ADVERTISEMENT

For all you Indiana HS basketball historians

13thman

Senior
Feb 5, 2003
Especially those of you located in the Lafayette/Crawfordsville area. One of Montgomery county's ALL TIME greats, Dick Haffner, passed away. He played for New Ross in the mid 50s. Those teams were dominant in Montgomery county. One year they went undefeated all the way to the Lafayette semi state. You might remember his son, Scott, from his playing days at Illinois then Evansville. Just thought I'd pass this along. Carry on.

Especially those of you located in the Lafayette/Crawfordsville area. One of Montgomery county's ALL TIME greats, Dick Haffner, passed away. He played for New Ross in the mid 50s. Those teams were dominant in Montgomery county. One year they went undefeated all the way to the Lafayette semi state. You might remember his son, Scott, from his playing days at Illinois then Evansville. Just thought I'd pass this along. Carry on.
I sat for a couple of games with Scott watching Westfield in the Carmel sectional last year. We had a short conversation about his dad who played for Butler, but I didn't know until seeing the Obit that Scott's sister married Rob Louks who I played BBall with a couple of times. Rob was a QB on those Sheridan football teams who has been quite successful in the corporate world. If memory is correct Corbin Louks (NFL wide receiver) is Rob's son. Such a small world...

I sat for a couple of games with Scott watching Westfield in the Carmel sectional last year. We had a short conversation about his dad who played for Butler, but I didn't know until seeing the Obit that Scott's sister married Rob Louks who I played BBall with a couple of times. Rob was a QB on those Sheridan football teams who has been quite successful in the corporate world. If memory is correct Corbin Louks (NFL wide receiver) is Rob's son. Such a small world...
I was wondering if we recruited Haffner, so I looked him up and realized he was in the class of 1984, along with Troy Lewis and Delray Brooks. Pretty strong group.

Reactions: tjreese
Son Scott also had a cuppa in the League, also.

New Ross High School? Really? Interesting.

Son Scott also had a cuppa in the League, also.

New Ross High School? Really? Interesting.
...and his son really got hot in the 3rd quarter or Westfield might not have come out of the Carmel sectional with a W. Shots were the kind a coach gets sick and then they go in... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT