ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh rumors of leaving picking up some steam

I wasn’t ripping Chicago, just pushing back on the “more family friendly than Vegas” narrative, as far as a reason Harbaugh would choose the Bears job over the Raiders job.

Indy has neighborhoods just as dangerous as Chicago’s worst ones.
Oh no I wasn’t picking out a specific person. It’s just a thing that goes on in general.

I think that that’s probably true with the exception of 59th and Halsted, austin and maybe little village or 75th and Jeffrey

Not sure why? Because the mccaskeys are the common denominator dude.

and of course you can play the “they aren’t going to sell and you can’t make them” card. Ok.. but I don’t have to watch or have any expectations and I can ask people I know before the season “you know what’s gonna happen right?”
Like I said, if you want to talk about a common denominator, there is one that actually matters. QB. They've never had one. But now they just may. We shall see.

Like I said, if you want to talk about a common denominator, there is one that actually matters. QB. They've never had one. But now they just may. We shall see.
No. The common denominator is a family of incompetents who hires incompetent yes men who rub everyone the wrong way (Phillips). Then those incompetents combine to hire GMs several levels below Jim finks.. who are mostly incompetent. Then they do the same with coaches.

and by the time that’s all done you have a group of decision makers who could sabotage joe Montana’s chances at success

Next key, if indeed they FINALLY have one...find someone that can maximize his potential and skills, get some guys in place to protect him, and, surround him with some weapons.

Next key, if indeed they FINALLY have one...find someone that can maximize his potential and skills, get some guys in place to protect him, and, surround him with some weapons.
Yeah that will be awesome. They should use the 7th pick in the draft for one of those things …

oh that’s right the mccaskeys and the people they hire think that first round picks are overrated lol

Yeah that will be awesome. They should use the 7th pick in the draft for one of those things …

oh that’s right the mccaskeys and the people they hire think that first round picks are overrated lol
Hey in fairness, Mack was a good use of 1st round picks. The raiders wasted them anyway.

Hey in fairness, Mack was a good use of 1st round picks. The raiders wasted them anyway.
Any amount of what you’re talking about can rise no higher than the lowliest team that just DRAFTS WELL.. that drafts their own macks, cutlers, rodgers or in the case of favre pulls an absolute ripoff in a trade that rises above the value of a pick substantially .. Steve young, joe Montana. When you only come up with Favre and Montana you can call it luck. When you back that up with young and Rodgers you’ve shown the world that you have good QBs because you have people in the building who can see these guys in well below the conditions you’re going to try to put them in and know what a good QB LOOKS LIKE …

the bears management is awful

No. The common denominator is a family of incompetents who hires incompetent yes men who rub everyone the wrong way (Phillips). Then those incompetents combine to hire GMs several levels below Jim finks.. who are mostly incompetent. Then they do the same with coaches.

and by the time that’s all done you have a group of decision makers who could sabotage joe Montana’s chances at success
All due respect sir, but if you really believe that the Bears cannot have success even if Justin Fields pans out simply because the team is still owned by the McCaskeys, you are possibly the stupidest person on earth. Or just a troll. Idk

To me the weapons are the biggest need. You have 2 rookies at T that you’re expecting to start for a long time. You need to resign Daniels, but most importantly need a new C. The line wasn’t as bad as it was made out to be imo.

They have to have 2 new legit starting WRs. They’ll get one in the draft (Bell?) Kmet should take a step forward but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a guy like Gesicki.

The defense will be interesting as well. The secondary is atrocious. Need 2 corners, a LB, and some depth up front as Goldman should be cut. Tough decision on Nichols.

All due respect sir, but if you really believe that the Bears cannot have success even if Justin Fields pans out simply because the team is still owned by the McCaskeys, you are possibly the stupidest person on earth. Or just a troll. Idk
You aren’t getting his argument. His argument is that dumb owners hire bad executives, who hire terrible coaches and draft bad players, i.e Aikman and Montana would have been busts playing for the Bears.

You aren’t getting his argument. His argument is that dumb owners hire bad executives, who hire terrible coaches and draft bad players, i.e Aikman and Montana would have been busts playing for the Bears.
Haven’t you guys watched the Bears? They’ve had plenty of talent. They would’ve easily beaten the colts in that super bowl with a real QB. They would have had a very serious chance at it in 2018 as well. They just barely lost an NFC title game to Green Bay with Caleb Hanie at QB. Do you guys honestly think that the Packers have been superior all over the field for all these years? No, but they’ve had HOF QB play for 3 decades.

Haven’t you guys watched the Bears? They’ve had plenty of talent. They would’ve easily beaten the colts in that super bowl with a real QB. They would have had a very serious chance at it in 2018 as well. They just barely lost an NFC title game to Green Bay with Caleb Hanie at QB. Do you guys honestly think that the Packers have been superior all over the field for all these years? No, but they’ve had HOF QB play for 3 decades.
Yeah. And they’ve had bad executives who passed on tons of good QBs in the draft.

Reactions: DAG10
To me the weapons are the biggest need. You have 2 rookies at T that you’re expecting to start for a long time. You need to resign Daniels, but most importantly need a new C. The line wasn’t as bad as it was made out to be imo.

They have to have 2 new legit starting WRs. They’ll get one in the draft (Bell?) Kmet should take a step forward but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a guy like Gesicki.

The defense will be interesting as well. The secondary is atrocious. Need 2 corners, a LB, and some depth up front as Goldman should be cut. Tough decision on Nichols.
The weapons are for sure the biggest need...no question...the issue though is that they have so many other needs as well unfortunately, due to being cheap and essentially incompetent.

I do think the OL sucked for the most part (thus why they had to attempt to pass on 4th-and-1 every time on Sunday, and, why every one of those even resulted in a sack). However, I do like that they have Borum and Jenkins as bookends and guys that should ideally be there for some time...re-sign Daniels as you suggest...and, I agree that the true biggest need is at C.

They have a couple of solid backs...they have a nice second receiver in Mooney...they have a solid TE in Kmet...they need a true top WR, more so in that they are going to lose Robinson unfortunately.

They do need secondary help, and, someone at LB also as you said...and, they should extend Smith.

Reactions: HUD628
Yeah. And they’ve had bad executives who passed on tons of good QBs in the draft.
Or, just as bad, made the wrong choices (time and time again).

And, further evidence of the incompetence addressed here...extensions for Pace AND Nagy after last year.

Or, just as bad, made the wrong choices (time and time again).

And, further evidence of the incompetence addressed here...extensions for Pace AND Nagy after last year.
Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Dak, Russell, Lamar, Mahomes, Watson… who am I missing?

What top draft pick would you have taken off that Bears team to draft your QB, and how much would that affected their road to the Super Bowl?

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Dak, Russell, Lamar, Mahomes, Watson… who am I missing?
It is not just that they missed in the draft, but, subsequently missed in free agency as well, even on/with several of those very guys. I would have to spend some genuine time, but, I would guess without spending any that literally almost EVERY franchise has hit on someone at the position since the Bears last did, which, arguably was McMahon. Maybe the Jets failed to do so as well (although Darnold was as good as anyone the Bears have had), but, that is why the Jets are one of the few franchises that suck to an even greater extent than the Bears.

The Trubisky mistake was inexcusable when considering that they moved up to get him on top of just drafting him...more so/compounded by the fact that (s)Pace had already somehow signed and committed to Mike Glennon!!

The one time that they tried to fix the mistake(s) was with Cutler...

What top draft pick would you have taken off that Bears team to draft your QB, and how much would that affected their road to the Super Bowl?
Lol I don’t have the answers to what they should have done way back when. Not sure what point you’re even trying to make with this silly question.

This is about that absurd take by Bc that it doesn’t matter if Fields becomes great because the team can never have success under this ownership. It’s completely insane. If this QB is good, the team will be good.

Lol I don’t have the answers to what they should have done way back when. Not sure what point you’re even trying to make with this silly question.

This is about that absurd take by Bc that it doesn’t matter if Fields becomes great because the team can never have success under this ownership. It’s completely insane. If this QB is good, the team will be good.
Look, we don't have any beef, and I'm not picking an argument.

It's not a silly question at all.

What's more, I wasn't trying to make a point at all, just asking the question.

In other words, if you have a stud QB on the roster, it's likely because you drafted them instead of someone else. These decisions don't happen in a vacuum. So, to make the assertion that "(t)hey would’ve easily beaten the colts in that super bowl with a real QB" presumably means they would have had to draft one. Or, take the gamble via trade/FA. Either way, it's reasonable to think you'd have a QB in lieu of someone else, and it's likely that "someone else" would have been a really good player.

No.. you’re arguing against facts. You still have to draft well. You have to draft well enough that you don’t need to give away too much for Rick mirer or suckler or Khalil Mack.. because you can draft your own Khalil Mack. Other than Brian urlacher.. what player drafted by a Michael mccaskey (or younger) hired GM has risen to that level? In the what.. 37 or so years since Jim finks left?

You know who is still the best player to ever pass the ball for the bears? Anyone?
The only Bear QB who impressed me very much since Billy Wade was Jim McMahon. Jimmy didnt put up the best numbers but he was a winner. Maybe the best Bear signal caller ever was .Sid Luckman,who was there long before my time but then I am only 69.

Look, we don't have any beef, and I'm not picking an argument.

It's not a silly question at all.

What's more, I wasn't trying to make a point at all, just asking the question.

In other words, if you have a stud QB on the roster, it's likely because you drafted them instead of someone else. These decisions don't happen in a vacuum. So, to make the assertion that "(t)hey would’ve easily beaten the colts in that super bowl with a real QB" presumably means they would have had to draft one. Or, take the gamble via trade/FA. Either way, it's reasonable to think you'd have a QB in lieu of someone else, and it's likely that "someone else" would have been a really good player.
It not that deep. They’ve never had a QB. Maybe now they do. The ownership situation right now means little.

No.. you’re arguing against facts. You still have to draft well. You have to draft well enough that you don’t need to give away too much for Rick mirer or suckler or Khalil Mack.. because you can draft your own Khalil Mack. Other than Brian urlacher.. what player drafted by a Michael mccaskey (or younger) hired GM has risen to that level? In the what.. 37 or so years since Jim finks left?
You don’t even know who drafts well. Stop it. There are draft hits everywhere. The Bears have had plenty believe it or not.

Right now they have a QB with electric ability and crazy upside. If he’s good they’ll be good. If he’s a bust they will suck.

You don’t even know who drafts well. Stop it. There are draft hits everywhere. The Bears have had plenty believe it or not.

Right now they have a QB with electric ability and crazy upside. If he’s good they’ll be good. If he’s a bust they will suck.
Your first paragraph was just you saying stuff lol. Jim finks drafted very well. The bears now? Not so much. Worse than simply being so so with your own picks is having to trade multiple picks for players that other teams just get with one pick.

what, you think the bears run a good organization? Because almost nobody thinks that man lol

The Bears passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson in the 2017 draft. They instead picked Mitchell Trubisky with the 2nd overall pick.
They traded up from # 3 overall in a trade with the 49ers, who held the #2 overall pick.
In that trade, the Bears also gave up the #67 pick, which became Alvin Kamara, RB for the Saints, and the #111 pick, which became Tedrick Thompson, who is now on the Browns practice squad. They also gave up the 2018 third round draft pick, which became Fred Warner. Warner started as middle linebacker in his rookie season with the 49ers and is a Pro Bowler who signed a 5 year extension with the 49ers in July of 2021 for 95 million USD.
And this was after earlier signing Mike Glennon for 15 Million USD in 2017 to be the starting QB. Glennon hadn't started a game since 2014, but was given starters money to groom Trubisky.

Reactions: DAG10 and POTFHBTFU
The Bears passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson in the 2017 draft. They instead picked Mitchell Trubisky with the 2nd overall pick.
They traded up from # 3 overall in a trade with the 49ers, who held the #2 overall pick.
In that trade, the Bears also gave up the #67 pick, which became Alvin Kamara, RB for the Saints, and the #111 pick, which became Tedrick Thompson, who is now on the Browns practice squad. They also gave up the 2018 third round draft pick, which became Fred Warner. Warner started as middle linebacker in his rookie season with the 49ers and is a Pro Bowler who signed a 5 year extension with the 49ers in July of 2021 for 95 million USD.
And this was after earlier signing Mike Glennon for 15 Million USD in 2017 to be the starting QB. Glennon hadn't started a game since 2014, but was given starters money to groom Trubisky.
This. Pace should have lived and died by that decision, I thought both Nagy and him should have been gone last year after the Trubisky experiment failed but unfortunately they made the playoffs...

Yeah except for all that damn murder and the teacher union debacle.
Indianapolis - 1 murder per 3,190 residents in 2021.
Chicago - 1 murder per 3,400 residents in 2021.
Yes there were more murders in Indianapolis per capita than Chicago.
Also my comments were I would live in Lincoln Park (where there were 0 murders) and send my kids to Catholic School (which does not have the union debacle).

Reactions: GaffneyBoiler
Reactions: studed
and, why not? He just earned another 5 years or so, simply by beating OSU and making the playoffs.
I don't know that the hiring ultimately means anything with respect to his future.

He did earn time there...if he did not get fired before this year, he is not getting fired any time soon, and, more so in that he bought additional goodwill with this past season (even with the playoff debacle).

I just think that if he has ambitions of getting back in the NFL, now stands to be the more opportune time for him...maybe one of the last best chances in his case...his name was not one mentioned much before this year, but, on the heels of it, it is front and center...especially with the opening in Chicago.

Not like remaining in Ann Arbor, at his alma mater and one of the premier programs in college football is a bad thing certainly.

The fact that he is not being talked about at greater length would seem to indicate that he is indeed planning to stay at UM...then again, it could also mean that he has already worked on something with someone and it is just a matter of time before it is formally announced...or, with more openings by the day, that he is just waiting to see who throws what at him in the way of $$$.

As a long time Bears fan, I was and am less than thrilled with Fields under center. He makes poor decisions, and he's going to be hurt a hell of a lot. Spending that kind of money as they did for him, there were others I'd rather have. Don't expect them in the Super Bowl with Fields.

As a long time Bears fan, I was and am less than thrilled with Fields under center. He makes poor decisions, and he's going to be hurt a hell of a lot. Spending that kind of money as they did for him, there were others I'd rather have. Don't expect them in the Super Bowl with Fields.
True of every QB under Nagy. Fields could be good under the right leadership. What harbaugh did to koepernick is the closest resemblance.

True of every QB under Nagy. Fields could be good under the right leadership. What harbaugh did to koepernick is the closest resemblance.
Kaepernick did what was done to himself. He was not a good Quarterback, was disruptive, and in all honesty a jerk. The sad part is the Bears had the draft rights to Mahomes. And Fields isn't strong enough or durable enough to last an entire season.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT