ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 2/24/22 at Northwestern (8pm on BTN+)

68-51 final. Worst game I've witnessed this season. Wasn't really competitive after the first quarter although the score was within reach until midway through the 4th if we had put together a stretch of decent play. Northwestern was clowning us at the end of the game. Worst news is they may be our opponent next week.

Yes, on senior night a veteran Cats team rolled us. We never came close to solving their D either game we played them. You cannot have over 20 tos and win and many were unforced. Even in the fourth quarter we had 3 straight chances to take it to 4 but didn't even get a shot any of those times due to To's. Layen did hit 3 treys but did nothing else though I can't comment on her D. But she just seems to not be able to get open except for a a trey once in a while. With few exceptions she has not played well since her injury and have not been getting much on O from Hardin either. The rest tonight erased whatever they did well with to;s. Even Terry who had mega assts fell into the To pit.But until the end this team competed as they have all year. Revenge Wisc Sunday and we have 17 wins. Prob a lock for NIT which could be very good for a young team that played most of the season without a center.
P.S. I think we can handle this team in a neutral court game if we can cut the tos. This game was winnable and hard to beat a team 3 times. But rather play others for sure.

68-51 final. Worst game I've witnessed this season. Wasn't really competitive after the first quarter although the score was within reach until midway through the 4th if we had put together a stretch of decent play. Northwestern was clowning us at the end of the game. Worst news is they may be our opponent next week.
Agree. Looked nothing like the team we saw earlier in the season. Aimless, sloppy, a step slow - Hardin and Layden have dropped off, Ellis is trying too hard at times, but I like her energy and drive.
JT and Moore are still solid.
Woltman is a placeholder, I’m happy she’s gotten minutes and has had some production - just wish she’d fight harder under the basket. Gets beat on 50:50 balls all the time.
Smith and Learn are future stars.

Team has for sure Overachieved so far. I shouldn’t criticize when I know they’re playing their hearts out. Just got my hopes up when they had such (surprising) early success. But I love this team and coaching staff. Much better season than last year

Agree. Looked nothing like the team we saw earlier in the season. Aimless, sloppy, a step slow - Hardin and Layden have dropped off, Ellis is trying too hard at times, but I like her energy and drive.
JT and Moore are still solid.
Woltman is a placeholder, I’m happy she’s gotten minutes and has had some production - just wish she’d fight harder under the basket. Gets beat on 50:50 balls all the time.
Smith and Learn are future stars.

Team has for sure Overachieved so far. I shouldn’t criticize when I know they’re playing their hearts out. Just got my hopes up when they had such (surprising) early success. But I love this team and coaching staff. Much better season than last year
Today showed the reason why Purdue needs to get a really good transfer from the portal. This team needs a star, Madison can’t be the best player on a team with ambitions to go deep in the tournament, like sweet 16 deep.

Of course, every one needs a star from the portal, but there are not many. Purdue has the horses to get way better but they absoulutely have to have a much better front line. That they have been competitive with out that is amazing. That' what we need in the portal and a healthy committed Kyle. Moore returning would be great too,

Of course, every one needs a star from the portal, but there are not many. Purdue has the horses to get way better but they absoulutely have to have a much better front line. That they have been competitive with out that is amazing. That' what we need in the portal and a healthy committed Kyle. Moore returning would be great too,
Agreed, yea, hope Moore returns, I don’t see why she wouldn’t. As for the portal, if Purdue doesn’t get anyone they’ll still be better next year, we’ll see who’s out there and if any want to play for an improving Purdue team.

ADVERTISEMENT