ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson update

We also outperformed what we were supposed to do last year…don’t understand that one?? 🤨
What's there to understand. If you are a 1 or 2 seed, you can't lose to a 16 or 15 seed period. And after the disasterous tournaments in the previous seasons reaching the final game is outperforming no matter how you choose to look at it.
Hmmm… I thought what we needed was a petition to get Painter fired ???
Painter was getting too comfortable and when you are too comfortable you tend to underperform. I have no problem with fans being upset and Painter deserved all criticisms for these epic loses.

What's there to understand. If you are a 1 or 2 seed, you can't lose to a 16 or 15 seed period. And after the disasterous tournaments in the previous seasons reaching the final game is outperforming no matter how you choose to look at it.
That isn’t making sense. We were ranked number 1 at times (for third straight year) and were the second best team all year. We had the hardest strength of schedule. Expectations were a final four/NC—did you not expect that?, plus another big ten championship. And they did just that except for the NC because we, as fans actually got to see the two best teams against each other.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
That isn’t making sense. We were ranked number 1 at times (for third straight year) and were the second best team all year. We had the hardest strength of schedule. Expectations were a final four/NC—did you not expect that?, plus another big ten championship. And they did just that except for the NC because we, as fans actually got to see the two best teams against each other.
This isn't that hard. When you underperform 70% of the time in the tournament. There's a 70% chance that we don't make the final 4 even when we are expected to. Winning another game on the final 4 is exceeding expectation peroid.

Painter was getting too comfortable and when you are too comfortable you tend to underperform. I have no problem with fans being upset and Painter deserved all criticisms for these epic loses.
So you’re saying that your FIRE PAINTER
Petition was the kick in the ass that Matt needed to work harder and get his team to the final four ?

This isn't that hard. When you underperform 70% of the time in the tournament. There's a 70% chance that we don't make the final 4 even when we are expected to. Winning another game on the final 4 is exceeding expectation peroid.
Hmmm. I look at it year by year, as each team is different with players and the experience each player has. If all stayed the same, then I’d agree but since it doesn’t, i don’t agree with you. But you seem to always have some pretty pessimistic views so to each their own.

Expectations were a final four/NC—did you not expect that?,
If you put any stock in the odds, you absolutely shouldn’t expect it because the odds are against you making the FF, even as a one seed.

It sounds odd to say it, but making the final four as a one seed should be considered exceeding expectations. Making it to the national championship game even more so.

If you put any stock in the odds, you absolutely shouldn’t expect it because the odds are against you making the FF, even as a one seed.

It sounds odd to say it, but making the final four as a one seed should be considered exceeding expectations. Making it to the national championship game even more so.
Ok well my expectations were that with the reigning NPOTY and everyone back.

Cracks me up when they act like it requires getting the FBI Cyber Crimes unit involved in order to go back and find one of their idiotic posts.
Don't be an idiot. It wasn't my petition. I posted someone else petition. Every TRUE Purdue fans SHOULD be mad, after losing to a 16, 15 & a 13 seeds in that fashion.

Don't be an idiot. It wasn't my petition. I posted someone else petition. Every TRUE Purdue fans SHOULD be mad, after losing to a 16, 15 & a 13 seeds in that fashion.
Yeah we were. But we were realistic in knowing if you fire Painter, you then have to go find a coach, rebuild and be worse off for a few years or more.

Hell, it may end up worse… look down south and see what a dumpster fire that’s been for 3 decades. They’re still hanging on to the glory days like a high school quarterback who has never left his hometown, married the head cheerleader right out of high school and looks at his old newspaper clippings on the wall from 30+ years ago on a daily basis.

Ok well my expectations were that with the reigning NPOTY and everyone back.
I'm not criticizing, you are obviously free to have whatever expectations you want. I'm just saying that even as one of the best teams in the country, making it to the FF or NC game bucks the odds. There's so much randomness in the NCAAT that those things are real achievements, even with one of the top teams in the country.

Yeah we were. But we were realistic in knowing if you fire Painter, you then have to go find a coach, rebuild and be worse off for a few years or more.

Hell, it may end up worse… look down south and see what a dumpster fire that’s been for 3 decades. They’re still hanging on to the glory days like a high school quarterback who has never left his hometown, married the head cheerleader right out of high school and looks at his old newspaper clippings on the wall from 30+ years ago on a daily basis.
I'm not sure why it's hard for fans to admit they don't think clearly when their emotions run wild. The fact that our feelings are hurt or we're embarrassed when we lose a game we shouldn't have zero impact on what's best for the program.

I'm not criticizing, you are obviously free to have whatever expectations you want. I'm just saying that even as one of the best teams in the country, making it to the FF or NC game bucks the odds. There's so much randomness in the NCAAT that those things are real achievements, even with one of the top teams in the country.
Agreed. I just don’t agree with we outperformed due to previous year results when each team is different every year.

Agreed. I just don’t agree with we outperformed due to previous year results when each team is different every year.
I'm not trying to pick a fight but statistically, there's no debating that we did. Even with Zach returning the odds of us reaching the NC game at the start of the season were much lower than 50%.

Again, you can have whatever personal expectations you want, I'm not saying you're wrong to do so.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
It's all how one looks at it, and it could be related to pessimism vs optimism. On one hand, we were in the Top 3 teams in the country all season long. When Houston lost in the tournament, and maybe even before that, there was more likelihood of Purdue making the final than anyone else on the right half of the bracket. Truth. But was Purdue "supposed to" make the final? Odds-wise, pre-tournament, no, but no one was technically. Even UConn. It's all how you look at it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef and BBG
More whining. And blaming someone else for what you posted.
Whatever Andy...
But you clearly endorsed it.
Painter got too comfortable, underperformed in the tournament and some of our fans still kiss his butt. I was at Purdue the same time when he was playing. I like the guy, but you can't choke away opportunities like that again & again. So, I have no problem endorsing it if he loses to a 16, 15 & 13 seeds.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Here s the thing if jalen comes to purdue ok fine if he doesnt and goes to iu iu needs jalen purdue nope he would be like that guard that went to conn castle maybe the last piece to a championship

Whatever Andy...

Painter got too comfortable, underperformed in the tournament and some of our fans still kiss his butt. I was at Purdue the same time when he was playing. I like the guy, but you can't choke away opportunities like that again & again. So, I have no problem endorsing it if he loses to a 16, 15 & 13 seeds.
Is this you repeatedly cutting and pasting your own words, or someone else's?

Reactions: BBG and Gemini95
Whatever Andy...

Imagine having this train of thought after we just playing in the national title game. The team could lose to a low seed this coming tourney and it would look just as foolish to whine about it as it did before. He isn't getting fired, not any time soon.

There are maybe just a few of you ainters left and I'll give you credit for sticking to your mantra even though it's been blown apart, but you need a reality check. There is no "petition" you can put forward that will change the fact that Painter has EARNED the right to stay at Purdue as long as he wants. Period. Get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT