ADVERTISEMENT

Gibson’s Decision

UK insider has "sources" that are telling him 60%UK; 30% Purdue; 10% Wisky.

Admin on Wisconsin board said he thinks Gibson is choosing Purdue tonight.

Until the GK tweet, I was very certain it would be Wisconsin. I am cautiously optimistic though. Gibson would be a very nice addition and stealing him away from Wisconsin would be incredibly impressive. Absolutely solidifies the defensive line, especially if Purdue lands Weaver as well.

The biggest question mark going forward is going to be the offensive line. Love what coach is building and landing Gibson would be a heck of get. That’s a recruiting battle that we wouldn’t have won in the past. It would be a real good sign.

Until the GK tweet, I was very certain it would be Wisconsin. I am cautiously optimistic though. Gibson would be a very nice addition and stealing him away from Wisconsin would be incredibly impressive. Absolutely solidifies the defensive line, especially if Purdue lands Weaver as well.

The biggest question mark going forward is going to be the offensive line. Love what coach is building and landing Gibson would be a heck of get. That’s a recruiting battle that we wouldn’t have won in the past. It would be a real good sign.
I'd say about 90% of the 2019 commits are kids DH would've have never even offered. Its a new day at Purdue!

Last edited:
I'd say about 90% of the 2019 commits are kids DH would've have even offered. Its a new day at Purdue!

Bell said he never even considered Purdue until CJB got there and had a good year. Now Purdue is projected as the landing spot for him. Definitely a noticible difference. Purdue has a chance to have a top 20 class. That’s crazy when you look back at where they were under the Haze. Can’t wait to see what he can do with this ridiculously talented ‘19 class going forward. Think it’s the perfect time for a player like Gibson to sign on. He will be welcomed with open arms and have a chance to see the field right away. Excellent facilities and training staff as well. I wasn’t confident before the GK tweet, but I do have a ray of hope now.

Brian seems to think so.
I wonder who is the 'Option B' player that may jump at the potential conditional offer Purdue has extended to them in the event Gibson doesn't come to Purdue? Any one have any guesses since DL seems to be the focus this year with lots of quality LB's and DB's in the fold already?

UK is a trash school. I’d say it’s us or Bucky.

Other than the fact the Gibsom's HS coach played at UK and his son/Gibson's teammate is committed to play at UK next year. That is why I wrote him off about 1 month ago.

I sure hope we land him!

I wonder who is the 'Option B' player that may jump at the potential conditional offer Purdue has extended to them in the event Gibson doesn't come to Purdue? Any one have any guesses since DL seems to be the focus this year with lots of quality LB's and DB's in the fold already?
I believe the conditional offer may be to a person at a different position altogether such as a RB or OL. We seem to have two recently who have visited and shown an interest.

Sober as a judge. Brian posted something on the premium board which alluded to the way Gibson handled the recruitment. And it wasn’t handled well is all.
Gotcha. I'm a poor free member. Either way it's just a recruit. I like the guys we have committed and if we ended up with what we have now it would be a successful class.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
If he was on the fence UK's start to the season including handling Florida likely played into the decision

Reactions: Wolegib
I would have liked to have seen Gibson become a Boiler due to our need for talent at DT; however, the defensive future does look bright with the additions the 2019 class will bring. In addition to the recruits we already have committed now, it sounds as though we are in the running for several more great prospects:

AB Wandale Robinson
RB King Doerue
WR David Bell
WR Milton Wright
OT Kaleb Boating
OG Kyle Jornigan
SDE JJ Weaver - - - NOV 3rd announcement
OLB Cameron Williams
ATH Jaylen Graham

If we land a few of these guys it will be icing on an already sweet cake!

We made his final 3, and many people have taken interest. Wish him well, time to move on for all parties.
Sour grapes only reflect bad on us. I'm sure it was a tough choice for him. If anything changes at UK, he might look around again...you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT