ADVERTISEMENT

Gibson’s Decision

We made the final 3 for Gibson. That would be a huge commitment, and a big boost to our DL for next year. It is down to Wisconsin, Kentucky and us.

Mr. Gibson join our team! We are on the verge of big things!!
if we get him, that's one big thing out of the way.

We made the final 3 for Gibson. That would be a huge commitment, and a big boost to our DL for next year. It is down to Wisconsin, Kentucky and us.

Mr. Gibson join our team! We are on the verge of big things!!

Would likely get a good shot at major minutes as nobody has really stepped up to play alongside Neal this year at this point. Gibson could come in, and at the least, be a rotational guy at the DT spot.

Would likely get a good shot at major minutes as nobody has really stepped up to play alongside Neal this year at this point. Gibson could come in, and at the least, be a rotational guy at the DT spot.

Anthony Watts, Jeff Marks, and Steven Faucheux are all but certain to be on the two deeps and Alex Criddle is there right now. Also had a couple other good recruits in 2018 in Lawrence Johnson and Branson Deen. Definitely potential to play minutes especially since we rotate DT as much as we do but I feel pretty good about our depth next year. If we get Gibson and everyone returns and stays healthy we should have 6-7 very solid players at DT.

My guess is he is being recruited to play the same spot as Neal. I doubt he would play the same one as Watts. My hope is Reviere eats his way into that position.

My guess is he is being recruited to play the same spot as Neal. I doubt he would play the same one as Watts. My hope is Reviere eats his way into that position.
Yep, I see next year Faucheux stepping in right away to play the 3 Technique along with Watts and Marks and possibly Reviere as some of the talented DEs developing shift him inside. Gibson could back up Neal at the nose guard position and would have the opportunity to be a starter his sophomore year. .

What do we know about this kid?
He also plays OL at his high school. Very strong. Maybe not quite as athletic as some currently on the roster but very good size and a lot of upside since he seems to have a lot of room to improve his technique. Johnson will fix that.

He also plays OL at his high school. Very strong. Maybe not quite as athletic as some currently on the roster but very good size and a lot of upside since he seems to have a lot of room to improve his technique. Johnson will fix that.
I think he will be a DL in college.

It looks to me like on the Twitter page we Purdue supporters ate the ones using the most common sense to relate to his mother.
I like how Wisconsin fan quotes after you leave academics“. Yes Wisconsin has very very good academics but they are no better than we have ( quite frankly the same could be said for much of the B10)

2 days until his decision. I hope when he was watching the game Saturday night that he realizes that there is a big opportunity for early playing time with us. Hope we get him.

He obviously could see we need him. I know he wants to play for a program that wins consistently though too. I hope this 0-3 start does not scare him off and he sees that Brohm is putting the pieces together.

I liked that Bell visited again. I hope that is a good sign too.

2 days until his decision. I hope when he was watching the game Saturday night that he realizes that there is a big opportunity for early playing time with us. Hope we get him.
There is an honest path to starting and playing 35-40 snaps a game next season if his body can hold up. The LB's will inevitably be the strength next season with the top four returning next season and the DB's should be much better. The defensive lineman will again be a question mark but the talent will be there....will just need experience and coaching. Those are two things Purdue has at its' disposal.

There has been like 5 crystal ball picks for Kentucky today. Usually that doesn't happen unless something got leaked.

JJ scheduled his commitment Nov 30 I believe.

Cam no timeline I have heard of. Possibility he has to wait for the late signing period due to grades.
Thank you, Hausta01. I think I heard both of those, as well. Weaver's commitment is supposed to be on his Birthday, in November. I can see another DE, or Leo, on the other side from Karlaftis. I can dream, can't I? We're competing against the world for him. But I know he's been here for both the NW, and the Missouri games. That has to say something.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I was specifically looking at Tom Loy and Allen Triue just put in CB picks yesterday for Kentucky.
I don't want to get into a pissing match over something so trivial but you wrote, "There has been like 5 crystal ball picks for Kentucky today."

There were only 3 picks in total yesterday and one of those was for Purdue.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I don't want to get into a pissing match over something so trivial but you wrote, "There has been like 5 crystal ball picks for Kentucky today."

There were only 3 picks in total yesterday and one of those was for Purdue.

I know others have voiced similar opinions, but I don't know how, if you're a high school defensive lineman, you look at our roster and not salivate at all the playing time. You could easily be a 4 year starter.

I said the same thing last year about wide receivers.

Reactions: boilerdug
I know others have voiced similar opinions, but I don't know how, if you're a high school defensive lineman, you look at our roster and not salivate at all the playing time. You could easily be a 4 year starter.

I said the same thing last year about wide receivers.
A front 4 of Karlaftis, Gibson, Weaver, and Faucheux would be ridiculous. Throw Hunter into the mix as well? Those boys would have a lot of fun in the opponents backfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT