ADVERTISEMENT

Game plan for ILL

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
If you were coach this week preparing for ILL, what would be your Offensive game plan?

I would go at their Defense. I would go a little up tempo, sling it around, rollouts, occasionally no-huddle, hit TEs across the middle, run/option on rare occasions. Quick snaps when tbey substitute players and have 12+ guys on the field, a few trick plays, just keep it quick paced and keep them guessing.

If you were coach this week preparing for ILL, what would be your Offensive game plan?

I would go at their Defense. I would go a little up tempo, sling it around, rollouts, occasionally no-huddle, hit TEs across the middle, run/option on rare occasions. Quick snaps when tbey substitute players and have 12+ guys on the field, a few trick plays, just keep it quick paced and keep them guessing.
We always go no huddle.

Would be nice to see quick tempo 15 play script without delays to see if we can keep them on their heels till we get our first score.

It's a good week to be playing them. They should be able to be had after their unexpected win against Wisconsin. Lovie might have a problem keeping them focused this week. Just win baby!!!!

I see two pluses for this week's game. The fighting Lovie's may still be in the clouds and the Boilers should be more aware that IL is much improved and not to be overlooked.

I think that our offense will take care of its`s self but on defense Illinois gut big plays up the middle on Whiskey.......Not what you normally see.

Keep the electrolytes away from the Illini players still hung over from last weeks win. No IVs at the half either (Vinny Sutherland style).

Keep the electrolytes away from the Illini players still hung over from last weeks win. No IVs at the half either (Vinny Sutherland style).
LOL Vinny. I remember those teams always getting cramps. What was the deal back then? Keg parties the night before a game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT