ADVERTISEMENT

Goode to the portal

Rumors for IU (they actually need a guy like him for perimeter shooting) or ND. Lean is toward IU evidently. We will see where he decides to go. Could end up with interest he wasn’t planning on

He’d be an excellent add for IU if true. They must be doing well in the NIL funding with all the transfers that they are landing. I’m not a huge fan of building a roster through transfers, but if you are going to take that approach, IU seems to be doing well.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
One trick pony. It's a trick IU lacks, but still just one. Not really worried about him doing anything but shooting while he's on the court.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
One trick pony. It's a trick IU lacks, but still just one. Not really worried about him doing anything but shooting while he's on the court.
It’s interesting to me that he’d jump ship there to play the exact same mins, if not less. His brother does go there and he’s had family members play ball and football (Trent green). A Kelly MBA wouldn’t hurt either.

But him avg 20 mins and 5-6 points off the bench just doesn’t do much, even if he is a 3pt shooter. If he does go there, hopefully he doesn’t just stand in the corner like Kopp did, since that’s what woodys offense has the player do.

Side note…Goode has only taken 31 FTs in his 3yr career (76 games) and has made 21 (67%)…😳🤯😱

I feel like he always played well against Purdue. Maybe a chip or something for not being recruited or motivation against Ft Wayne friends Furst and Loyer....

I didn't notice him much in other games though.

I said it throughout season, and I'll say it again, so glad I'm not an ILL fan. Brad's way of building rosters and guys leaving left and right would drive me nuts.

Reactions: RossMackey
It’s interesting to me that he’d jump ship there to play the exact same mins, if not less. His brother does go there and he’s had family members play ball and football (Trent green). A Kelly MBA wouldn’t hurt either.

But him avg 20 mins and 5-6 points off the bench just doesn’t do much, even if he is a 3pt shooter. If he does go there, hopefully he doesn’t just stand in the corner like Kopp did, since that’s what woodys offense has the player do.

Side note…Goode has only taken 31 FTs in his 3yr career (76 games) and has made 21 (67%)…😳🤯😱
Honestly, I can't believe this is a discussion. Just surprised he wouldn't want to go somewhere to actually play. Instead he might go to a program where him and Leal can root for the players on the court.

Btw, do cheerleaders get NIL money? 😂

Honestly, I can't believe this is a discussion. Just surprised he wouldn't want to go somewhere to actually play. Instead he might go to a program where him and Leal can root for the players on the court.

Btw, do cheerleaders get NIL money? 😂
This. He’s chasing the money. Illinois had more to give him for time and a better coach. Now he will be deep on the bench. Doubt he gets 20 minutes.

Goode isn’t chasing money - I think Illinois was turning over their roster and he didn’t really have a seat any more. He graduated with his business degree in 3 years so why stay?

Rumors running that there will be another or so potentially leaving Illinois.

Goode isn’t chasing money - I think Illinois was turning over their roster and he didn’t really have a seat any more. He graduated with his business degree in 3 years so why stay?

Rumors running that there will be another or so potentially leaving Illinois.
Goode was a very big liability on defense, he could score a couple 3's, but would give up twice as much on the other end!

Goode is a great piece coming off the bench. I don't want to see him in the B10, especially down south.
Eh if he does, it’s one year and then IU has to go back out and buy another team next year. Plus he is the 7-8th man who may shoot it from the arc 3-4 times a game in that offense and the ball dominant players they have in front of him.

They should win the conference for the first time in a decade and make the second weekend for the first time in over two decades with all that talent.

But will they? I’m not sure tbh.

Eh if he does, it’s one year and then IU has to go back out and buy another team next year. Plus he is the 7-8th man who may shoot it from the arc 3-4 times a game in that offense and the ball dominant players they have in front of him.

They should win the conference for the first time in a decade and make the second weekend for the first time in over two decades with all that talent.

But will they? I’m not sure tbh.
This. If iu is terrible this year I expect their pricy PAC guards will stay and expect to be paid. Their donors will start getting buyers remorse plus they will have a smaller pool next year to go get new guys since presumably they would be paying Goode, Carlyle, and Rice. Of course if woodson is gone the transfers may be shown the door too…

If a player enters the portal and doesn’t get an offer, does the team they were on have to take them back?

If a player enters the portal and doesn’t get an offer, does the team they were on have to take them back?

NCAA guidance issued on this:

Once a student-athlete enters the transfer portal, their current institution has the ability to cancel or reduce their scholarship for the upcoming academic year.

So, a scholarship-based return needs to be mutual

This. If iu is terrible this year I expect their pricy PAC guards will stay and expect to be paid. Their donors will start getting buyers remorse plus they will have a smaller pool next year to go get new guys since presumably they would be paying Goode, Carlyle, and Rice. Of course if woodson is gone the transfers may be shown the door too…
Isn’t this Goode’s last year? Either way, I’d be willing to bet if IU doesn’t win or meet expectations this year, rice and Carlyle transfer out….i guess that would technically mean Woodson was shown the door, so yeah you’d be right that the transfers would jump ship too

Isn’t this Goode’s last year? Either way, I’d be willing to bet if IU doesn’t win or meet expectations this year, rice and Carlyle transfer out….i guess that would technically mean Woodson was shown the door, so yeah you’d be right that the transfers would jump ship too
It’s hard to believe it is! It seems we just passed on him and he moved on over to Illinois. Yes this will be his 4th year and he doesn’t get a covid year (thank goodness after this year this will be virtually done)

Goode was injured his Soph season, he can petition (probably win) for a 5th year. He’ll be a good add for them. Doing what IU has done is going to cause many to buy in, will they? Also, Ballo and Reineau take up a lot of the lane, not sure how that’s going to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT