ADVERTISEMENT

Gibson’s Decision

What's the point of doing that...other than, as you say, to be a d-bag.

Exactly. Douchey thing to do. His high school coach was Roy Roundtree’s so I’m not surprised there was some drama. Remember that saga?

Exactly. Douchey thing to do. His high school coach was Roy Roundtree’s so I’m not surprised there was some drama. Remember that saga?
I only remember that Roundtree was committed to Purdue then signed with Michigan.

It was all about attention for him. I got a bad taste in my mouth for the whole thing when his mom tweeted out a survey asking "Which school should Isaiah choose?" once he narrowed it down to 3. There's no practical reason to do that. It was all about fueling the attention that he was getting and basking in it. Some kids love to talk about how many likes or retweets or mentions they get and so do some moms apparently.

Reactions: pboiler18
It was all about attention for him. I got a bad taste in my mouth for the whole thing when his mom tweeted out a survey asking "Which school should Isaiah choose?" once he narrowed it down to 3. There's no practical reason to do that. It was all about fueling the attention that he was getting and basking in it. Some kids love to talk about how many likes or retweets or mentions they get and so do some moms apparently.

Not to mention, it was Purdue in a landslide. There was a basketball recruit who’s Mom did the same thing, XT I believe, and it was overwhelmingly Purdue. The pole was eventually taken down.

I guess this is just another sign of the selfie generation. I see lots and lots of therapy bills in the future for this generation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT