ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - Louisville

horrible play calling. announcers claimed he was gonna unload the sink. 4 awful calls. gotta go for it not go conservative

If someone had offered 28-35 score this morning I would have jumped on it. It was a fun and exciting game....and there's a rainbow out there with a pot of Old Gold sitting at its foot. We're playing football again!!!!

horrible play calling. announcers claimed he was gonna unload the sink. 4 awful calls. gotta go for it not go conservative

I would agree to an extent. his last series he threw passes Louisville could not intercept. I had hoped he'd really air it out on one of those plays for a 30-35 yard pass, or throw a hail mary on 4th down rather than the screen with those two defenders waiting for him. but you can only throw a hail mary if you have quality pass protection.

On a positive note, this was probably Sindelar's best game ever and definitely better than the Spring and fall practices.

and the defense made some great stops against one of the best offenses in the nation. I said we'd beat the spread and we did. We had two chances at the end. you can't ask for anything more.

In Brohm's offense, you need a QB who can make throws across the field and Blough either still has a bad shoulder or he doesn't have the ability. With Sindelar, the balk gets there quicker before the defense can recover.
Blough absolutely made throws across the field. His stats overall were much better. The Pick-6 was obviously a terrible throw but the other pick doesn't really bother me. It was a bad play call and basically a punt. He threw for 175 yards on 26 attempts. Sindelar and his big arm threw for 118 yards on 31 attempts.

Blough absolutely made throws across the field. His stats overall were much better. The Pick-6 was obviously a terrible throw but the other pick doesn't really bother me. It was a bad play call and basically a punt. He threw for 175 yards on 26 attempts. Sindelar and his big arm threw for 118 yards on 31 attempts.

It's concerning though it's the same issues as his first few years.

Well, it's still a work in progress, but I like the spirit Purdue showed tonight.

The offense needs work, but it looks like a go-to guy emerged in Anthrop. Sindelar reminded me of Austin Appelby in his first few appearances: plenty of pluck but too erratic. Knox had a few gritty runs when given the chance.

Loved how the defense kept Purdue in it early. Their ability to force turnovers will be important for the team to have a chance this year.

Kick returns need work.

Like Tiller used to say, they won't be canceling any practices. But I like the fight the team showed tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT