni perform in their job. Purdue’s placement center is one of the best in the country. But those big name companies would never interview Purdue students unless the previous students they hired out performed their other workers.

Something today’s students need to learn. Is those great job opportunities keep coming because of the performance of those who graduated before them!

Reactions: Purdue80
Rather than the degree it’s the school and how the alumni perform in their job. Purdue’s placement center is one of the best in the country. But those big name companies would never interview Purdue students unless the previous students they hired out performed their other workers.

Something today’s students need to learn. Is those great job opportunities keep coming because of the performance of those who graduated before them!
kinda like basketball recruiting...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT