ADVERTISEMENT

Great comeback, plenty to build on.

Boiler_HD

True Freshman
Oct 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
This team isn't like teams of past years, plenty of inexperience and youth. They showed this in the 1st half, but battled back and showed what they can be. Unfortunately in the end we didn't get the W, but plenty of great pieces to build on, along with plenty to correct.

Relax and try to enjoy the ride, it will definitely be up and down, but I expect large improvements as the season progresses.

This team isn't like teams of past years, plenty of inexperience and youth. They showed this in the 1st half, but battled back and showed what they can be. Unfortunately in the end we didn't get the W, but plenty of great pieces to build on, along with plenty to correct.

Relax and try to enjoy the ride, it will definitely be up and down, but I expect large improvements as the season progresses.

Save your breath. I agree. Even though this was to be expected......you will still get the haters on here after every loss.

I get the positive spin, I try to be a glass half full guy. A lot to like in the 2nd half......but we gave away a quality top 15 road win.

I had this penciled in as a L, but the way it was lost will eat at me for awhile. Brutal to watch that meltdown.

………...and there it is

I'm quite sure that had PU won, you'd be all over congratulating CMP...….right? LOL
For some of you...…..it will be a long season.

Nah, it’s kust anyone with two eyes can see that Purdue loses these types of games all too often, and that Painter struggles in late game situations too frequently.

I mean, that out of bounds play. Are you kidding me with that?

………...and there it is

I'm quite sure that had PU won, you'd be all over congratulating CMP...….right? LOL
For some of you...…..it will be a long season.

What dirt does CMP have on you that you are entirely unable to give him deserved criticism?

It’s one thing to lose on the road to a ranked team, but it’s another to choke it away in the last 3-4 mins.

What dirt does CMP have on you that you are entirely unable to give him deserved criticism?

It’s one thing to lose on the road to a ranked team, but it’s another to choke it away in the last 3-4 mins.
Do you not remember last seasons 30 win team losing games the same way three years ago. Like it or not, as a group, this is an inexperienced team that has to learn how to execute in the game end situation.
That includes Edwards.

Reactions: Do Dah Day and BBG
Save your breath. I agree. Even though this was to be expected......you will still get the haters on here after every loss.
I came to the forum this morning to counter all the hate posts with some actual logic and reality, but then I had an epiphany and figured, whats the point? All those haters that only show up after a loss should be pitied really and I will explain why.

Take Boilerdick, I mean DEAC sorry, as an example. They only show up after a loss, post things that simply are not true and hate a coach that is doing something they can't even do on their gaming console. They post on pure emotion and nothing logical and only negativity so you really just can't take any of them seriously.

Plus if any of those hatexperts had a quarter of the supposed knowledge they try to push on all of us here, only after a loss, they would be coaching at the college level. Unless that is happening, then their suggestions and critiques are baseless and irrelevant.

So no, don't bother arguing with these hypocrites, it will never open their eyes to reality, but instead pity them because they only see with emotion and aren't going to enjoy watching our ATHLETIC, INEXPERIENCED and YOUNG team grow this season. And that alone is sad for them.

Erase those 2 Carsen FTs and we are unicorns and rainbows today.

Painter needs to adjust the starting lineup because I’m not sure a lineup with only 2 scoring threats is viable and it certainly slows us down from the start.

Lot to learn from this one.

I get the positive spin, I try to be a glass half full guy. A lot to like in the 2nd half......but we gave away a quality top 15 road win.

I had this penciled in as a L, but the way it was lost will eat at me for awhile. Brutal to watch that meltdown.
unfortunately I woke up around 4 and the game and a couple of other things I need to address were on my mind as well. I was more of the meltdown in the first half than what I saw in the second half. Did fatigue play into missing the Fts? It wasn't a meltdown so much to me, but a lack of finish by Purdue. Carsen missing 3 fts in a row? Evan missing as many as he did. I would have subbed different in that last 20 seconds, but this was a game that Purdue battled back after the first half meltdown and ended up giving it away and it does in fact eat at me...no matter how much I try to rationalize it is just a game...

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Erase those 2 Carsen FTs and we are unicorns and rainbows today.

Painter needs to adjust the starting lineup because I’m not sure a lineup with only 2 scoring threats is viable and it certainly slows us down from the start.

Lot to learn from this one.
Best assessment. I think that is the key thing right now is we are still learning what we have. I mean let's be honest, we were spoiled last season with all the wins we had and while I know no one really expected us to match that this season, the comparison will still happen regardless.

We are only a few games in and it's going to take a bit to figure everything out. Both for the players and the coaches but by the end of the season when it matters most, I think that will happen.

unfortunately I woke up around 4 and the game and a couple of other things I need to address were on my mind as well. I was more of the meltdown in the first half than what I saw in the second half. Did fatigue play into missing the Fts? It wasn't a meltdown so much to me, but a lack of finish by Purdue. Carsen missing 3 fts in a row? Evan missing as many as he did. I would have subbed different in that last 20 seconds, but this was a game that Purdue battled back after the first half meltdown and ended up giving it away and it does in fact eat at me...no matter how much I try to rationalize it is just a game...
Yep. Had the Boilers played the entire game like they did the first half I would have serious questions about the team. As things ended up, much like the VT game, Purdue is showing that it’s players, of all ages have got to learn how to execute properly when the opponent amps up the defense and the crowd goes wild and the pressure is oppressive. That load last year was carried by four four year’ish starting seniors who learned how to do it by about the middle of their junior years.

I came to the forum this morning to counter all the hate posts with some actual logic and reality, but then I had an epiphany and figured, whats the point? All those haters that only show up after a loss should be pitied really and I will explain why.

Take Boilerdick, I mean DEAC sorry, as an example. They only show up after a loss, post things that simply are not true and hate a coach that is doing something they can't even do on their gaming console. They post on pure emotion and nothing logical and only negativity so you really just can't take any of them seriously.

Plus if any of those hatexperts had a quarter of the supposed knowledge they try to push on all of us here, only after a loss, they would be coaching at the college level. Unless that is happening, then their suggestions and critiques are baseless and irrelevant.

So no, don't bother arguing with these hypocrites, it will never open their eyes to reality, but instead pity them because they only see with emotion and aren't going to enjoy watching our ATHLETIC, INEXPERIENCED and YOUNG team grow this season. And that alone is sad for them.
We need to share a beer ... with a couple of other posters. I mean it.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
We need to share a beer ... with a couple of other posters. I mean it.
That could be an epic thing sometime. The last few weeks I've let some people rile me up a bit, but really I'm a very even keeled kinda guy. I'm not going to have a knee-jerk reaction to a game played by youngsters that are prone to make mistakes.

We are a spoiled fanbase. I mean look at Brohm compared to Painter and what I mean by that is Brohm shows potential with what he can do but the last two seasons his record isn't earth shattering and he made some questionable calls during the season. But people are ready to run the AD out of town if we didn't keep him.

Flip that around and not only does Painter show the same potential to make Purdue great, he is frequently mentioned in the same breath as one of the top 20 coaches in the land. And he is still learning and growing because the game is changing. But yet we're ready to skewer him for a 1 point loss on the road to a ranked team.

The difference? Brohm inherited a mess and did something with it and Painter has gotten us so used to some good success and promising future that we want more. Really all hating aside, it's a great place for a basketball program to be in.

Estimating anywhere from 22-10 to 25-7 team. Agree, we'll have some growing pains, would like to see the team winning in February and going solid for the March run. Really would like to see a Final Four sooner than later.

In relation to new guys......I was impressed with Eastern's 2nd half D, the play of SS and Trevion Williams. Can't really call EB a new guy but he impresses.

I thank you for the positive post. Still the 0-2 in winnable NCAA tourney away games will put pressure on this team to get that done in future away from home.

In relation to new guys......I was impressed with Eastern's 2nd half D, the play of SS and Trevion Williams. Can't really call EB a new guy but he impresses.

I thank you for the positive post. Still the 0-2 in winnable NCAA tourney away games will put pressure on this team to get that done in future away from home.
that pressure will mount as this team visits Michigan, but I have no doubt the coaches are spending a LOT more time preparing than most imagine...

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT