ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be a long day

"Report from the Louisville Courier-Journal: Louisville recruits have been given the impression Jeff Brohm will be named the Cards' next head coach, according to three sources."

This was the headline to the story, not sure why it didnt come in with the article.
This is from the J and C here in town

The interesting thing about this move is it tells me he wants to retire from Louisville. If he stayed at Purdue for 4 years has great success I could see him taking one of the marquee jobs in the country. With him leaving straight for Louisville he likely never leaves.

"Report from the Louisville Courier-Journal: Louisville recruits have been given the impression Jeff Brohm will be named the Cards' next head coach, according to three sources."

This was the headline to the story, not sure why it didnt come in with the article.
This is from the J and C here in town
This is a nothingburger our recruits are hearing the same thing.

This is a nothingburger our recruits are hearing the same thing.
Difference is Brohm is telling Purdue recruits and Tyra is telling Louisville kids.

I honestly believe the convo is like this.
Recruit: who’s gonna be the new coach?
Tyra: we are working candidates now and will have someone after the season
R: Brohm?
V: maybe

Reporter call later: who’s gonna be the coach?
R: he’s saying Brohm.

Difference is Brohm is telling Purdue recruits and Tyra is telling Louisville kids.

I honestly believe the convo is like this.
Recruit: who’s gonna be the new coach?
Tyra: we are working candidates now and will have someone after the season
R: Brohm?
V: maybe

Reporter call later: who’s gonna be the coach?
R: he’s saying Brohm.

This scenario seems very plausible.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Again, the Chicken Littles on here (not you) need to wake up. Would Brohm still be recruiting for Purdue if he was going to UL? Highly unlikely. It’s totally out of character for the man.
Recruiting for the Boilers? Recruiting for the Cards? At this point, either is possible. It'd be out of character for him to do the latter I think, so it's likely the former...but Chicken Littles (as you call them) could be thinking that way.

Recruiting for the Boilers? Recruiting for the Cards? At this point, either is possible. It'd be out of character for him to do the latter I think, so it's likely the former...but Chicken Littles (as you call them) could be thinking that way.
Anybody that knows Brohm knows that’s not his style. Do you actually think he could get 25+ recruits to stay quiet in this day and age if he was actually recruiting for UL? You don’t think the Maize and Blue folks would be scooping George Karlaftis decommitting from Purdue and going to UM? This class would fall apart quickly because a number of the recruits would not go to UL with him. NFW.

Ive always thought brohm was staying. But at this point if he was going to leave you would think it would already be done so he could recruit at louisville. In the end i think all of this is karma. Louisville is paying for all their bad decisions with a small budget for their next coach and a job most people don't want to touch, including brohm. If it wasn't such a toxic job I'm sure the decision would have been much tougher.

Reactions: Purdue85
Care to wager. He gone.
tenor.gif

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
Anybody that knows Brohm knows that’s not his style. Do you actually think he could get 25+ recruits to stay quiet in this day and age if he was actually recruiting for UL? You don’t think the Maize and Blue folks would be scooping George Karlaftis decommitting from Purdue and going to UM? This class would fall apart quickly because a number of the recruits would not go to UL with him. NFW.
Kinda what I just said in a text to someone. If he was visiting all these verbals and telling them he was leaving, you can bet we'd know about it by now via decommits.

From the friends of the team down south in Indiana, read and laugh:

"That's kind of the way I see it too. Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville (I don't think it is right now), and playing in the B1G is a step up from the ACC.
I've said this before, but if he goes back to Louisville, it will be because he wants his kids to go to the catholic schools there, his family is there, and he wants to bring something back to the school and community. It won't be solely because of $$ or because Louisville is a step up in job.

30 LeConte, Today at 9:16 AM"

Of course, Purdue is bowl-bound and has much more money and better facilities, but maybe it is not the better job. LOL

Just you’re friendly cat fan here, Louisville board says there a Purdue team meeting at noon. Anybody here have any insight info to confirm that?

Edit: Nevermind, they made that up too. Nothing new

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT