ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day!

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
Predictions vs Nevada:

Will the youth show itself in the 2 deep due to heat and altitude?

Yes. The young guys will have to contribute early and mistakes will be made. Luckily, these young guys are so talented, the big plays should outweigh the mistakes.

Will Sindelar throw an interception?

I would set the line at 1.5 interceptions. It’s early and outside of Hopkins and Moore, it’s a lot of new faces he is throwing too.

Receiving?

I think Rondale Moore will lead in targets, receptions, and yards. He might not have the highest YPC though. I expect 3-4 big plays by receivers (or TE) not named Moore.

Who will have the most rushing yards?

Horvath is going to get the bulk of the carries, but King has the ability to break huge plays. If he gets through that line, he is gone. So I will give King the slight edge here.

Who will lead in tackles?

Bailey is the obvious choice here.

How many turnovers will Purdue Force?

I would say 3-5 here. If GK can be disruptive, they can likely rattle their young QB. I expect big things from Coach Holt and that defense.

What am I most excited for?

I would say seeing the true freshmen play. So much hype on that ‘19 class. Two defensive starters and three big contributors on offense.

What do I want to see?

I want to see the defense dominate. Take advantage of their QB issues. Try and build a lead and force them to make mistakes.

There is also the obvious here. I can’t wait to see more Moore. Since it is a night game I want to be like Billy Idol and hear “Moore, Moore, Moore” in the midnight hour.

I would set the line at 1.5 interceptions. It’s early and outside of Hopkins and Moore, it’s a lot of new faces he is throwing too.

Elijah has a career 13 INT on 405 ATT. Most of those stats were against P5 defenses and splitting time with Blough. I'll take the under.

Reactions: LLaswell
And if I'm remembering correctly one of those INTs stood despite a blatant PI by a Northwestern defender in last season's opener.

O yeah the one where the defender tackled our receiver before the ball even arrived? Still salty about that, and the one handed grab, eh. Sindelar will be ready to go tonight, I am confident in that.

O yeah the one where the defender tackled our receiver before the ball even arrived? Still salty about that, and the one handed grab, eh. Sindelar will be ready to go tonight, I am confident in that.

Correct me if I’m wrong..but what you started above is correct...and later in the game a NW receiver threw a Boiler DB down to catch a long pass later

Predictions vs Nevada:

Will the youth show itself in the 2 deep due to heat and altitude?

Yes. The young guys will have to contribute early and mistakes will be made. Luckily, these young guys are so talented, the big plays should outweigh the mistakes.

Receiving?

I think Rondale Moore will lead in targets, receptions, and yards. He might not have the highest YPC though. I expect 3-4 big plays by receivers (or TE) not named Moore.

Who will have the most rushing yards?

Horvath is going to get the bulk of the carries, but King has the ability to break huge plays. If he gets through that line, he is gone. So I will give King the slight edge here.

Who will lead in tackles?

Bailey is the obvious choice here.

How many turnovers will Purdue Force?

I would say 3-5 here. If GK can be disruptive, they can likely rattle their young QB. I expect big things from Coach Holt and that defense.

What am I most excited for?

I would say seeing the true freshmen play. So much hype on that ‘19 class. Two defensive starters and three big contributors on offense.

What do I want to see?

I want to see the defense dominate. Take advantage of their QB issues. Try and build a lead and force them to make mistakes.

There is also the obvious here. I can’t wait to see more Moore. Since it is a night game I want to be like Billy Idol and hear “Moore, Moore, Moore” in the midnight hour.

I’m excited to see the freshmen as well. Especially on D with Karlaftis and Graham starting. The defense needs to improve from last year and I think those 2 will help give it a jolt. Although I will say that Theineman will be tough to replace at that safety spot because when he was injured last year, it really hurt the D. I do think Graham is more athletic and will have a big impact

Purdue 38 Nevada 17...

Purdue defense with 3 turnovers and one for a TD.

I think Purdue's offensive attack is 60% Passing to 40% Running but both produce TD's.

JD Dellinger has no issues kicking in the thin night air...good from 45 to 50 all night.

Boiler Up!

Correct me if I’m wrong..but what you started above is correct...and later in the game a NW receiver threw a Boiler DB down to catch a long pass later

There was no sarcasm in my post, parts of that game still make my blood boil. And yes I remember that play as well, crazy as both of those calls especially your offensive pass interference were game changers.

Reactions: Bullwhip Griffith
I think Horvath is going to have a big impact in the receiving game. Nevada plays a 3-3-5. You know the safeties are going to cover deep and the nickel back will be focused on Moore. They will have to bring a line backer often for pressure. If Sindelar can identify which one presnap, Horvath could have a big day slipping out into the flat.

I'm most interested to see if the defense can limit big plays, 20+ yards. The Linebackers are strong and should help the young safeties. Our corners have a year of seasoning in them. Can Karlaftis immediately reincarnate Kerrigan and get to the quarterback early and often?

There is a game before ours on CBS Sports. 6pm ET Rice at Army. I shouldn't expect it to go too long since I'm sure there will be a lot of rushing and Army is a 22 1/2 pt favorite.

Elijah has a career 13 INT on 405 ATT. Most of those stats were against P5 defenses and splitting time with Blough. I'll take the under.

Elijah will have plenty of weapons, but with the OL questions, I would hedge on him having at least one turnover. Especially with a young receiving core. His average is one interception every 31 passes. I imagine he will throw at least 31 times. And in the scrimmages, interceptions were thrown. I picked 1.5 because setting it at 1 makes 1 a push. Could set it at .5 I suppose to get more interest on both sides.

To be fair, I hope he throws zero interceptions all season. But I was just making predictions for funsies. You don’t have to agree and it certainly isn’t intended to be a knock on Elijah.

I just don't see huge amounts of pressure on Sindelar from Nevada tonight. They play a 3-3-5 defense and will likely have the safeties covering over the top to limit big plays. That should open up the run game and the intermediate passing game. I see Rondale and Hopkins having a pretty good night. Maybe not big plays, but lots of yards. Their linebackers will have a hard time covering Hopkins and Horvath / Doerue.

And if they don't have a safety over the top, watch out...

I just don't see huge amounts of pressure on Sindelar from Nevada tonight. They play a 3-3-5 defense and will likely have the safeties covering over the top to limit big plays. That should open up the run game and the intermediate passing game. I see Rondale and Hopkins having a pretty good night. Maybe not big plays, but lots of yards. Their linebackers will have a hard time covering Hopkins and Horvath / Doerue.

And if they don't have a safety over the top, watch out...
They are going to run some crazy stunts and blitzes directly at the LG Alex Criddle(the converted DT).
I will be very surprised if we don't see some sacks tonight. Hopefully, Sindelar doesn't get injured

Last edited:
They are going to run some crazy stunts and blitzes directly at the LG Alex Criddle(the converted DT).
I will be very surprised we don't see some sacks tonight. Hopefully, Sindelar doesn't get injured

If Sindelar gets rid of the football quickly enough, and Horvath picks up those blitzes, that shouldn't be the story line tonight. Horvath is plenty big enough to block a linebacker and slow down a smaller defensive lineman.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT