ADVERTISEMENT

Hammer and Rails is embarrassing

H&R is absolutely not professional journalism. It's a bunch of people who create content in their spare time and share that content for free, all because they love Purdue sports. I happen to think their website is entertaining and informative, but if I ever change my mind I'm not going to fly into a rage about it.

If someone offers you a free sandwich, either decline the offer or shut up and eat your sandwich. Don't eat the free sandwich and then complain to everyone that it doesn't taste good enough and it wasn't made by a professional chef. Now you sound like a jerk.

hmmmm... a new login, created today, to defend H&R. :rolleyes:

A couple of things.
1. there is no rage. Just direct commentary on a PUBLIC site. If you don't like that public commentary, don't fly into a rage on a public forum where people comment publicly. (see what i did there?! :D)

2. they're a part of SBNation, which is a commercial site. So, while duly noted, pretty much all of your response doesn't apply.

Does anyone actually support them? I’ve noticed the writers getting a little too political. Also, I’m not a huge fan of Knight, but I respect him. I think they are starting to get out of line in a way. I understand you have to generate clicks, but they are a little too much. Didn’t they release some information on a player or something in the past?

Just trying to see if I’m alone here
This thread is embarrassing! Why throw shade at another PU sports forum? As others on here have stated, H&R is ran by folks who write articles in their spare time, and do a great job imho. I appreciate all they do to promulgate Purdue sports!

hmmmm... a new login, created today, to defend H&R. :rolleyes:

A couple of things.
1. there is no rage. Just direct commentary on a PUBLIC site. If you don't like that public commentary, don't fly into a rage on a public forum where people comment publicly. (see what i did there?! :D)

2. they're a part of SBNation, which is a commercial site. So, while duly noted, pretty much all of your response doesn't apply.

If you are insinuating that I’m an incognito H&R staffer, I’m not. I do post there frequently under the same user name, have for years.

I appreciate the work they put in. Felt compelled to throw in my two cents. And to be 100% clear, nobody here is bashing SB Nation. They are bashing Purdue fans that create free content for other Purdue fans.

Reactions: phila
If you are insinuating that I’m an incognito H&R staffer, I’m not. I do post there frequently under the same user name, have for years.

I appreciate the work they put in. Felt compelled to throw in my two cents. And to be 100% clear, nobody here is bashing SB Nation. They are bashing Purdue fans that create free content for other Purdue fans.

I didn't "insinuate" anything. I simply observed that your login ID shows as "Joined: Today", and that this is now your 2nd post under that login ID.

And, to be even MORE clear, nobody is bashing H&R, which is a part of SBNation, a commercial site. H&R has created their own issues, of which people are only discussing. If you don't agree with the issues people have addressed, you would be well served to discuss/refute said issues, instead of attacking the people pointing out said issues.

Then stop embarrassing my school.

Apparently TMill's grandfather just died and he's taking some time off due to the funeral.
That’s not good. Terrible news for Travis.

nobody is bashing H&R, which is a part of SBNation, a commercial site. H&R has created their own issues, of which people are only discussing. If you don't agree with the issues people have addressed, you would be well served to discuss/refute said issues, instead of attacking the people pointing out said issues.

"My Freshman writes better for her school website."
"If it was good you would be correct. It’s shit"
"the way they treat their readers is worse than sh*t."
"They can shove their website up their arse."
"Ha everything Travis writes is practically a troll post."
"T-Mill is pretty embarrassing tbh"

I stand corrected. There's no bashing here, only innocent discussion. Thanks for the clarification.

I stand corrected. There's no bashing here, only innocent discussion. Thanks for the clarification.
All 100% justified

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12

goodness. A nerve has been struck.

Don't think I ever used the word "innocent". Even if I did, H&R is fair game. Writing for a commercial site, treating their readers rather poorly. I've generally been pretty "fair" with them, but also pretty direct about their substantial issues.

Again, you just joined, 3 messages, all with the same purpose.

"Methinks thou dost protest too much..."

Travis has to be the biggest cry baby I've ever seen. His articles have ZERO informative informatio . Just filler to get paid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT