ADVERTISEMENT

Give it a rest

hey 85 - I believe I already said I don't care anymore . and for those who've attacked me through the years, I'm coming right at them this year !

You can believe brohm all you want. You should read his preview of the Nevada game on 24/7. he addresses each area. Does he praise his offensive line ? if you believe he does, there is nothing I can say that will change your mind. He also talks about Sindelar. he didn't sound very positive to me.

And I didn't say he contacted either Louisville or Tennessee. I said brohm is not very forthcoming. and he didn't talk about either opening or what was said between him and their AD. Was there an interest? did the two talk? he's not going to reveal what went on behind the scenes.

Like many things, if your mind is already made up, there is nothing I can say that will change it. the BIG 10 power ratings that just came out placed Purdue as the 5th best team in the West above lofty Illinois and Minnesota. I didn't write the article. I doubt many on this forum will agree with the prediction/assessment. But the author is paid to evaluate teams and make predictions. if you're an Iowa or Michigan fan, you would say he is spot on.

if Purdue finishes 6-6 this year, will you still say that's a good year and Brohm is still a genius? or will you start to question his coaching and his style ? how long will you accept a 6-6 season?

I believe you don't care. That's a good place to be!

You still don't get it. You play the "he attacked me!" card, then you attack others (based on your definition of the term "attacked").

It's not an issue of believing Brohm. You either believe what you write or you don't. You don't seem to believe what you write, because you repeatedly write (do) what you accuse others of doing.

I don't have a "made up" mind about Brohm. I think he's earned the respect of the fan base. You want to paint him in a negative light, that's on you.

I haven't established a threshold for W/L. I've said that before and I'm quite consistent.

Besides... and I've asked this before, and I have no illusion you'll respond... what the h*ll difference does it matter if I ..."ACCEPT" ... a specific record, or not?

hey 85 - I believe I already said I don't care anymore . and for those who've attacked me through the years, I'm coming right at them this year !

You can believe brohm all you want. You should read his preview of the Nevada game on 24/7. he addresses each area. Does he praise his offensive line ? if you believe he does, there is nothing I can say that will change your mind. He also talks about Sindelar. he didn't sound very positive to me.

And I didn't say he contacted either Louisville or Tennessee. I said brohm is not very forthcoming. and he didn't talk about either opening or what was said between him and their AD. Was there an interest? did the two talk? he's not going to reveal what went on behind the scenes.

Like many things, if your mind is already made up, there is nothing I can say that will change it. the BIG 10 power ratings that just came out placed Purdue as the 5th best team in the West above lofty Illinois and Minnesota. I didn't write the article. I doubt many on this forum will agree with the prediction/assessment. But the author is paid to evaluate teams and make predictions. if you're an Iowa or Michigan fan, you would say he is spot on.

if Purdue finishes 6-6 this year, will you still say that's a good year and Brohm is still a genius? or will you start to question his coaching and his style ? how long will you accept a 6-6 season?

You used the words "contacting Tennessee or Kentucky" in your post but within a short time claim that you didn't do so? And Brohm is the liar?!?
May want to visit a neurologist pretty soon - at least get that tinfoil hat removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
wole, I think that you are off-base in your criticism. If there are two areas that anyone looking at Purdue's team has concerns about they are the OL and DL. Those are obvious.

Brohm is not going to throw them under the bus but he is also not going to sugar coat it. He wanted to get some OL transfers but did not get whom he wanted. The decision was made to go with what they had given scholarship numbers. That resource is finite and constrained.

To me, what you are discounting is the fact that they new guys are a step above what was previous history. Thus, their ability to contribute sooner is more likely.

Brohm has been right more than wrong so I am going to trust him on these calls.

Just stop trolling already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT