ADVERTISEMENT

Fletcher Loyer

FOkjygtXsAY3yf-

So I’m probably over analyzing this… But what these scores represent to me is not only the accuracy but the speed required to move through the racks. It indicates that he has excellent catch and shoot skills, can hit shots from various spots, and likely has a fairly quick release, all of which make him a great fit for this offense.

I know it’s early but Fletcher’s ceiling has to be much higher than most shooters Painter has recruited to Purdue outside of Dakota. His ability to shoot and dribble will take him places once he figures out the speed of the college game.

He’s gonna need a year or two to get to where he needs to be defensively probably. I don’t know how quick he is. But I think he has more of a polished offensive repertoire than Mathias, Sasha and Cline had coming out of high school. It should make him a little more of a threat early in his career.

He’s gonna need a year or two to get to where he needs to be defensively probably. I don’t know how quick he is. But I think he has more of a polished offensive repertoire than Mathias, Sasha and Cline had coming out of high school. It should make him a little more of a threat early in his career.
I don't know what to make of him admittedly, other than he is a very good and very heady basketball player.

Mathias was SO underrated with respect to not just how good he was, but, how athletic he was as well...it is why he has had the career even after Purdue that he has, including playing in the NBA...and, he was the only one that did not struggle at the defensive end.

Cline...maybe as good of a pure shooter as modern-day Purdue has ever had.

Sasha...developed into a premier shooter...he could always shoot, but, at the end, he had as quick a release and about as pure of form as anyone.

I think Loyer is more along the Sasha/Cline mold than Mathias, but, if he is ultimately as good as any of those guys, I think Purdue will be happy. I think all of those guys did benefit from their supporting casts, and, I think that Loyer stands to as well. To your point, the one concern is the defensive end...not sure if he is as athletic as Mathias, but, more athletic probably than Cline and Sasha.

I don't know what to make of him admittedly, other than he is a very good and very heady basketball player.

Mathias was SO underrated with respect to not just how good he was, but, how athletic he was as well...it is why he has had the career even after Purdue that he has, including playing in the NBA...and, he was the only one that did not struggle at the defensive end.

Cline...maybe as good of a pure shooter as modern-day Purdue has ever had.

Sasha...developed into a premier shooter...he could always shoot, but, at the end, he had as quick a release and about as pure of form as anyone.

I think Loyer is more along the Sasha/Cline mold than Mathias, but, if he is ultimately as good as any of those guys, I think Purdue will be happy. I think all of those guys did benefit from their supporting casts, and, I think that Loyer stands to as well. To your point, the one concern is the defensive end...not sure if he is as athletic as Mathias, but, more athletic probably than Cline and Sasha.
I hope Loyer is better than Sasha.

Kid is the player of the year in Indiana.

I've watched Loyer live several times. He can create at the HS level very well. He is not just a shooter. Strength, strength and strength are the 3 things he needs for the next level. IMO he will be very good for us his sophomore year.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I think next year as a frosh, he can plan 10-12 mins per game and help us for spot time, zone buster, if you find a match he can guard on other team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT