ADVERTISEMENT

Hes fired!!!

Just like I said yesterday. I had a good feeling that this was going to happen in October.

Now this lets everyone know in college football that Purdue is in the market for a HC. Send in your resumes, Fleck and all others who are so interested.

Purdue is sending a message that the last 4 seasons is not acceptable.

We can now see our new AD is not afraid to try to move the program forward. Something Burke refused to do. Light and a coaching firing over the weekend. We have had a big weekend.

With Hope and Hazell pushing the program backwards. This next hire is very important.

Until yesterday I didn't think there was any benefit of a mid season firing short of hiring someone like Miles immediately. But it became clear to me he lost a lot of the players. A toxin cleanse was in order.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Until yesterday I didn't think there was any benefit of a mid season firing short of hiring someone like Miles immediately. But it became clear to me he lost a lot of the players. A toxin cleanse was in order.

I wouldn't be surprised if the comment in the presser was the final thing that pushed MBob to fire. That is incredibly moronic from a man who appeared to always have a some what neutral stance on most things.

There's reasons to fire early outside of what you listed. First and foremost, for a school like Purdue that has to line up resources, it's nearly impossible to do this when you still have the coach you're going to fire on staff. If it leaks you're basically conspiring against them while they are still head coach, it just looks bad on many different levels. This lets you clean up after the firing (instead of also dealing with that while you're trying to hire a new coach) and can let you start to go through people who may not be current coaches now to gauge interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT