ADVERTISEMENT

Help me out with Illinois

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
There’s almost no publication or prediction who doesn’t have them beating us. Here’s where it kinda drives me nuts. Maybe you all can help me out.

1) they never have. Not since Simeon rice anyway. Not even when hazell was coach.

2) so having a new coach is always bad! Always! That’s the rule. Walters will have to come here and learn how to run his defense. We must struggle because we have a new coach.

But… Illinois apparently will have zero struggle with their DB coach becoming the new DC? Wtf??

3) hey Oconnell left. New QBs always struggle. Always! They must. Who cares if you played decent against alabama and passed for 700 yards, 6 TD and only 1 int. You must learn. Growing pains

But Illinois will turn to luke altmyer… who threw 2 passes vs power five comp last year at ole miss and who played in two losses coming off the bench vs power five teams the previous year.

Nothing says “battle tested and ready to go on day one” like a guy who has thrown for 317 yards, 3 TD and 3 INT in two seasons…

I don't see it really either, not just about them beating Purdue but them being good in general. So much of their secondary got drafted along with Chase Brown, and the QB is gone, even though he wasn't that great. They seem like the trendy pick to come out of the West for the first time in a long time (ever?). They're actually just +400 to win the West, only behind Wisconsin and Iowa. Funny to compare that to +6000 to turn that into winning the B1G Championship.

Purdue is +800 for the West and +10000 for the B1G.

• Wow
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
There’s almost no publication or prediction who doesn’t have them beating us. Here’s where it kinda drives me nuts. Maybe you all can help me out.

1) they never have. Not since Simeon rice anyway. Not even when hazell was coach.

2) so having a new coach is always bad! Always! That’s the rule. Walters will have to come here and learn how to run his defense. We must struggle because we have a new coach.

But… Illinois apparently will have zero struggle with their DB coach becoming the new DC? Wtf??

3) hey Oconnell left. New QBs always struggle. Always! They must. Who cares if you played decent against alabama and passed for 700 yards, 6 TD and only 1 int. You must learn. Growing pains

But Illinois will turn to luke altmyer… who threw 2 passes vs power five comp last year at ole miss and who played in two losses coming off the bench vs power five teams the previous year.

Nothing says “battle tested and ready to go on day one” like a guy who has thrown for 317 yards, 3 TD and 3 INT in two seasons…
That is saying something if they could not win against us during the Hazell era.

That is saying something if they could not win against us during the Hazell era.

Darrell Hazell's teams were 3-24 in conference play before he was fired.....and yes, two of those wins were @ Illinois. They did lose twice to the Illini as well.....noting really to crow about, though......

Reactions: Mister G
It'll work itself out by November. Both teams have plenty to address. My fear is that Purdue's biggest problems are still up front on both sides of the ball. Scheme can only do so much. Purdue will probably struggle if it can't win battles up front.

A lot of your predictions are turning out to bite you in the @ss.

Reactions: pboiler18
We lost a close game to a good team. Get a ****in grip. Some of the most unimaginative mfers who think Jeff still wants them and who don’t have takes unless we lose.

You were the one rambling on about how bad the opponent's QBs are vs Purdue. And I'm not just talking about losing the Purdue game. I'm talking about guys like Luke Altmeyer, who you just predicted to not be very good, just had decent game by throwing and running the ball.

You were the one rambling on about how bad the opponent's QBs are vs Purdue. And I'm not just talking about losing the Purdue game. I'm talking about guys like Luke Altmeyer, who you just predicted to not be very good, just had decent game by throwing and running the ball.
Against toledo?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT