ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL FOUR???

Yes, it wasn't that long ago, maybe 2007?

Edit: I was close, the 2008 tournament. Kansas beat Memphis with UCLA and UNC joining the party.

The 2007 tournament had two 1 seeds and two 2 seeds, so pretty close
Yeah I was gonna say 2008 was first time ever

Surprisingly, it is somewhat rare to have all #1 in the final.

I don't think it will happen this year either.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Surprisingly, it is somewhat rare to have all #1 in the final.

I don't think it will happen this year either.
Houston looked beatable against Texas A&M. A slightly better team than the Aggies probably topples the Cougs.

But all four brackets are loaded this year. There haven't been very many upsets at all.

Houston looked beatable against Texas A&M. A slightly better team than the Aggies probably topples the Cougs.

But all four brackets are loaded this year. There haven't been very many upsets at all.

Yes - not very common to have all four #1-seeds and #2-seeds make the Regional semi-finals:

Previously - four times

'89 (Georgetown/Duke, Arizona/Indiana, Oklahoma/North Carolina, and Illinois/Syracuse)

'95 (Wake Forest/Massachusetts, UCLA/Connecticut, Kentucky/North Carolina, and Kansas/Arkansas)

'09 (Louisville/Michigan State, Connecticut/Memphis, Pittsburgh/Duke, and North Carolina/Oklahoma)

'19 (Duke/Michigan State, Gonzaga/Michigan, Virginia/Tennessee, and North Carolina/Kentucky)

In addition to 2008 (when all four top seeds made it as a couple have noted), there have been three No. 1 seeds in the Final Four three other different times, in '97, '99, and '15. In 1997, #4-seed Arizona joined Kentucky, Minnesota, and North Carolina. With winning the tournament, the Arizona Wildcats accomplished the rare feat of defeating three of the four No. 1 seeds, as it also beat Kansas in its Southeast Region bracket, along with North Carolina in the semi-finals and Kentucky in the championship game.

'97 (Kentucky, North Carolina, Minnesota, and #4 Arizona)

'99 (Connecticut, Duke, Michigan State, and #4 Ohio State)

'15 (Duke, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and #7 Michigan State)

Last edited:

50+ fouls in that game. Houston had top 3 guys foul out (2 in regulation and 1 in OT). Houston is good but physical as hell. I wonder if Zach would foul out there front court in the first half…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT