ADVERTISEMENT

Harris leads Purdue to dominant win over Nebraska (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
The three primary freshmen - Harris, Oden and Cooper - combined for 42 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists and one turnover. Not bad.

Link: Win

Nebraska is truly awful with only one good player. And Miracle Gray played about half the game. We looked great and better feel good because Maryland may well humble us as they are even quite superior to OSU. They are a Final Four team and we have no way to beat them or probably compete with them in all probablity. But our D is good and not that good. Play hard and go out and get third in the BT ladies!

Reactions: DocRon
Kyle do you have any idea how serious Keys is or how long she might be out? Losing her would really hurt this team against better teams. Sure hope she can be back for MD or at least the Michigan game which is, along with NW, the two most important games left.

Opps just saw your story. Hoping for the best.

Nebraska is truly awful with only one good player. And Miracle Gray played about half the game. We looked great and better feel good because Maryland may well humble us as they are even quite superior to OSU. They are a Final Four team and we have no way to beat them or probably compete with them in all probablity. But our D is good and not that good. Play hard and go out and get third in the BT ladies!
Did you mean "Our D is good but not that good"?

Kyle do you have any idea how serious Keys is or how long she might be out? Losing her would really hurt this team against better teams. Sure hope she can be back for MD or at least the Michigan game which is, along with NW, the two most important games left.

Opps just saw your story. Hoping for the best.

Not sure of the injury, but I would suspect it's short-term.

What MD did to Illinois last night we have to contend with. We will do a better job, but MD can be on the same court with UConn. Enough said about our D. It is the best n a respectable conference. Nationally that means little.

Reactions: 22fanclub
Remember when Neb was our biggest rival. Was it 3-4 games all OT. W e played them for the BTT, IIRC. That is another program that has not fared well over time. I haven't kept up. Did they have injuries? Did they just not recruit well enough?

Remember when Neb was our biggest rival. Was it 3-4 games all OT. W e played them for the BTT, IIRC. That is another program that has not fared well over time. I haven't kept up. Did they have injuries? Did they just not recruit well enough?
All of the above and symptomatic of a bully "coach" who stopped coaching and started controlling, dishing out favoritism and punishment and putting injured players at greater risk. Players stuck in this horrible situation have little recourse. They suffer through a bad program, a bad coach who holds the whistle and stopwatch and their only control is to help others avoid making the same bad decision. Word travels between players and future recruits. Now Nebraska is starting from ground zero. But certainly a move to a better long term result.

All of the above and symptomatic of a bully "coach" who stopped coaching and started controlling, dishing out favoritism and punishment and putting injured players at greater risk. Players stuck in this horrible situation have little recourse. They suffer through a bad program, a bad coach who holds the whistle and stopwatch and their only control is to help others avoid making the same bad decision. Word travels between players and future recruits. Now Nebraska is starting from ground zero. But certainly a move to a better long term result.
Forgot to add: all of it finally surfaced and the bad coach deservingly forced out. Unfortunately only after it already did years of damage. But the hopefully this puts more eyes on a serious and not uncommon situation.

I posted this on the premiuim board when same question was asked:.

"Coach Yori (very successful) was "allowed" to resign when after last year's season 10 players (allegedly) went to the administration with stories of abuse and improprieties. Yori left after an investigation (with 1 mil+ in her pocket.) With that, her best returning player (point guard Natalie Romero) transferred to Washington and several incoming highly rated recruits decommitted. Nebraska WBB was already struggling at the end of last season but these events were devastating."

In answer to 22fanclub, Yori has many alumni from her teams who defend her, as did Romero and Jessica Shepard, their sophomore star. Who knows exactly what was going on? I sure don't, but her dismissal effectively destroyed their program. She had a number of outstanding recruits who went elsewhere when she left.

Last edited:
I posted this on the premiuim board when same question was asked:.

"Coach Yori (very successful) was "allowed" to resign when after last year's season 10 players (allegedly) went to the administration with stories of abuse and improprieties. Yori left after an investigation (with 1 mil+ in her pocket.) With that, her best returning player (point guard Natalie Romero) transferred to Washington and several incoming highly rated recruits decommitted. Nebraska WBB was already struggling at the end of last season but these events were devastating."

In answer to 22fanclub, Yori has many alumni from her teams who defend her, as did Romero and Jessica Shepard, their sophomore star. Who knows exactly what was going on? I sure don't, but her dismissal effectively destroyed their program. She had a number of outstanding recruits who went elsewhere when she left.
1s an event,
2s a coincidence and
3s a pattern.
10...just putting it out there. 10
"Very successful" water boarding could be described as successful too. SMH
Her declining "success" was indicative.
A university statement that reads like "recruits left with Yori exit" is typical of any business to minimize the situation, stop the financial potential bleeding and reduce the implied liability that should sit with them for allowing it to happen.

LOL.
..."allegedly" 10.
What's the rule?
1s an event,
2s a coincidence and
3s a pattern.
10...just putting it out there. 10
"Very successful" water boarding could be described as successful too. SMH
Her declining "success" was indicative.
A university statement that reads like "recruits left with Yori exit" is typical of any business to minimize the situation, stop the financial potential bleeding and reduce the implied liability that should sit with them for allowing it to happen.

Wow, you really have a burr in your butt about Yori. Do you know for sure that 10 players went to the administration as a number of the other players said that was not true. Thus the "allegedly."

I am not defending her so get off your high horse. You are entitled to your opinion but not to attack me for mine.

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT