ADVERTISEMENT

Fun things from my wife in Barcelona today.

Jul 1, 2016
By now you all know that we won big.
Some of you have already been "discussing" whether it means anything. Maybe it doesn't, but here are some fun interactions that my wife Kathy had with a team that she continues to say are quality, responsible young men who show that they have been raised right. Kathy is a VERY good judge of character. She married ME!

After today's game most of the team had boarded the bus before Kathy did. As Kathy neared her seat about 1/3 of the way back, Isaac yells to her from the back of the bus "How did you like THAT game?" Kathy saw him and shouted back "It was AWESOME!" These are the kind of unforced interactions she has been having all week with a group of what, 18-22 year olds? Isaac is not the exception! They are just nice, friendly guys. The coaching staff is also.

Kathy has so many pics of the guys. They are always happy to be a part of impromptu photos. Kathy does have favorites. She says it is not because anyone has not been nice to be around, it's just nature that some people are more outgoing and easy to talk to. She really likes Isaac, Spike, Dakota, Kenny Lowe, Jack Owens, Eliot Blume and of course Basil. Basil is a constant delight.

After spending time with the team, here is her opinion of their game:

Carson - Mr. Offense, the real deal
Spike - steady influence
Isaac - the flusher
Caleb - the enforcer
PJ - catalyst
Vince - Swiss Army knife
Ryan and Dakota - gunslingers
Tommy - automatic
Grady - deflector, causes things to happen
Basil - quick strike ability
Jon - resident MD

This post got SO long. Sorry. I just wanted to highlight the Boilers as people first, players second.

By now you all know that we won big.
Some of you have already been "discussing" whether it means anything. Maybe it doesn't, but here are some fun interactions that my wife Kathy had with a team that she continues to say are quality, responsible young men who show that they have been raised right. Kathy is a VERY good judge of character. She married ME!

After today's game most of the team had boarded the bus before Kathy did. As Kathy neared her seat about 1/3 of the way back, Isaac yells to her from the back of the bus "How did you like THAT game?" Kathy saw him and shouted back "It was AWESOME!" These are the kind of unforced interactions she has been having all week with a group of what, 18-22 year olds? Isaac is not the exception! They are just nice, friendly guys. The coaching staff is also.

Kathy has so many pics of the guys. They are always happy to be a part of impromptu photos. Kathy does have favorites. She says it is not because anyone has not been nice to be around, it's just nature that some people are more outgoing and easy to talk to. She really likes Isaac, Spike, Dakota, Kenny Lowe, Jack Owens, Eliot Blume and of course Basil. Basil is a constant delight.

After spending time with the team, here is her opinion of their game:

Carson - Mr. Offense, the real deal
Spike - steady influence
Isaac - the flusher
Caleb - the enforcer
PJ - catalyst
Vince - Swiss Army knife
Ryan and Dakota - gunslingers
Tommy - automatic
Grady - deflector, causes things to happen
Basil - quick strike ability
Jon - resident MD

This post got SO long. Sorry. I just wanted to highlight the Boilers as people first, players second.

Thanks for your updates. Can you tell us if the fourth team we played was comprised of college or high school players?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT