ADVERTISEMENT

Great performance against a rival in prime time.

RegionWarrior101

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2014
2-1-9
Team has quit. I will put my name on it. Q-U-I-T. Been in a funk since Iowa came back from 18 or whatever it was. We beat bad teams, play tentative against good teams, don't play defense any more. Now if they salvage the end and somehow make a Sweet 16 I will eat my hat, but we keep waiting and waiting to "put it together." We are what we are. This is what we are. Unless Rutgers or Penn State are in the NCAA that is it. NC was favorable matchups against average at best teams. Fools gold. I also after watching other leagues today am not sure how great the Big Ten is as a whole. Players aren't executing but team plays flat and that is on the $2 million dollar man.

Reactions: BoilerFan#35
Actually the team is overrated now, considering they have gotten worse. I would have bet on IU to win, just how it is

Didn't we beat MSU after the Iowa game? Huh.

IU is good at home, and they're a team that's going to give us problems with like 7 guys that can hit 3s.

We're not great. But we're a good team. No shame in that. Just not good enough to win with poor efforts.

Didn't we beat MSU after the Iowa game? Huh.

IU is good at home, and they're a team that's going to give us problems with like 7 guys that can hit 3s.

We're not great. But we're a good team. No shame in that. Just not good enough to win with poor efforts.
Beat MSU after blowing another 18 point lead. That is our signature win like Minnesota beating Maryland last week. Not good, average.

I'm mad at myself for buying into the early season rankings, non-conference performance, and ignoring what we all said before the season about aj's inconsistent effort, no point guard, and inconsistent outside shooting. I thought they would at least give the effort but the team has adopted aj's personality. My expectations are now realistically adjusted so I expect maybe one win in the BIG & maybe one (a big maybe since they don't get any games on Keady Court) in NCAA tournaments.

I'm mad at myself for buying into the early season rankings, non-conference performance, and ignoring what we all said before the season about aj's inconsistent effort, no point guard, and inconsistent outside shooting. I thought they would at least give the effort but the team has adopted aj's personality. My expectations are now realistically adjusted so I expect maybe one win in the BIG & maybe one (a big maybe since they don't get any games on Keady Court) in NCAA tournaments.
We reap what we sow. I thought we would be much deeper. I am a moron for thinking we could contend. No toughness but that has been absent since Hummel left.

Team has quit. I will put my name on it. Q-U-I-T. Been in a funk since Iowa came back from 18 or whatever it was. We beat bad teams, play tentative against good teams, don't play defense any more. Now if they salvage the end and somehow make a Sweet 16 I will eat my hat, but we keep waiting and waiting to "put it together." We are what we are. This is what we are. Unless Rutgers or Penn State are in the NCAA that is it. NC was favorable matchups against average at best teams. Fools gold. I also after watching other leagues today am not sure how great the Big Ten is as a whole. Players aren't executing but team plays flat and that is on the $2 million dollar man.
Touche! That pretty much sums it up!!!

I mean the bad offense, we were never the 1981 Denver Nuggets and often struggle to score, but the lack of defense and overall toughness is so unPurduelike.

Rule 9 / Violations and Penalties 85
2. Touches the ball while any part of it is within the cylinder that has the
ring as its lower base;
3. Reaches through the basket from below and touches the ball before it
enters the cylinder; or
4. Pulls down a movable ring so that it contacts the ball before the ring
returns to its original position.
5. Causes the basket or backboard to vibrate when the ball is on or within
the basket or the backboard and/or is on or in the cylinder.
b. The cylinder is the imaginary geometric figure that has the ring as its base
and is formed by the upward extension of that ring.
c. The ball shall be considered to be within the basket when any part of the ball
is below the cylinder and the level of the ring.
d. A player may have a hand legally in contact with the ball, when this contact
continues after the ball enters the cylinder or when, during such action, the
player touches or grabs the basket.
Art. 3. Goaltending.
a. Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a field-
goal try and each of the following conditions is met: (Exceptions: Rule
10-4.1.i)
1. The ball is on its downward flight; and
2. The ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility, while in
flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the cylinder.
b. It is goaltending to touch the ball outside the cylinder during a free throw,
regardless of whether the free throw is on its upward or downward flight.
c. When the ball contacts the backboard and any part of the ball is above the
rim during a field goal attempt, it is considered to be on its downward flight.
In such a case, it is goaltending when the ball is touched by a player as
long as it has a possibility of entering the basket.

No it was GT. Can't touch the rim. Exciting to see AJ show some energy late. Do something physical. Yeah.

So i was curious

Am I missing somethin where is the violation?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
First, I hope Robert Johnson is okay. I ever want to see any kid get hurt.

Second, after watching the game, think TC had a better game plan than Painter, and he outcoached Painter through 75% of the game. No weird substitutions, and a pretty well prepared team. Still don't like Crean, but I got to give credit were credit is due. IU has some great athletes, and several of the guys who never hit 3's hit them tonight. Sometimes you run into teams like that.

Several of our players failed to get on the bus to Bloomington. I am beginning to think Ray Davis might be hurt. He was not able to shoot or drive. Edwards looked disinterested for most of the game.. Actually I thought Stephens played well, and I would have put him in dung the second half, just to see if his length and speed could have helped.

I hope we get the chance to play them again in the BIG T. I think we might do better than tonight.

Overall, Haas and Hammons did what they could, but we need a quick guard badly. Carson Edwards - hurry up!

:cool:

Reactions: BuilderBob6
ring as its lower base;
enters the cylinder; or
c. The ball shall be considered to be within the basket when any part of the ball
Art. 3. Goaltending.
10-4.1.i)
b. It is goaltending to touch the ball outside the cylinder during a free throw,

So i was curious

I would say 4 or 5 would apply? This isn't on that play. If we played them even and this happened on last shot, OK. Put yourself in a 19 point hole? You make your own luck.

ring as its lower base;
enters the cylinder; or
Art. 3. Goaltending.
10-4.1.i)

So i was curious

CMP said it was clean, after he reviewed it himself.......

Well if Matt Painter thinks it was OK, then it absolutely must be so. Who cares? We didn't get called 10 times for it making up the deficit.

It sealed the game. It was a bad call end of story. It was wrong just as much as Robert Johnsons 4 steps to the goal.

Mostly i just wanted to correct the misconception laid out by Dakich. You absolutely can make contact with the rim. That is not an automatic violation. He was wrong period.

You mad bro? Better team won, enough said. Keep shooting for that first championship! Lol, you guys are so butt hurt by all of this. You've never won a championship. What made you think it would actually start this year. Seriously join a winning bandwagon somewhere. I feel bad for you pitiful people.
Congratulations, IU played well and deserved to win. But that goaltending call was wrong.

You mad bro? Better team won, enough said. Keep shooting for that first championship! Lol, you guys are so butt hurt by all of this. You've never won a championship. What made you think it would actually start this year. Seriously join a winning bandwagon somewhere. I feel bad for you pitiful people.

Bad call at the end, enough said. I ain't mad, I expect this BS at Ass Hall........
You guys looked real good tonight.

Great game by us, Refs totally botched the game in the last 4 minutes where every single call went against us. We should have won the game. I AM NOT GOING TO EAT CROW as I PROMISED I WOULD DO IF PURDUE lost because the refs decided this game NOT IU, IU was awful at times in this game and the refs kept bailing them out over and over. If ANYONE on here thinks that IU looks like a ranked team, you must be nuts. That team is awful and Karma bit them in the _ss with Robert Johnson going down with the season ending injury. Ball don't lie, they deserved that. Unbelievable calls there at the end, unbelievable. And Dakich is a complete buffoon.

Congratulations, IU played well and deserved to win. But that goaltending call was wrong.
it was an awful awful call. there were a ton that went against us at the end. IMO, we won this game and should have one more big ten victory in our column, Valentine and the rest of the zebras stole this. Also Dakich is just plain ole wrong half the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT