ADVERTISEMENT

Hauser to Marquette

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
Very nice pick up for them. I know we offered, but it never really seemed any more than that. Just thought people would be interested. I know several different folks had asked about his recruitment.

And our Wisky B1G brothers are expressing their unhappiness on The Twitter machine.

It is nice to see another fan base melt down on a miss of a target. It happens to every team. Social media is filled with bitter people and I have seen some Purdue fans say terrible things to players that went elsewhere. It isn't as bad as some other places and most true Purdue fans police that garbage. Social media grants fans direct access to recruits and it's sad that often times these kids have to title their commitment: Respect my decision. They know people are going to go after them for not picking a certain school. The Clemson WR said that he got all kinds of hateful messages saying he wouldn't get to play there and he would ride the bench. He used that as motivation and got drafted. Other recruits see those messages from fanbases and those recruits talk to each other.

Good for Hauser. I hope it ends up being a good fit and I am glad we don't have to face him for 4 years.

It is nice to see another fan base melt down on a miss of a target. It happens to every team. Social media is filled with bitter people and I have seen some Purdue fans say terrible things to players that went elsewhere. It isn't as bad as some other places and most true Purdue fans police that garbage. Social media grants fans direct access to recruits and it's sad that often times these kids have to title their commitment: Respect my decision. They know people are going to go after them for not picking a certain school. The Clemson WR said that he got all kinds of hateful messages saying he wouldn't get to play there and he would ride the bench. He used that as motivation and got drafted. Other recruits see those messages from fanbases and those recruits talk to each other.

Good for Hauser. I hope it ends up being a good fit and I am glad we don't have to face him for 4 years.

I guess this means Gard will have a harder time recruiting right?? What's next will the Wisconsin fans be critical of the coach or players? Not picking on you Stick, just was laughable how posters were losing it on the other thread about PU fans "hurting" recruiting by posting anything negative on a free message board.

This happens all the time on every major college board. I think some of the posters on here are so PU focused they have no idea what happens at other schools both on and off the court.

being from badgerland, I'm POSITIVE it was my brother's negative post on their forum that led him to choose Marquette. Long live bubblers and cheese curds!

I guess this means Gard will have a harder time recruiting right?? What's next will the Wisconsin fans be critical of the coach or players? Not picking on you Stick, just was laughable how posters were losing it on the other thread about PU fans "hurting" recruiting by posting anything negative on a free message board.

This happens all the time on every major college board. I think some of the posters on here are so PU focused they have no idea what happens at other schools both on and off the court.

There is no way to know the impact of the forum posts. It would be crazy to think the kids don't read about themselves. Several follow Purdue accounts. Heck I have a few that follow me. I am very careful about what I put on social media for that very reason. There already is an entire thread on the topic, so I won't dredge it out here.

Fans will be critical of Gard. They had a likely hall of fame coach that just left, and the interim coach got the job. That was a very big miss. Along the lines of JJJ being stolen away last minute by Izzo. After a couple of early misses, I too was critical, but I loved the signing of Eastern and Wheeler. Ewing will probably exceed my initial expectations and it remains to be seen with Sasha and Haarms. I really don't know why folks are so critical of that class. I know it wasn't what a lot of folks initially wanted, but every Purdue fan should want them to succeed. Purdue fans are no different than other fans. We want to win and win big. But most want to do it the right way. It shouldn't be offensive when people ask ofther fans to keep it classy. Whether it has an affect or not, being a doucher doesn't accomplish anything. She wasn't the only one who grew tired on all the complaining.

Reactions: punaj
Negative posts can be from endless trolls of opposing fans, let alone the few legitimate fans who do complain.

Either eliminate the public board and allow pay only, which other team sites already do. Or deal with it like others with public free boards do, and everyone stops complaining. I am for either approach, just pick one.

Negative posts can be from endless trolls of opposing fans, let alone the few legitimate fans who do complain.

Either eliminate the public board and allow pay only, which other team sites already do. Or deal with it like others with public free boards do, and everyone stops complaining. I am for either approach, just pick one.

the thing is ......we already have a moderated pay only board on this site - knucklehead Central, that includes posts for all sports. We don't need another pay only board on the same website. if you make this a pay only site as well, you will take away viewership/membership of knucklehead Central.

the thing is ......we already have a moderated pay only board on this site - knucklehead Central, that includes posts for all sports. We don't need another pay only board on the same website. if you make this a pay only site as well, you will take away viewership/membership of knucklehead Central.

I do not necessarily disagree. But if it creates issues that truly impact recruiting, then one path or the other needs chosen.

Other teams have separate pay boards for different sports or recruiting. Some have no free public boards.

If it drives off any internet traffic, it could be viewed as an acceptable small sacrifice for the larger benefit to recruiting and the actual program. And it would eliminate 99% of trolling. Any remaining, would be paying their rivals.

There is no way to know the impact of the forum posts. It would be crazy to think the kids don't read about themselves. Several follow Purdue accounts. Heck I have a few that follow me. I am very careful about what I put on social media for that very reason. There already is an entire thread on the topic, so I won't dredge it out here.

Fans will be critical of Gard. They had a likely hall of fame coach that just left, and the interim coach got the job. That was a very big miss. Along the lines of JJJ being stolen away last minute by Izzo. After a couple of early misses, I too was critical, but I loved the signing of Eastern and Wheeler. Ewing will probably exceed my initial expectations and it remains to be seen with Sasha and Haarms. I really don't know why folks are so critical of that class. I know it wasn't what a lot of folks initially wanted, but every Purdue fan should want them to succeed. Purdue fans are no different than other fans. We want to win and win big. But most want to do it the right way. It shouldn't be offensive when people ask ofther fans to keep it classy. Whether it has an affect or not, being a doucher doesn't accomplish anything. She wasn't the only one who grew tired on all the complaining.

That was my point..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT