ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - Louisville

Anyone scared about Ohio on Friday? I hope Brohm has the team in full on focus mode this week. Don't dwell on losing tonight.

Anyone notice Markell didn't play at all after his fumble? May have buried himself again after his fumble issues in the spring and going back through his career.

Blough absolutely made throws across the field. His stats overall were much better. The Pick-6 was obviously a terrible throw but the other pick doesn't really bother me. It was a bad play call and basically a punt. He threw for 175 yards on 26 attempts. Sindelar and his big arm threw for 118 yards on 31 attempts.
This. I think when Blough is completely healthy he's the obvious #1.

Blough absolutely made throws across the field. His stats overall were much better. The Pick-6 was obviously a terrible throw but the other pick doesn't really bother me. It was a bad play call and basically a punt. He threw for 175 yards on 26 attempts. Sindelar and his big arm threw for 118 yards on 31 attempts.
This. I think when Blough is completely healthy he's the obvious #1.

If he can't stop throwing interceptions and pick sixes very soon he is not the obvious #1. JMO and most coaches too.

Anyone scared about Ohio on Friday? I hope Brohm has the team in full on focus mode this week. Don't dwell on losing tonight.
Scared? No. But either way, it's nice to be thinking "let's not have a letdown" versus "can we even beat this MAC team?"

Agree but let's give him a minute to overcome years of crap coaching.
You're not going to give Sindelar the same handicap? Take away an injury redshirt year, a Hazzell freshman year and being Shooped, he has the bigger arm, physically is bigger and didn't look to bad when thrown into the game last night. Blough moved the team well but doesn't throw a great deep ball and last night killed the offensive momentum with stupid throws. Both of them can benefit from the coaching change and with the injury likelihood in football will both need to be ready to go.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
You're not going to give Sindelar the same handicap? Take away an injury redshirt year, a Hazzell freshman year and being Shooped, he has the bigger arm, physically is bigger and didn't look to bad when thrown into the game last night. Blough moved the team well but doesn't throw a great deep ball and last night killed the offensive momentum with stupid throws. Both of them can benefit from the coaching change and with the injury likelihood in football will both need to be ready to go.
after watching both QB's, I really hope that Sipe gets a long hard look.

Of course. But looking at both, Blough was better. Offense had a better rhythm when he was in. And he threw a pretty sweet deep ball that went right through the receiver's hands or his numbers would have been even better. ALso had the bad drop by the TE that killed his first series.

I noticed several things about Brohm. He coached to win and has a short hook for error prone players. He benched Blough, benched Jones, switched punt returners, and switched kickers after the fg was blocked.

I watched the majority of the game on computer by play by plays. I have a question about our receivers. Did Holmes play, and was he ever targeted? Did either Blough or Sindelar ever attempt any 25-35 yard passes? It seemed like our entire passing game was short 6-13 yard passes.

I watched the majority of the game on computer by play by plays. I have a question about our receivers. Did Holmes play, and was he ever targeted? Did either Blough or Sindelar ever attempt any 25-35 yard passes? It seemed like our entire passing game was short 6-13 yard passes.

The initial TD to Anthrop was one....and a nice throw.

giphy.gif

The initial TD to Anthrop was one....and a nice throw.

giphy.gif

exactly, and that was in the 1st quarter. and then it seemed like we went into a short passing game. Admittedly, you need an offensive line to give you time, but you could do roll-outs to gain some time. and we made a lot of long passes last year.. it just seemed odd, we didn't try to air it out longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT